Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Please help me solve these problems Determine whether the

Customer Question
Please help me solve these...
Please help me solve these problems

Determine whether the equations are parallel,perpendicular or neither

1) 9x+3y=12
7y-31=21x

2) y=4x-3
12x+3y=7

AND

Graph this linear inequality
2x+y<_ 2
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Homework
2/7/2012
Tutor: Sandhya, Tutor replied 5 years ago
Sandhya
Sandhya, Tutor

1)

9x+3y=12
7y-31=21x

Slope of line 9x + 3y = 12 is -3.
Slope of line 7y-31=21x is 3.

The slopes of lines are not equal and product of slopes is not -1 so lines are neither parallel nor perpendicular.

Answer: Neither

2)

y=4x-3
12x+3y=7

Slope of line y=4x-3 is 4.
Slope of line 12x+3y=7 is -4.

Answer: Neither

Graph this linear inequality
2x+y <= 2

graphic

Please don't forget to click ACCEPT. BONUS is always appreciated.

Graph this linear equality should read less than or equal to not equal to. My error.

Also,can you help me with these problems:

Choose the ordered pair which is a solution of the inequality

1)2x+3y less than or equal to 0

2) 2x-4y less than or equal to 6

Hi

I have graphed the inequality 2x+y ≤ 2.

Do you have any options for next two questions?

Let me know.

Thanks

For 1) I have (-1,1)

For 2) I have (3,-1)

Are these answers correct? These are the 2 last questions I asked for help with.

1)2x+3y less than or equal to 0

(-1,1)

2*(-1) + 3*1 = 1 which not less than 0

Answer: NO

2) 2x-4y less than or equal to 6

(3,-1)

2*3 -4(-1) = 10 which not less than 6

Answer: NO
OK, SO WHAT IS THE CORRECT ANSWERS?

Can you please send screenshot of the question?

You have given only one option for each inequality and these not solution.

Thanks

1) Choose the ordered pair which is a solution of the inequality

2x+3y less than or equal to 0

(1,-1),(1,1),(-1,1)[1/2,1/3]

2) Choose the ordered pair which is a solution of the inequality

2x-4y less than or equal to 6

(3,1),(1,-1),(0,-2),(2,-2)

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Sandhya
Sandhya, Tutor
Sandhya
Sandhya
Sandhya, Tutor