Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. According to a 1993 World Bank report, East Asian economic

growth in the late twentieth...
1. According to a 1993 World Bank report, East Asian economic growth in the late twentieth century was
due, in part, to
A. governments that favored import substitution over export competitiveness.
B. educational programs focused on free higher education.
C. strong governments that maintained business stability.
D. relatively weak laissez-faire government policies.
2. In China in the 1980s, commune-based agriculture was replaced by the _______ responsibility system.
A. Confucian
B. community
C. household
D. cultural
3. Which of the following statements about Vietnam is true?
A. Vietnamese farmers have long specialized in the production of Arabica coffee.
B. Vietnam is no longer a communist country.
C. Hanoi is the main center of Vietnam's marketplace economy.
D. Vietnam's current level of rice exports challenges that of India.
4. With respect to human rights issues in Southeast Asia, which statement is most accurate?
A. The Khmer Rouge leaders have never been brought to trial.
B. Chinese merchants living in Cambodia and elsewhere have carried out vendettas against hill tribes.
C. Both Cambodia and Vietnam carried out ethnic eradication programs against hill people.
D. The leaders of the Khmer Rouge fled from Cambodia after 1979.
5. The rise of China's naval power under Admiral Cheng-Ho occurred during the _______ dynasty.
A. Qin
B. Tang
C. Zhou
D. Ming
6. Which of the following cities is located on the most densely populated island of Indonesia?
A. Jakarta
B. Kuala Lumpur
C. Manila
D. Bangkok
7. With respect to major rivers, the Mekong is to Vietnam as the Irrawady is to
A. Laos.
B. Cambodia.
C. Thailand.
D. Myanmar.
8. In terms of GNI PPP, excluding Singapore, the wealthiest nations of Southeast Asia are
A. Indonesia and the Philippines.
B. Cambodia and Laos.
C. Indonesia and Vietnam.
D. Thailand and Malaysia.
9. The seat of the Japanese Emperors moved from Kyoto to Edo
A. under the Meiji Emperor.
B. immediately after Edo was renamed Tokyo.
C. when Shinto became Japan's dominant religion.
D. during the rule of the Samurai.
10. Which of the following mainland countries of Southeast Asia was never a European colony?
A. Cambodia
B. Laos
C. Thailand
D. Burma (Myanmar)
11. The Demilitarized Zone between North and South Korea was established in
A. 1911.
B. 1953.
C. 1963.
D. 1945.
12. The Indonesian name for Borneo is
A. Kalimantan.
B. Sulawesi.
C. Brunei.
D. Irian Jaya.
13. Founded in 1967, ASEAN did little to foster economic cooperation until _______ proposed a free-trade
area in 1991.
A. Thailand
B. Indonesia
C. Singapore
D. Malaysia
14. Which of the following statements is true of Singapore?
A. Singapore finally became self-governing in 1965.
B. Singapore is a major manufacturer of computer hard drives.
C. Singapore is member of the Federation of Malaysia.
D. Singapore's government condemned U.S. military actions in Afghanistan.
15. The earliest Chinese civilization along the lower valley of the Yellow River was based on the cultivation
of
A. millet.
B. rice.
C. wheat.
D. wheat and rice.
16. By the early 2000s, which country was Taiwan's third-largest trading partner?
A. China
B. United States
C. South Korea
D. Japan
17. Which of the following ethnic groups have suffered a long history of discrimination in Japan?
A. Uygurs
B. Ainu
C. Falun Gong
D. Xinjiang
18. _______ has the largest metropolitan economy in the world.
A. Hong Kong
B. Taipei
C. Tokyo
D. Seoul
19. The Filipinos call it the Luzon Sea and the Vietnamese call it the East Sea, but however it's named, the
_______ Sea is the world's largest sea body after the five oceans.
A. Java
B. Celebes
C. South China
D. Philippine
End of exam
20. Which of the following statements is true regarding gender equality in Southeast Asia?
A. Mao Zedong declared that "Women hold up half the sky."
B. Japan's nationalists support female succession to the Chrysanthemum Throne.
C. South Korea is the only Southeast Asian country that supports absolute gender equality.
D. Traditional Confucian views no longer maintain the inferiority of women.
6/20/2012
Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Thanks for your questions. I will post your answers promptly working on them now.
homework - east asia and southeast asia
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Kathy
Kathy
Kathy, Teacher