Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Assignment Detail HUMA215-1201B-14 Topics in Cultural

Assignment Detail HUMA215-1201B-14...
Assignment Detail

HUMA215-1201B-14 Topics in Cultural Studies
Assignment Name: Unit 3 Group Project
Group Mates: Carson, Monica Giles, Sharon Manley, SueAnne Phipps, Serena Willis, Tiffany
Deliverable Length: see assignment details
Details: Compare and contrast the legacies of cultural syncretism in Africa and the Americas with the resistance to cultural change Westerners encountered in China and India. What cultural factors caused the differences in outcomes? What legacies have the differences in types of encounters and degrees of cultural change left today? Had syncretism not occurred in the Americas, how might modern culture be different? If cultural syncretism had taken root during early encounters in China or India, how might they be different today?

Each member of the group will accept a research role and a writing role within the creation of the project. These roles will be posted to the Small Group Discussion Board area. The substantive participation in the research and writing process by each member will be evident in the small group discussion board area. One cohesive, final document, 3-4 pages in length, should be crafted from the work of all participating members and posted by the team leader to the instructor via the Submit Assignments / Drop Box area.
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/26/2012
BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Since this is a group project, how many pages do you need for your part? And do you have a specific role for YOUR part I should work on? Thank you! BMW

3. What legacies have the differences in
types of encounters and degrees of cultural change left today?

It did not say.THANKSSmile

As you begin working on the small group take note of the following:

1. ALL communication is to be copied to this DB (copy all emails, all live chats, and all communication to this DB). Thus, while you are free to communicate using all available

2. Remember that you are required to work as a team--there are no individual assignments in this project--rather, you are to coordinate and work together to complete a continuous paper that addresses all of the required questions in essay format and to work together as a group to do so. Thus, while you are free to divide the tasks up as you see fit as a team, the key is that the final project is ONE final project.

3. ALL group members must make a substantive contribution to the final project

4. When submitted--only ONE paper is to be submitted for the entire group and it should be submitted in the file submission area for the small group (do not submit the paper in your individual submit assignment area)

5. When submitted the paper must be ONE continuous paper that includes all required questions in essay format and must include a cover page, abstract, an introduction, transitions, conclusion, required in text citations, and a list of references.

6. When submitted all sources must meet the requirements for the class in terms of sources and APA Guidelines (3 minimum sources) and all APA formatting requirements.

7. When submitted, submit the paper to the submit file are HERE in your small group area

8. When submitted your paper should read as a continuous paper. It SHOULD NOT read as a series of different papers put together by different people

9. Working as a team is critical--working to meet the requirements of the assignment as a team is critical--DO NOT expect your team members to wait for you to decide to participate--you are responsible to do so

10. NO individual work is accepted for this project-- you MUST work as a team

Here is your answer. Please take note that this needs to be incorporated in to the work provided by your classmates... as your teacher pointed out, you must work as a team. Let me know if you have any questions on how to accomplish this. Thanks!
BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor

Unit 3 Discussion Board Kimberly Heater How are scholars able to find out how early people with no written records lived? Archaeologist study the way people lived in the early days by examining material remains from the previous human societies. These things are fossils of humans, food remains, the ruins of buildings, tools that have been found, pottery, and the jewelry the people wore. With these items the archaeologist attempt to reconstruct the way people lived their lives in the past. Archaeologist study an extremely long span of time and subject. They have found early subject to study that are from different origins of humanity. The things found are mainly fossils of humans ancestors that are believed to be 3.5 to 4.5 million years old. What was prehistoric society like around the Amazon? Prehistoric Amazonian cultures were very difficult, and different to what was once assumed by historians. European conquerors did not acknowledge the prosperity of these cultures since they did not match up to their own. Before the Europeans arrived, archeologist believe that they uncovered towns and small villages, connected by complex road networks and arranged around large plazas where public rituals would have taken place. Some believe they were urban societies that centered around agriculture, forest management, and fish farming. What ensured European domination in the New World? European Domination of the New World was based on three things: 1. the foreign diseases that the natives had no immunity to and were particularly susceptible to, such as smallpox. 2. the guns and artillery that Europeans had to attack the native, compared to the bow an arrows, spears, and knives the natives had to protect themselves with. 3. the Europeans had steel available to them for armor and weaponry, to where the natives had thick leather. Europeans took this is a sign of there cultural superiority, along with their God given right to eradicate the native population and make it Europeanization. How do you think an entire prehistoric group of people could simply disappear, such as the people around the Marajo of the Amazon? An entire native culture can disappear by suffering raids, famine, war, and diseases. Some of the diseases were smallpox or the black plague, All of this things can act in tandem and eradicate the entire culture. They could have perished due to the bacteria and toxins in their water supply and food sources. Their could also be shortages of food supplies, leading to death or joining of another cultural group in order to survive leading to the dimis of your old cultures. Reference http://wps.ablongman.com/long_kishlansky_cw_6/35/9182/2350789.cw/index.html Retrieved on February 20, 2012 http://www.frontiersinecology.org/paleoeology/bush.pdf Retrieved on February 20, 2012 http://history-world.org/archeology.htm Retrieved on February 20,2012 http://news.mongabay.com/2008/0828-heckenberger.html Retrieved on February 20, 2012 http://worldhistoryforusall.sdsu.edu/era/era8.php Retrieved on February 20, 2012

Is there something I can help with here? I'm not sure what you need...

This is to respond to my peers I had fogot about this.THANKS

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

HUMA215-1201B-14 Unit 3 DB AIU Online/February 2012 Lucretia Randle In order to study early civilizations when no written records the scholar must depend on the science of archeology. Archeology is the study of past human culture by way of material remains such as human fossils, ruins, tools, pottery and even jewelry (n.a., 2003). Archeology seems irrelevant to modern society but any scholar knows we need to study where we came from in order to determine where we are going. In an article by Michael Heckenberger et al (2008) a theory that early Amazonian civilization contained urban centers as early as the mid 13th century. These urban centers were self sustaining and agricultural in nature. One technology used by the Amazonian's is being considered today for the fight against global warming and that is the use of charcoal based soil called terra preta (n.a., 2007). The domination of Europe over the new world was sustained by the countries that controlled the worlds finance, commerce, military and intellect (n.a., n.d.). They could afford to send their peoples, military and supplies to these new worlds in order to populate and conquer them. This is found in the written and archeological finds of these first civilizations. The phenomenon of disappearing cultures is one that is debated often, from the Mayans to the Marajo. I surmise these cultures and civilizations were wiped out by natural events like famine, plague and other natural disasters and in some cases by the total conquest by another culture. Intercontinental travel brought new diseases to once pristine lands and over took many small civilizations. References: Archeology. (n.d.). World History International: World History Essays From Prehistory To The Present. Retrieved February 22, 2012, from http://history-world.org/archeology.htm

EBSCOhost Discovery Service: Result List: archeology AND early civilization. (n.d.). EBSCO Publishing Service Selection Page. Retrieved February 22, 2012, from http://ehis.ebscohost.com.proxy.cecybrary.com/eds/results?sid=41b0c706-c313-4d4a-99aa-e707358b78a6%40sessionmgr12&vid=3&hid=109&bquery=(archeology)+AND+(early+civilization)&bdata=JnR5cGU9MSZzaXRlPWVkcy1saXZlJnNjb3BlPXNpdGU%3d

Heckenberger, M. (2008, August 28). Pre-Colombian Amazonians lived in sustainable 'urban' society. Conservation and environmental science news. Retrieved February 22, 2012, from http://news.mongabay.com/2008/0828-heckenberger.html

The Foundations Of European Global Dominance. (n.d.). World History International: World History Essays From Prehistory To The Present. Retrieved February 22, 2012, from http://history-world.org/europe,%20scientific%20superiority.htm

Can I have this to you tomorrow morning?

k

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
BMW MD
BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor