Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Kathy, I have a question that I need your help with. Part

Kathy, I have a question...
Kathy, I have a question that I need your help with. Part 1 and 2 are due tomorrow(Thurs afternoon/early evening) and part 3 is due Sat.
1. Explain why Public Law 94-142 was revised into what is now the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (I.D.E.A. ). You will likely experience inclusion—whether regular or partial—as a part of your classroom, in your role as a teacher. Choose one of the types of disabilities categorized by I.D.E.A. in Table 7.1: “The 13 I.D.E.A. Categories of Disability” (in Chapter 7 of the course text). Identify the type of disability, provide a short description of it, and share two strategies you would use in your classroom to accommodate it. These strategies should show that the above laws are recognized and reflected in classroom practice to ensure your student(s) make adequate yearly progress. Please use the IDEA – Building the Legacy of IDEA 2004 (http://idea.ed.gov/explore/home) site as a source.

2. After watching the TEACH California: Decide if Teaching Is for You (http://teachcalifornia.org/decide/ab04.html) video interview with Michael Laharty, do you think you could/should be a special education teacher? Why or why not? What additional education would you need to be a successful special education teacher? Do you think special education teachers should start at a higher salary than “regular education” teachers? Why or why not?

3. Your Final Project will include two parts: (1) a Word document and (2) an interactive, web-based timeline. You will prepare and submit the Word document this week, and this part will become the text for the interactive timeline (the interactive timeline will be due next week). Again, this week only the written portion of the timeline is required.

Written Portion Guidelines
Your written portion of the “History of American Education Timeline” Final Project will be the foundation of the interactive web-based portion. All text on the interactive timeline must also be present in the written portion (Word document). You will submit a draft of the written portion and make any necessary revisions to it based on your instructor’s feedback before using it in the timeline next week. (Kathy, I will provide you with the feedback)

The written portion of the “History of American Education Timeline” Final Project:

Must be at least five double-spaced pages in length, including:
An introduction
At least 20 summaries of historical events (one summary for each event of the timeline). Each summary must contain:
Title and dates in bold font.
50 to 100 words per summary, accurately outlining the historical event
Please note that the image/media associated with each historical event is not required for this week's Assignment.
A conclusion
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper
Student’s name
Course name and number
Instructor’s name
Date submitted
Must address the topic with critical thought.
Must document all sources in APA style.
Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style.

I will post next weeks final paper/part in another question. It will consist of the timeline as mentioned above. Below will explain a bit about the website to visit for next weeks timeline.

Looking Ahead
Next week, you will upload a revised version of this assignment to the timeline you will create using TimeGlider (http://timeglider.com/). Registering to use TimeGlider is free, and it is highly recommended that you sign up as soon as possible and review the TimeGlider application (http://timeglider.com/how_it_works.php) and the various ways you can make your timeline interactive. You can review the TimeGlider: Instructions (http://timeglider.com/instructions/) page for detailed information on using the application.

If you have any question please ask and I will submit the need info. Thank you for your help!
6/28/2012
Kathy
Kathy, Teacher

Kathy :

Thank you for requesting my assistance. I will complete your assignments on a timely manner.

Kathy :

Upon reading all the requirements of your request. I can offer to complete the written part of your assignment, since I am not familiar with the creation of an interactive timeline. You may want to post that part separate for further assistance. Please let me know if this is suitable for you so I can continue assisting you with the written part of your assignment. Thanks

Customer:

That will be fine. Complete the written part and I will complete/create the timeline portion. Thank you!

Customer:

Just want to confirm that you can assist with both part 1 and 2 and the written portion of part 3. Thank you!

Kathy :

I will. Thanks

Your answers are attached. I hope they help you construct your own answers. Thanks
Kathy you posted the same link twice. Please repost the 2 link. Thank you for your help!
My apologies. Please try this link. Thanks
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Kat, I have the timeline response and have a couple of question regarding it. Also the question that is due today states it is closed. Do u still have access to it?
Sorry I had some system issues earlier let me check the question. Thanks
Kathy
Kathy
Kathy, Teacher