Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Unit 5 - Assignment 1 Assignment Type: Individual

Unit 5 - Assignment 1 Assignment...
Unit 5 - Assignment 1

Assignment Type:

Individual Project

Deliverable Length:

see assignment details

Points Possible:

125

Due Date:

3/11/2012 11:59:59 PM

Artifacts of our own cultures surround us. From art and music to architecture and literature, from philosophy and religion to laws and economics, we live among cultural artifacts that have deep roots.

Select the single cultural artifact that you believe best represents the culture in which you live today. Present a detailed description of the artifact, and analyze in detail how the artifact relates to the values, beliefs of the culture. Investigate and evaluate the deep cultural roots of your artifact. What historical roots allowed your artifact to come into being? Which cultural periods might have influenced its eventual development? How do you anticipate this artifact being passed to future generations? What kinds of evolutions might it undergo as culture changes? Craft an essay of 3-4 pages that addresses these points from the perspective of someone trained in the Humanities.
3/10/2012
BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
I will work on this today. Thanks! BMW
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor

To date, the emphasis in terms of reasons to study has focused on learning from the past, avoiding past mistakes, etc. What of the contemporary and practical reasons to know about cultural differences ? in the work place ? and the professional environment ? let's do explore such spheres of life to better understand the importance of such study beyond academia, per the assignment detail. Prof. Sprankle

Do I need to write a response to this?

YES. THANKS

One more question... was this from your prof for today's response?

No It was a question from my Instructor.THANKS

Professor: Thank you for your thoughtful response for my assignments in the past. Do you have any suggestions for me on how I may focus on amending my work to be more detailed about applications to the present versus the past in my answers? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I understand this is from your teacher, but is specifically about the answer I gave you today or previous ones?

No

I really thought what I sent today was pretty good, and met the questions your teacher was asking; however, I am a bit confused by him/her. That is why I asked her in the response to her comment above to give us pointers on what she/he is looking for. Is that answer to the comment acceptable?

I just went in the DB Question and saw that she put a question out their so I thought

you may respond to it.THANKS

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

I'm sorry again, was this question from your teacher meant for you alone or for everyone in your class?

everyone in the class I guess she what someone to respond to it that is why

she put it out their. That is what she do in the DB question.THANKS

I get it now. Is what I wrote something you can use to respond to her/him?

yes

Thank you!

are you going to respond.THANKS

Register Here

I did above, in the comment that starts, ''professor:...'

k. THANKS

Tiffany Willis

Discussion Board Unit 5

By developing a clear understanding of our collective cultural heritage, we will become more conscious of other cultures and gain a new respect for those individual practices that are different from our own (Helms, 2006).. Gaining a new respect for different cultures will give individuals time and information to embrace such cultures and stop dehumanizing the people who practice them daily. The world will be able to embrace shared humanity across the world. In doing so, this will help us to make better stewards of a global future across the board. When you study other cultures, it can help you to embrace different practices from other cultures into your own (Garzon, 2002).

Studying different cultures has had a permanent effect on language and how it is used, all over the world. Due to the combining of cultures, more and more languages are being introduced. These different integrations are changing the way individuals communicate with each other. This change is greater than before, now the communication has been able to help, in securing a better global future where trade and free interaction is concerned. Better understanding of similarities around the world and differences in our cultures and heritage will be revealed, once the cultures have been studied and mastered (Larson, 1997).

In learning new things, there has been a better understanding of our cultural heritage and it has increased integration between different communities in the world. A person has started to travel all over the world, from one country to another, to see their tangible cultural heritage. They want to learn things, like buildings and monuments, as well as experience the intangible cultural heritage. People have just become more interested than ever, about the way others live within other cultures other than their own. That's why tourism activities have helped improve trade between countries. This gain has helped to reduce the unemployment rate of the developing countries. This action has become more prevalent where there is such cultural attraction. Without better understanding of our collective cultural heritage, such tourist activities would not be (Tausch, 2008).

Reference:

Helms, M. (2006). International cultural differences. Retrieved from

http://www.enotes.com/international-cultural-differences-reference/international-cultural-differences

Larson, G. (1997). Transmitting our cultural legacy. Retrieved from http://www.nea.gov/pub/AmCan/Chapter2.pdf

What is cultural heritage?. (2010). Retrieved from http://anthropology.missouristate.edu/46303.htm

Ms. Willis prepared a comprehensive answer to the question this week. I was quite interested in the comments she made regarding language and how it relates to our cultural heritage. Do you think that language will continue to diverge over time, or will we see a melding of communication in to one 'new' language? I think we may see certain languages die out as technology takes over; however, I think it will be a shame to lose these languages that clearly define different cultures across the world.

It is saying paper is unknown

undetermined problem with paper.what is this talking about.THANKS

I have no idea... where did you see this??

When I summit my homework assignment. UNIT 5 IP

Thanks but I still don't know what this means... We're you able to submit the assignment?

yes. I was just let you know what was going on.

Well, I'm stumped! Maybe a computer glitch??

k.THANKS

Thanks
BMW MD
BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor