Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. Why do people pull back from self-disclosure?A. Because

1. Why do people pull back...
1. Why do people pull back from self-disclosure?
A. Because it allows them to know themselves and others around them better
B. Because they are trying to create high self-awareness which requires them to spend time in solitude
C. Because they have learnt very early to shut away large parts of themselves in the hidden pane
D. Because it is very difficult to deal with the repressed childhood experiences

2. Among the four different areas or “clusters” of emotional intelligence, self awareness refers to the ability to:
A. Understand the way you are “coming off” to other people
B. Understand the politics of your own workplace
C. Hold yourself in check and not overact when something bothers you
D. Settle conflicts and disagreements between groups and between people

3. Which of the following in NOT part of the self-concept?
A. Self-image
B. Real self
C. Looking-glass self
D. Efficacy self

4. How does ISO 9000 differ from the quality movement?
A. ISO 9000 can be used only by manufacturing companies
B. Quality movement focuses on explaining procedures in organizations
C. ISO 900 emphasizes on keeping careful records of how things get done
D. ISO 9000 focuses on a conscious examination of the company’s processes

5. If a manager wants to implement team building approach, what does he or she need to learn?
A. The new management role of being a coach or a captain of a team
B. The art of constant surveillance
C. Sustaining the responsibility of getting the job done by oneself
D. Maintaining a tight control over the group

6. Which of the following constitutes an effective feedback?
A. Giving opinions
B. Dealing with descriptions
C. Offering judgments
D. Operating from perceptions

7. According to Graves’s seven value levels, very few people stay in the _______ level past infancy.
A. Tribalism
B. Reaction
C. Existentialism
D. Egocentrism

8. Which of the following steps will elicit a meaningful feedback from a passive person?
A. Confront the person
B. Engage in a small talk to fill the uncomfortable empty pauses during a discussion
C. Set time limits
D. Ask close-ended questions

9. ______ are formalized sets of ethical guidelines developed by some companies for use at all levels of an organization.
A. Corporate laws
B. Moral dictates
C. Ethical codes
D. Value statements

10. When delivering bad news to the customer, one has to ensure that he or she uses a(n) ______ tone of voice.
A. Aggressive
B. Stern
C. Polite
D. Sympathetic
8/21/2012
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work