Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Hemoglobin Levels During The Teen Years

Customer Question
1. Concerning hemoglobin levels, during...

1. Concerning hemoglobin levels, during the teen years

a. boys need more and girls need less.

b. girls need more and boys need less.

c. both boys and girls need more.

d. both boys and girls need less.

2. Payton is 16 and his brother Eli is 10. When trying to pick the winner of the Super Bowl,

a. Payton will be more analytic and Eli will be likely to use a heuristic.

b. Eli will be more analytic and Payton will be likely to use a heuristic.

c. Payton will be more likely to use postconventional thinking and Eli will be likely to use a universal ethical principle..

d. Eli will be more likely to use postconventional thinking and Payton will be likely to use a universal ethical principle..

3. The typical American teenager tends to

a. underestimate the danger of most risky behaviors and overestimate the likelihood that they will experience these consequences.

b. overestimate the danger of most risky behaviors and underestimate the likelihood that they will experience these consequences.

c. underestimate the danger of most risky behaviors as well as the likelihood that they will experience these consequences.

d. overestimate the danger of most risky behaviors as well as the likelihood that they will experience these consequences.

4. Helen is upset because she thinks that her friend Troy views her other friend Mary as being more responsible than herself. According to Selman, Helen is most likely in the _____ stage of perspective taking.

a. third-person

b. societal

c. undifferentiated

d. self-reflective

5. The statement, “The center of the Earth must be made of pudding because no one has shown that it is not” represents an _____ argument.

a. ad hominem

b. ad ignorantian

c. ad populum

d. postconventional

6. Primary sex characteristic changes are those directly impacting

a. reproduction.

b. height.

c. intelligence.

d. personality.

7. The third phase of ethnic identity achievement involves

a. creating a distinct ethnic self-concept.

b. rejecting one’s heritage.

c. deciding to not explore one’s ethnic roots.

d. wondering about one’s ethnic heritage.

8. How many of the following can contribute to an adolescent’s level of self-esteem: doing well in school, having parents who discipline, being liked by one’s peers?

a. 0

b. 1

c.  2

d. 3

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Homework
3/1/2012
Tutor: Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work replied 6 years ago
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work

Hello, and thanks for the question.

1. c. both boys and girls need more.

2. a. Peyton will be more analytic and Eli will be likely to use a heuristic.

3. c. underestimate the danger of most risky behaviors as well as the likelihood that they will experience these consequences.

4. a. third-person

5. b. ad ignorantian

6. a. reproduction.

7. a. creating a distinct ethnic self-concept.

8. d. 3

Hope this helps!

Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
These are new questions, can you help me?

Which comment would have most likely come from a concrete operational thinker?

a.

“I am not going to die because I sleep under the covers where the Bogeyman can’t get me.”

b.

“Grandpa is dead, but he’ll come to visit us next week.”

c.

“Even though I can’t imagine what death is like, it must be wonderful.”

d.

“When you’re dead, you’re dead.”

2.

2. Hank has just been informed that he is a diabetic. As a knowledgeable physician, he realizes that his risk for developing _____ has also increased.

a.

macular degeneration

b.

cataracts

c.

retinopathy

d.

glaucoma

3.

3. In the country of Felixville, when someone’s spouse dies, it is expected that the living spouse will walk around with a cat on top of their head for a week. In this country, the behavior would be considered

a.

normal grieving.

b.

psychotic.

c.

a mourning ritual.

d.

passive bereavement.

4.

4. According to programmed cell death theory, aging is

a.

exclusively the result of interactions with a toxic environment.

b.

genetically determined.

c.

in an ideal world, men should live longer than women.

d.

only damaged cell are capable of self-destruction.

5.

5. In the year 1900, the population distribution of the United States resembled a(n)

a.

rectangle.

b.

square.

c.

pyramid.

d.

upside down pyramid.

6.

6. Lo is a member of an ethnic minority group in the United States. Given this, how is her longevity most likely to be negatively impacted?

a.

The fact that she is a female is a risk factor for reduced longevity.

b.

She likely has less access to quality medical care.

c.

Her diet will likely lack the amount of lead necessary for proper cell development.

d.

She is significantly more likely to have AIDS.

7.

7. Your text suggests that you should _____ when explaining death to children.

a.

use euphemisms like “Grandma went away”

b.

be honest and supportive

c.

hide the reality of death

d.

be unemotional

8.

8. After learning the E-I-E-I-O framework, Hugh uses rehearsal to recall his new student ID number. This would be an example of an ______ memory aid.

a.

implicit-internal

b.

implicit-external

c.

explicit-internal

d.

explicit-external

9.

9. While at a conference dealing with issues related to aging, Napster is interested in learning about how sleep patterns change in late life. She will be best served by attending a presentation entitled “_____ and the Elderly.”

a.

Circadian Rhythms

b.

Neuritic Plaques

c.

Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors

d.

Selectivity

10.

10. Which best explains the relationship between social supports, kinship, and bereavement?

a.

Social supports help buffer the impact of bereavement, and the type of kin who dies also impacts the bereavement reaction.

b.

Social supports help buffer the impact of bereavement, but the type of kin who dies has little impact on the bereavement reaction.

c.

Social supports cannot buffer the impact of bereavement, and the type of kin who dies also impacts the bereavement reaction.

d.

Social supports cannot buffer the impact of bereavement, and the type of kin who dies has little impact on the bereavement reaction.

11.

11. Dr. Murray believes that depression results from an individual’s conscious focus on maladaptive beliefs about oneself. Given this information, Dr. Murray is most likely a _____ therapist.

a.

behavioral

b.

psychodynamic

c.

cognitive

d.

social learning theory

12.

12. The loss of bladder or bowel control is called

a.

impotence.

b.

immobility.

c.

incontinence.

d.

impertinence.

13.

13. Stacey has been diagnosed with a terminal illness. She is currently going to different doctors to determine whether her diagnosis is correct. Stacey is probably in the _____ stage of dying.

a.

depression

b.

anger

c.

denial

d.

bargaining

14.

14. The general age-related pattern of creativity when defined by the overall number of ideas an individual is

a.

lower in one’s 30s, higher in one’s 40s, peaks thereafter.

b.

high in one’s 30s, higher in one’s 40s, peaks thereafter.

c.

lower in one’s 30s, higher in one’s 40s, declines thereafter.

d.

higher in one’s 30s, lower in one’s 40s, declines thereafter.

15.

15. Elijah asks his doctor how long he can plan to live without any major medical problems or impairments. Elijah is asking about _____ life expectancy.

a.

maximum

b.

useful

c.

average

d.

modal

16.

16. Women who are recently widowed tend to have _____ than recently widowed men.

a.

greater financial loss

b.

less social relationships

c.

more physical/health problems

d.

less loss of social status

17.

17. Because he is a behavioral therapist, Dr. Spence is most likely to suggest that the underlying cause of depression involves

a.

an unconscious battle between the id and superego.

b.

an imbalance of neurotransmitters.

c.

a past life that includes too few rewards.

d.

a thought process that focuses only on negative memories.

18.

18. After a series of strokes, Jerry is unable to recognize family members and has a very difficult time understanding his native language. The most probable diagnosis is

a.

Huntington’s disease.

b.

neuritic plaques.

c.

vascular dementia.

d.

presbycusis.

19.

19. Which statement concerning elderly abuse is true?

a.

the abuser is typically a family member

b.

most victims are under age 80

c.

stress alone appears to the major trigger of abuse

d.

it tends to be a pattern that is transmitted from one generation to the next

20.

20. How many of the following are part of the definition of spiritual support: seeking pastoral care, expressing faith in a God, participating in organized religious activities?

a.

0

b.

1

c.

2

d.

3

21.

21. Which statement concerning sibling relationships is true?

a.

Brothers tend to maintain more frequent contacts, but sisters tend to have the strongest relationships.

b.

Sisters tend to maintain more frequent contacts, but brothers tend to have the strongest relationships.

c.

Brothers tend to maintain more frequent contacts and have the strongest relationships.

d.

Sisters tend to maintain more frequent contacts and have the strongest relationships.

22.

22. After seeing a cat run over by a car, Felix says, “That thing is as dead as a cooked pig.” This provides an example of death as a(n)

a.

boundary.

b.

image.

c.

analogy.

d.

event.

23.

I will attach my questions.

Thanks

Attachment: 2012-04-07_041429_psy_203_chap_5.docx

Hello natalia,

Please click here for the answers to questions 1-25.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.