Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Lani / High Priority / Due 2-22-2012 / Week 5 DQ: Each

Lani / High Priority /...
Lani / High Priority / Due 2-22-2012 / Week 5 DQ:

Each DQ and Kickoff questions at least 100 words count, and you must provide an example for each DQ and Kickoff questions.

Also include a citation and a reference.

Must avoid plagiarism and write with your own words.

DQ 1 - It is common for individuals in stressful careers to burnout. What are some occupations that typically fall into this category? What are some stress management strategies that can help reduce the prevalence of burnout among employees in those careers?

DQ 2 - How do you see individual identity developing in your self or in others that you know? How do you respond to (reflect upon) your identity? Can Identity simply be a form of recognition of the traits we have or is identity something else?

Week 5 Kickoff Question 1:
How are conformity and obedience similar? How are they different? Do you think conformity is always beneficial or always detrimental? Why?

Week 5 Kickoff Question 2:
In what ways do you find Erikson’s Psychosocial theory of personality development similar to Freud’s theory of personality? Which theory do you find more agreeable with your own views of personality development? Is there some other perspective that you agree with more than either of these? If so, which is it and why do you favor it more?

Week 5 Kickoff Question 3:
Now that the course is coming to a close, what is a specific question about psychology that you would like to know more about?
2/21/2012
Lani S.
Lani S., Tutor
Thanks for the request. I will start on this.

Here you go, please download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ali52s196i60fia

Thanks and good luck!

Lani S.
Lani S., Tutor

Thank you Lani.

This week I will have some of the follow up questions and I will post them under this thread. I hope you don't mind?

Kind regard,

Customer

Here is the follow up question for this week:

Follow Up Week 5 LT DQ:

From Chapter 14, go to the CyberPsych link Animation: Cognitive Behavior Therapy. Watch the Animated presentation on the three broad forms of therapy.

This is from the animated presentation, since I don't know how to send the whole video clips.

Three Approaches to Therapy:

Insight

Behavior

Biomedical

Cognitive behavior therapy:

1. Selective perception

2. Overgeneralization

3. Magnification

4. All-or-nothing thinking

My team's DQ is:

• What are the three broad forms of therapy? Briefly describe each of the three broad forms. Each of the broad forms includes a number of special sub types, provide two of the special sub types for each broad form of therapy. Characterize each of the two subtypes for each broad form using a single sentence. Citations and references are expected for each broad and each special subtype

• Pick one of the Insight Therapy special sub types and describe it some detail. Be sure to include citations and references.

• As a team develop an example for the use of one Insight Therapy subtype and an example for the Use of one Behavior Therapy subtype. You can use your team's everyday experiences here but I am looking for documentation of each member's contribution to the examples and more specifically why each thinks the example is a good one (or a not so good one or perhaps there might be a stronger example whether used or not). Please copy and paste your team's discussion posts to this report.

It seems like that is that is another discussion and not a follow up for the previous DQ questions. Would that be considered another set of assignment? If you don't mind, can you post that in another thread and specify the date when you will need that?

Also noted that it seems like you forgot to click the accept button on the answer provided in this thread. Thanks.

Hello Lani,

Don't worries, I will accept your answer. As you wish I will post this question in another thread and indicate the due date for you. Also, I will put your name right in front of the subject line.

Truly yours,

Customer

I have accepted your answer.

Customer

I know you will accept but just wants to stick with the site rules to post new questions in another thread.

Thanks.

Thanks for your information.

Ok.
Ok.

Hello Lani,

I have one follow up question for you. Please provide the answer ASAP.

Follow Up Question: One point you raised is most important ".........There are so many posited theories that become the basis of further research ............." One problem in psychology and in the social sciences in general is that these theories get reified to reality before sufficient testing is done to see if they are at all worth the effort. My view is that there is too much theorizing and too little research to substantiate the theories, yet we believe them as if they were gospel truth. Thoughts?

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Thank you Lani.

You have a great weekend.

You too.

I will be posting answer to the other assignment. Hold on for few minutes. Thanks.

Thanks for your feed back on the other question.

Ok, follow up there. Thanks.

Thanks for your follow up information Lani.

Thanks.

Lani S.
Lani S.
Lani S., Tutor