F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience:  Experience with chartered accountancy
20040807

I need your help on a question youve already answered Refer

Customer Question

I need your help on a question you've already answered Refer to the financial statements of American Eagle (Appendix B) and Urban Outfitters (Appendix C) and the Industry Ratio Report (Appendix D) at the end of this book. Compute the following ratios for the most recent reporting year for which you have available information: return on equity, earnings per share, profit margin, current ratio, inventory turnover, debt/equity ratio, price/earnings ratio, and dividend yield. Assume the stock ...
Category: Homework
Expert:  F. Naz replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for asking me, please provide detail and also check the question is complete or not as it is showing last words, Assume the stock
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You've help someone with this question before on about 6 months ago.

I need to submit a 3-5 page word document comparing and contrasting the company ratios to one another and the industry. Make a determination of which company is in a better financial situation as part of your conclusion. Also discuss how each company compares to the industry averages.

Here is the question

Refer to the financial statements of American Eagle (Appendix B) and Urban Outfitters (Appendix C) and the Industry Ratio Report (Appendix D) at the end of this book. Compute the following ratios for the most recent reporting year for which you have available information: return on equity, earnings per share, profit margin, current ratio, inventory turnover, debt/equity ratio, price/earnings ratio, and dividend yield. Assume the stock price is $28 for Urban Outfitters and $15 for American Eagle. Compare the ratios for each company to the industry average ratios.

I would an excel sheet that is not read only because I would like to view the formulas.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 5 years ago.
The question was asked but the solution was not provided by me as the data was not availble at that time, if you could provide me the data, I can do the assignment, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Here you go!

Attachment: 2012-04-26_045118_question_14-3.xlsx

Expert:  F. Naz replied 5 years ago.
Please tell me exactly what is needed and by what time thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need the following ratios computed for American Eagle, Urban Outfitters, and Industry standard...

return on equity

earnings per share

profit margin

current ratio

inventory turnover

debt/equity ratio

price/earnings ratio

dividend yield

I need them before Saturday. Please use Excel so I can see the calculations.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 5 years ago.
What I have understood that you only need the excel sheet showing the ratio of two compnaies, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That is correct as the industry average is already provided.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 5 years ago.
OkAy will try my best to answer it by your deadline take care.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 5 years ago.
Have a nice day

Click here for solution
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had a question on one of the ratio's you helped me with. Where did you get the numbers for Urban's ROE (=199364/807328)?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok that makes sense. One more ratio question how did you calculate the inventory turnover ratio (=1121140/155038)?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!