Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

This question is for Rat Atkison, Do you still have the file

Customer Question
This question is for Rat...
This question is for Rat Atkison,
Do you still have the file for this question, I need it by midnight Monday?

Fertilizing the Lawn. The facilities manager at Oxbridge University is planning to apply fertilizer to the grass in the quadrangle area in the spring. The grass needs nitrogen, phosphorus, and potash in at least the amounts given in the following table.

Mineral Minimum Weight (lb)
Nitrogen 12
Phosphorus 14
Potash 18

Three kinds of commercial fertilizer are available, with mineral content and prices per 1,000 pounds as given in the following table. There is virtually unlimited supply of each kind of fertilizer.

Nitrogen Phosphorus Potash
Fertilizer Content (lb) Content (lb) Content (lb) Price ($)
A 20 10 5 10
B 10 5 15 8
C 15 10 5 7

How much of each fertilizer should be purchased to satisfy the requirements at minimum cost?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Homework
5/26/2012
Tutor: Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student replied 5 years ago
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Yes I need the tables also
Okay. Will do. I'll write it up in Excel for you.
Ok, thanks
You say "low urgency." How soon do you need this? I am going to be out for the afternoon, but will be back in a few hours. Do you need this in the next hour?
At least by 11p.m. Monday night.
I will have it for you later this afternoon, no worries.
Can you put headings so I can understand it better as to what I'm looking at

The columns are A, B, C, µ1, µ2, µ3, Z (actually -Z), and B.

If you need more explanation, it is going to have to wait until I get back in about 4 hours.

Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student