Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

25-38 25. According to your textbook, how well a speech is

Customer Question
nbsp;25-38 25. According to your...
nbsp;25-38 25. According to your textbook, how well a speech is organized likely will influence (Points : 2) how clearly the audience understands the speech. how the audience views the competence of the speaker. how confident the speaker feels about his or her delivery. all of the above. 26. When used in a speech introduction, telling a story, asking a question, making a startling statement, and arousing curiosity are all methods of (Points : 2) previewing the body of the speech. enhancing the speaker's credibility. establishing goodwill with the audience. revealing the topic of the speech. gaining the attention of the audience. 27. According to your textbook, what kind of reasoning is used in the following statement? Last summer, a five-year-old boy in Seattle was killed by his brother when the two were playing with their father's gun. Last month, four-year-old Dylan Jackson accidentally killed himself after finding a loaded gun at a friend's home during a birthday party. In Tampa, Florida, a two-year-old shot himself in the chest with a pistol left in the family couch. Clearly, children in America are at risk from gun accidents (Points : 2) chain reasoning reasoning from principle deductive reasoning reasoning from specific instances analogical reasoning 28. If you were giving a speech about how to execute basic karate moves, the best kind of visual aid to use would probably be (Points : 2) yourself. a photograph. a chart. a drawing. a painting. 29. According to your textbook, when using PowerPoint in a speech, you should (Points : 2) try to come up with a slide for every point in the speech. use PowerPoint only where it is needed to communicate your ideas. write your points on the slides so the audience can read along with you. all of the above. 30. Visual aids can be very useful to a speaker because they (Points : 2) often take the place of statistics. enhance the clarity of a speaker's ideas. can be passed among members of the audience. do not require a great deal of explanation. all of the above. 31. According to your textbook, when citing sources during a speech, a speaker should usually identify the (Points : 2) book, magazine, newspaper, or Web document being cited. author or sponsoring organization responsible for the document. qualifications of the author with regard to the topic. all of the above. 32. According to your textbook, when quoting an Internet document during a speech, a speaker should usually identify the (Points : 2) full address of the Web site for the document. author or sponsoring organization responsible for the document. search engine used to find the document. all of the above. 33. Which of the following is an instance of persuasive speaking? (Points : 2) a president of a company presenting an award to an outstanding employee a marketing manager explaining a new product to the company's sales force a personnel manager defining employee benefits at a meeting of workers a union representative urging management to avoid a strike by raising wages a finance officer reporting sales figures to the board of directors 34. A contemporary research term credibility was termed by Aristotle as (Points : 2) ethics. logos. ethos pathos. credos. 35. "To persuade my audience to take a class that will teach them CPR" is a specific purpose statement for a persuasive speech on a question of (Points : 2) fact. attitude. value. policy. opinion. 36. Which organizational pattern is especially effective for persuasive speeches that seek immediate action by listeners? (Points : 2) comparative advantages order Monroe's motivated sequence problem-solution order reflective-thinking sequence psychological process order 37. If you have prepared a speech, but do not plan to use the same exact wording during presentation, you will be speaking (Points : 2) impromptu extemporaneously from memory from a manuscript 38. When being interviewed, you should (Points : 2) Ask about salary and benefits Answer questions quickly, as the interviewer has a limited amount of time Tell the interviewer about your family situation that may affect your job performance Be enthusiastic and ask questions
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/26/2012
Tutor: Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work replied 5 years ago
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work

Hi Amanda,

I skipped these because of the poor formatting. Let me know if you have any time remaining, and I'll try to answer these also.

Just delete .... This was an error
Thank you !
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you did well on the exam!
Thanks to you ;)
Hope you will be available in the future as well... U have been very helpful ;)
You're very welcome. I look forward to assisting you again soon.
Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate