Joanne
Joanne, Tutor
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Political Science
14883717

For active/passive voice: In the below paragraph please locatefour

For active/passive voice: In the below paragraph please locatefour (4) sentences that use active voice, and rewrite the sentences using passive voice.

The prospect of attending college, leaving old attitudes and beliefs behind, was daunting. The world I knew was greatly different from the academic world, and I was unsure that I would fit in. I was twenty years older than traditional students and was not confident that I could compete. Going to a university full-time would require commitment of time and money that would cause hardship for my family. My wife suggested that I enroll at my local community college first, which I did.
Edit
Category: Homework
Expert:  Joanne replied 5 years ago.

Joanne :

hi thanks for the request

Joanne :

i will work on this for you as well

Customer:

Thanks. I got behind this week and need to get caught up by midnight.

Joanne :

haha, no worries, this will be done in a jiffy :)

Customer:

I have one more after this. Its a little more detailed, do you have time to get it done after this one.

Joanne :

hey, is it possible to provide a longer paragraph for this? I'm having a little bit of trouble converting some sentences.

Customer:

Let me check.

Customer:

try this one.

Joanne :

Okay, I managed to tweak the sentences a little to convert 4 of them.

The prospect of attending college, leaving old attitudes and beliefs behind was daunting. As the academic world is greatly different from the world which I had known, a sense of uncertainty was felt due to my worries about not being about to fit in. A lack of confidence over my ability to compete was experienced because I was twenty years older than traditional students. The decision to first enroll at a community college, which I agreed to, was suggested by my wife.

Customer:

Great. Do you have time for one more?

Joanne :

I do have the time but i do need to view the question first, to see if i am able to help

Customer:

I can post this in the other area. I am working on a paper while your helping me with this. I'm down to an hour. Let me know thanks.

Joanne :

okay, please post the new question in a new thread then :)

Joanne :

please help by leaving a positive feedback after hitting accept for this one too !

Customer:

OK. I'll take care of it now. Thanks.