Susan Athena
Susan Athena, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  10+ yrs teaching & tutoring. AP essay grader. 2 masters degrees. English, IT, business.
12809769

Considering the fallacies discussed in Chapter Four of An Introduction

Considering the fallacies discussed in Chapter Four of An Introduction to Logic, construct three different arguments that display distinct fallacies. Give an explanation of why each makes a mistake in drawing the conclusion it does. Review your classmates’ examples and see if they, in fact, commit the fallacy identified.
Hi. Welcome to JA and thanks for your question.

Can you list out about 5 or 6 of the fallacies mentioned in that chapter? I just need the names, not the descriptions.

Kind regards,
Susan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ad Hominen fallacy, Hasty Generalization, Argument from False Authority, Appeals to Pity and Popularity, and the Loaded Question. Thanks! :)
Thanks for that!

Three statements demonstrating these fallacies are below.

Kind regards,
Susan

Hasty generalization:
I'm not moving to Texas! There's nothing down there but rednecks and hillbillies!

Loaded question:
Don't you think those unborn babies are entitled to a chance to life, too?

Ad hominem fallacy:
I don't support libertarian politics, because everyone knows that Ron Paul is a nutcase.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
These are great! Thanks but there is another part to this question....We also have to give an explanation of why each makes a mistake in drawing the conclusion it does. I have another assignemt that I will request for you to answer after we are finished with thisw one if you would like! Thanks!
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.