Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Using the Internet and other available resources research Southwest

Customer Question
Airlines' approach to customer and...
Using the Internet and other available resources research Southwest Airlines' approach to customer and employee retention. Explore the relationship between the success of the airline and the practices of the SWA People Department. State your perspective on SWA's philosophy and strategies on managing people in the delivery of their service.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/24/2012
Tutor: Alex, Engineer replied 5 years ago
Alex
Alex, Engineer

Alex :

Hi, what's the due date for the assignment and the required word count?

I need it immediately 300 words
Will you be able to help?
Hi, I usually work nights. Yes, will have it in about 30 minutes. Will that work?
Here you are:

http://wikisend.com/download/128858/Southwest.doc

Thanks
Alex
I don't know how to download from this site.
Here you are:

While many airlines believe that they are focused on customer service Southwest continues to be the winner in terms of customer satisfaction scores and the number of complaints received from consumers. The primary reason for this is that Southwest has a culture that is purely focused on providing great service to the customer at a fair price. They have removed many roadblocks in terms of ensuring customer satisfaction including no baggage fees like many other airlines charge. Southwest empowers their employees to allow them to make decisions when faced with a problem by a customer. Instead of contacting a manager an employee has the ability to correct the situation. This ensures the customer is happy and returns for future flights with the company. In addition to focusing on customer satisfaction by empowering employees the company also makes it a point to ensure that their employees are happy. Part of how they ensure employee satisfaction is by empowering employees as not only does it provide for happier customers it also provides for happier employees. Employees are encouraged to have fun in their jobs and are even free to add their own unique spin to everything from airline announcements to the encouraged interaction with customers. In addition, Southwest has had an employee profit sharing plan since 1973 which has allowed employees to currently own approximately 10% of the company. This provides employees with a vested interest which provides them with the incentive to continue to provide great service as more customers means increased profit sharing. The culture of having fun and rewarding employees has been the hallmark of Southwests success even through difficult economic times in which other airlines filed for bankruptcy. The employee loyalty that has developed in the culture allowed for the employees to accept temporary pay cuts in an attempt to protect the jobs of everyone and ensure the airlines long term success. Providing the incentives and atmosphere in which people love to work has allowed them to succeed in terms of both employee and customer satisfaction.

Alex
Alex, Engineer
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Alex
Alex
Alex, Engineer