Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

E4-6 The accountant of Weatherspoon Shoe Co. has compiled

Customer Question
E4-6 The accountant of Weatherspoon Shoe...
E4-6
The accountant of Weatherspoon Shoe Co. has compiled the following information from the company's records as a basis for an income statement for the year ended December 31, 2010.
Rental revenue $29,000
Interest expense 18,000
Market appreciation on land above cost 31,000
Wages and salaries-sales 114,800
Materials and supplies-sales 17,600
Income tax 30,600
Wages and salaries-administrative 135,900
Other administrative expenses 51,700
Cost of goods sold 516,000
Net sales 980,000
Depreciation on plant assets (70% selling, 30% administrative) 65,000
Dividends declared 16,000
There were 20,000 shares of common stock outstanding during the year.
(a) Prepare a multiple-step income statement. (Round earnings per share to 2 decimal places, e.g. 5.25. For multiple entries list from largest to smallest amounts, e.g. 10, 5, 1. Enter all amounts as positive amounts and subtract where necessary.)
(b) Prepare a single-step income statement.

( C ) The accountant of Weatherspoon Shoe Co. has compiled the following information from the company's records as a basis for an income statement for the year ended December 31, 2010.
Rental revenue $29,000
Interest expense 18,000
Wages and salaries-sales 114,800
Materials and supplies-sales 17,600
Income tax 30,600
Other administrative expenses 51,700
Cost of goods sold 516,000
Net sales 980,000
Dividends declared 16,000
Which format do you prefer? The multiple-step form or the single-step form. Discuss. Refer to E6-6 (a,b).
E4-16

(Various Reporting Formats)
The following information was taken from the records of Gibson Inc. for the year 2010. Income tax applicable to income from continuing operations $119,000; income tax applicable to loss on discontinued operations $25,500; income tax applicable to extraordinary gain $32,300; income tax applicable to extraordinary loss $20,400; and unrealized holding gain on available-for-sale securities $15,000.
Extraordinary gain $95,000 Cash dividends declared $150,000
Loss on discontinued operations 75,000 Retained earnings, January 1, 2010 600,000
Administrative expenses 240,000 Cost of goods sold 850,000
Rent revenue 40,000 Selling expenses 300,000
Extraordinary loss 60,000 Sales 1,700,000
Shares outstanding during 2010 were 100,000.
(a) Prepare a single-step income statement for 2010.
(b) Prepare a retained earnings statement for 2010.
(c) Show how comprehensive income is reported using the second income statement format.

During 2010 Nielsen Company started a construction job with a contract price of $1,600,000. The job was completed in 2012. The following information is available.

2010 2011 2012
Costs incurred to date $400,000 $825,000 $1,070,000
Estimated costs to complete 600,000 275,000 -0-
Billings to date 300,000 900,000 1,600,000
Collections to date 270,000 810,000 1,425,000
(a) Compute the amount of gross profit to be recognized each year assuming the percentage-of-completion method is used.
(b)Prepare all necessary journal entries for 2011.
(c) Compute the amount of gross profit to be recognized each year assuming the completed-contract method is used. (If no profit is recognized, please enter 0, do not leave any fields blank.)
E18-5

(Analysis of Percentage-of-completion Financial Statements)
In 2010, Steinrotter Construction Corp. began construction work under a 3-year contract. The contract price was $1,000,000. Steinrotter uses the percentage-of-completion method for financial accounting purposes. The income to be recognized each year is based on the proportion of cost incurred to total estimated costs for completing the contract. The financial statement presentations relating to this contract at December 31, 2010, follow.

Balance Sheet
Accounts receivable-construction contract billings $18,000
Construction in progress $65,000
Less: Contract billings 61,500
Cost of uncompleted contract in excess of billings 3,500

Income Statement
Income (before tax) on the contract recognized in 2010 $19,500
(a) How much cash was collected in 2010 on this contract?
(b) What was the initial estimated total income before tax on this contract?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Homework
4/3/2012
Tutor: Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor replied 5 years ago
Manal Elkhoshkhany

Hello

Please advise your deadline

Thank you

if possible tonight before midnight Mountain time.

I can help, but the amount you are offering is too low for all those questions. Please break down the questions into one question per post or offer a bonus to add when I submit the solutions

Thank you

I will break it up.
is there anyway to edit this question I posted or delete it and start over?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Manal Elkhoshkhany

You have posted 18-5 in the general category so I cannot answer it :)

When you post 18-6, please make sure you post it under Business and Finance HW

Thank you

Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor