Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

) Which of the following is best defined as a consciously coordinated

Customer Question
social unit, composed of two...
) Which of the following is best defined as a consciously coordinated social unit, composed of two or more people, which functions on a relatively continuous basis to achieve a common goal or set of goals?

A. Party
B. Unit
C. Community
D. Organization

2) Over the past 2 decades, business schools have added required courses on organizational design to many of their curricula. Why have they done this?

A. Managers no longer need technical skills in subjects such as economics and accounting to succeed.
B. Managers need to understand human behavior if they are to be effective.
C. These skills enable managers to effectively lead human resources departments.
D. A manager with good interpersonal skills can help create a pleasant workplace.

3) Robert Katz identified three essential skills that managers must have to reach their goals. What are these skills?

A. Technical, decisional, and interpersonal
B. Technical, human, and conceptual
C. Interpersonal, informational, and decisional
D. Human, informational, and communication

4) __________ is a field of study that investigates the effect that individuals, groups, and structures have on behavior within organizations for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organization’s effectiveness.

A. Corporate tactics
B. Human resources management
C. Organizational behavior
D. Corporate strategy

5) What do the fundamental consistencies underlying the behavior of all individuals enable researchers to do?

A. Observe human behavior.
B. Research human behavior.
C. Predict human behavior.
D. Detect human behavior.

6) Which of the following is a generic term that covers a broad range of feelings that people experience?

A. Affect
B. Emotions
C. Moods
D. Emotional labor

7) What term is used for intense feelings that are directed at someone or something?

A. Affect
B. Cognition
C. Thoughts
D. Emotions

8) If personality characteristics were completely dictated by __________, they would be fixed at birth and no amount of experience could alter them.

A. job satisfaction
B. heredity
C. environment
D. situational factors

9) Which of the following are classifications on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator?

A. Extroverted, intuitive, judging, independent
B. Extroverted, sensing, judging, thinking
C. Extroverted, judging, independent, feeling
D. Sensing, perceiving, dependent, feeling

10) Maria is dissatisfied with the way that her manager treats her. She has quit her job and found a new position with another firm. How has she expressed her dissatisfaction?

A. Exit
B. Voice
C. Neglect
D. Loyalty

You quietly continue to do your work when you know things will not improve. This is what type of response to dissatisfaction?

A. Exit
B. Voice
C. Loyalty
D. Neglect

12) A group

A. generates positive synergy through coordinated effort
B. generates greater outputs with no increase in inputs
C. is two or more individuals interacting and interdependent
D. engages in collective work that requires joint effort

13) __________ results in a level of performance that is greater than the sum of the individual input.

A. Synergy
B. Enthusiasm
C. Energy
D. Initiative

14) What happens in the second stage of Tuckman's five stage model of group development?

A. Close relationships are developed.
B. The group demonstrates cohesiveness.
C. Intragroup conflict often occurs.
D. Groups disband.

15) Zach is devout and very active in his church. He is also a very dedicated employee. His manager offers him a promotion, but the new role will require him to work Sundays. Zach would like the promotion, but realizes that it would force him to miss some church activities. It is likely that Zach is experiencing which of the following:

A. Role conflict
B. Role expectation
C. Role perception
D. Role identity

16) Which role focuses on bringing about order and consistency by drawing up formal plans?

A. Leadership
B. Management
C. Task structure
D. Initiating structure

17) Which statement regarding leadership is true?

A. Formal rights enable managers to lead effectively.
B. All managers are leaders.
C. All leaders are hierarchically superior to followers.
D. Nonsanctioned leadership is as important as or more important than formal influence.

18) What are three situational criteria identified in the Fiedler model?

A. Charisma, influence, and leader-member relations
B. Leader-member relations, task structure, and position power
C. Task structure, leadership ability, and group conflict
D. Emotional intelligence, group orientation, and employee status

19) The reconceptualization of the contingency model by Garcia and Fiedler is called __________ theory.

A. situational
B. cognitive resource
C. evaluative
D. cognitive dissonance
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Homework
4/8/2012
Tutor: Ellen, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer
Welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you so much for your question.

I am working on your answer. What time do you need these?
within 2 hours at most

I am uncertain whether I can make your deadline so I will open the question to the other experts.

Your JA Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue.

You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS unless you actively disable these features.

No need to reply as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus delaying other experts' access to it.

My apologies for any inconvenience and Good luck.
Tutor: Bizhelp, CPA replied 5 years ago
Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Bizhelp
Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA