Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

I need the correct answers for the following finance questions

Customer Question
ASAP!!! Agilent Technology began 2006 with...
I need the correct answers for the following finance questions ASAP!!!

Agilent Technology began 2006 with a retained earnings of $700,000. At year-end of 2006, the firm’s retained earnings totaled $900,000. The company paid common dividends of $50,000 in 2006. How much did Agilent Technology earn during 2006, and what would earnings per share be if 40,000 shares of common stock were outstanding?

Dr. Howard He is planning for her golden years. He will retire in 20 years, at which time he plans to begin withdrawing $4000 every month to pay for his living expenses during retirement. He is expected to live for 30 years following her retirement. His financial advisor thinks he can earn 8% annually before his retirement and 12% after his retirement. How much does he need to invest at the end of each month to prepare for his financial needs after his retirement?

Your firm needs to invest in a new delivery truck. The life expectancy of the delivery truck is five years. You can purchase a new delivery truck for an upfront cost of $180,000, or you can lease a truck from the manufacturer for five years for a monthly lease payment of $4800 (paid at the end of each month). Your firm can borrow at 6.25% APR with quarterly compounding. Should you purchase the truck outright or pay $4800 per month?

A&B Enterprises is trying to select the best investment from among three alternatives. Each alternative involves an initial investment of $100,000. Their cash flows follow: Year A B C 1 $10,000 $50,000 $25,000 2 20,000 40,000 25,000 3 30,000 30,000 25,000 4 40,000 0 25,000 5 50,000 0 25,000

(a).Which investment will you select using the payback method? Why?
(b).Which investment will you select using the net present value method? (Using a
10% discount rate; Be sure to compute NPV for all three projects
(c).Which investment will you select using the internal rate of return method? Please
compute IRR for the above three projects.

The Sisyphean Company has a bond outstanding with a face value of $1000 that reaches maturity in 20 years. The bond certificate indicates that the stated coupon rate for this bond is 9% and that the coupon payments are to be made semi-annually.
(A). Assuming the appropriate YTM on the Sisyphean bond is 6%, what is the price of the bond?
(B). Assuming that this bond trades for $1,400, what is the YTM for this bond? (Hint: Compute IRR)
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/13/2012
Tutor: Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor replied 5 years ago
Manal Elkhoshkhany

Hello

Please advise your deadline as well as the name of the book you are using: Title, author's name, and edition

Thank you

The deadline is tonight at 11:59 PM Hawaii Time, the name of the book is
Corporate Finance
Author Jonathan Berk; Peter DeMarzo
ISBN 978-0-13-215368-3
Publisher Prentice Hall PTR
Corporate Finance
Author Jonathan Berk; Peter DeMarzo
ISBN 978-0-13-215368-3
Publisher Prentice Hall PTR

Thank you

Working on the questions

Thanks a lot.
:)

You are welcome :)

Hello again :)

Please click on the following link for the solution:

http://www.box.com/s/vtnhd68vm0zuh805k3zq

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

Manal Elkhoshkhany
Thanks a lot!!! I really appreciate it, and If I need any more help I will certaintly contact u!!!

Sure :) Anytime Fabius :)

All the best

can you help me with one more question? Iʻll pay you extra for that.

@font-face { font-family: "Calibri"; }@font-face { font-family: "Palatino Linotype"; }@font-face { font-family: "SimSun"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 10pt; line-height: 115%; font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p.NormalText, li.NormalText, div.NormalText { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Palatino Linotype"; color: black; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

The Sisyphean Corporation is considering investing in a new cane manufacturing machine that has an estimated life of three years. The cost of the machine is $30,000 and the machine will be depreciated straight line over its three-year life to a residual value of $0.

The cane manufacturing machine will result in sales of 2,000 canes in year 1. Sales are estimated to grow by 10% per year each year through year three. The price per cane that Sisyphean will charge its customers is $18 each and is to remain constant. The canes have a cost per unit to manufacture of $9 each.

Installation of the machine and the resulting increase in manufacturing capacity will require an increase in various net working capital accounts. It is estimated that the Sisyphean Corporation needs to hold 2% of its annual sales in cash, 4% of its annual sales in accounts receivable, 9% of its annual sales in inventory, and 6% of its annual sales in accounts payable. The firm is in the 35% tax bracket, and has a cost of capital of 13%.

What is the NPV for this project?

What is the IRR for this project?

Thanks a lot!!

Hi

I can help yes, but I need to go now, when is the deadline for this one?

same deadline...it actually has more questions, but the other ones I could solve, just canʻt get the correct answers for these last two...

I tried to answer it now, but I am not concentrating.

Will post the solution when I am back :)

Ok, u donʻt need to give me the details of the solution, can give me just the answer, but then it needs to be correct.
Thanks a lot.

It needs long calculations :) I hope we still have time

Please advise

Yes we do!!!!
Can you still work on that for me???

yes I can:)

working on it now

Thatʻs great!! Iʻll be waiting...thanks a lot!!

You are welcome :), but Fabius, please do not respond to this message as this would lock me out of replying to other posts and cause a delay in getting back to you

Thank you for understanding :)

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Thanks a lot!!! When I click accept it is asking me to pay an additional of $40, for this one extra answer... even though I have already paid $40 for the other questions,is that the amount you are charging me extra?
Please advise

No :) That is because it is posted on the original post. You can simply add the amount you want to pay as a bonus to the old accept

For future posts, always make a new post for new assignments and please note the following:

If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

Ohh ok, but how can I add a bonus??
Thanks!!

I am not sure as I was never on the student's side before, but on top where you clicked accept to the first set of solutions, does it say anything like "Add Bonus"?

P.S. Have you downloaded the file so that I can remove it?

Regards,

Yes I have, u can remove it!!
Let me see if I can find the add bonus thing...

Ok, if it is too much trouble, you can forget about it & just add a bonus next time you ask a question :)

Ok. Iʻll make sure I request your services soon, so I can pay you back!!! Thanks one more time..I really appreciate it.
Talk soon,
Carol.

Anytime Carol :)

Manal

Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor