Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Assignment Type: Individual Project Deliverable Length: 3–4

Customer Question
Assignment Type: Individual Project...
Assignment Type: Individual Project Deliverable Length: 3–4 pages
Points Possible: 100 Due Date: 4/22/2012 11:59XXXXX

Infanticide, or the practice of killing a newborn baby, has been practiced by cultures throughout history and on every continent. It is still considered permissible in some parts of the world today, especially in areas of extreme poverty and overpopulation. Female children run a greater risk of infanticide, given cultural beliefs about gender. Consider the following excerpt (Sayah, 2011):

At a morgue in Pakistan's largest city, five linen pouches—each the size of a loaf of bread—line the shelf of a walk-in freezer. Wrapped inside each small sack is the corpse of an infant. The babies are victims of what one relief agency calls Pakistan's worst unfolding tragedy: the killing and dumping of newborns. Families view many of these children as illegitimate in a culture that condemns those born outside of marriage. Statistics show that roughly nine out of 10 are baby girls, which families may consider too costly to keep in a country where women frequently are not allowed to work. The head of Edhi Foundation, 83-year-old Abdul Sattar Edhi, blames Pakistan's crippling poverty and a government that, for decades, has failed to educate the masses, generate jobs and provide citizens with the most basic needs. "The distribution of resources by the government is wrong," Edhi said. "Many people don't pay taxes; there's no charity, and what you get from the government is all based on your wealth."

Considering the passage above, and write a paper of 3–4 pages that makes one of the following arguments:

Infanticide is universally morally wrong.
Infanticide is morally right within certain contexts.
Consider deontological ethics, teleological ethics, moral objectivism, and ethical relativism in your argument. Provide at least 3 valid reasons to support your argument. Also, be sure to include the following in your paper:

Identify your argument—or thesis statement—within the introduction of your paper.
Include definitions of cultural relativism, ethical relativism, moral objectivism, deontological ethics, and teleological ethics.
Consider infanticide from the perspective of Immanuel Kant’s universal categorical imperative. Could you argue that infanticide can occur universally within situations like extreme poverty and overpopulation? Why or why not?
Consider infanticide from the perspective of teleological ethics. Does infanticide within the context of extreme poverty promote the greater good? Please explain.
The article states that, “Families view many of these children as illegitimate in a culture that condemns those born outside of marriage” (Sayah, 2011). Does this belief justify infanticide? Be sure to include how this belief relates to cultural relativism and moral objectivism.
Use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
You may find that you change your mind on the issue as you are writing your paper. That is fine, but be sure to present your ultimate decision at the beginning of the paper, and stick to it consistently throughout. This may require that you go back and change the first few paragraphs that contain your thesis statement.
Your argument should be clear, concise, and supported with logically valid claims
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Homework
4/24/2012
Tutor: BMW MD, Professor replied 5 years ago
BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
I may be able to help. Please respond with the due date, and the length. Thank you! I look forward to working with you! Please also keep in mind that I normally ask for $10 per page of written text. You have only offered $20 for this question when it would be $30-40. Please let me know if this is acceptable. Thank you!
its ok for me
When is this assignment due please? Thank you!
It says due 4/22 but that has passed. Please advise. Thanks!
i have chance until tomorrow. 25
That's great... I will have it to you tomorrow! Thank you!

socratic question not coming yet pleas try tomorrow.

thanks

I don't understand what you mean? You accepted the Socrates question already, didn't you?

no i well send this question again you can check you didnt sent it yet the question is:

Assignment Name:Unit 4 Individual Project
Deliverable Length:4-6 pages
Details:

For this paper, you will write a dialogue between you and an imaginary Socrates. You will debate the question of free will versus determinism. Remember that the Socratic Method involves asking a series of questions to clarify key words and ideas. In your dialogue, the imaginary Socrates should be asking clarifying questions, and you will be answering them. Please refer to the excerpt from Plato's Meno as an example (below). This paper should be 4-6 pages.

Your dialogue should address the following questions:

• What is the definition of determinism?
  • What is the definition of free will?
  • Do you agree that every event has an explanatory cause?
  • How do you define event?
  • How do you define explanatory cause?
  • Do you agree that every human choice or event has an explanatory cause?
  • How do you define human choice? How do you definite human event? Are they different?
  • Do you agree that to have an explanatory cause is to not be free?
  • How do you define free?
  • Do you think that free will and determinism can coexist in any way?
  • Is it possible to have external determinism and internal free will?

To have cohesion and reach solid conclusions, your imaginary Socrates will probably ask you more questions than the ones listed above. Be sure to include all of the above ideas in your dialogue.

Your dialogue should also include all of the following:

• Use of the Socratic Method to form all conclusions (this will be achieved by the question and answer dialogue between you and the imaginary Socrates)
  • Clear and concise language, using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
  • Correct definitions of free will and determinism
  • Logical explanations and valid reasoning for each conclusion
  • Clear answers to each question with a definite stance or position
    • You must reach a conclusive answer to each question

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
BMW MD
BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor