Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Theories people hold about specific systems in the world and

Customer Question
their expected behavior are called...
Theories people hold about specific systems in the world and their expected behavior are called: (Points: 5)
the Pike Syndrome.
mental models.
the “whole brain” concept.
mindfulness.

2. Some researchers suggest that ___________, more than cognitive ability, drives our thinking and decision making as well as our interpersonal relationships. (Points: 5)
vision
neutralizers
education
emotion

3. The leader's mind can be developed beyond the nonleader's in the critical areas of: (Points: 5)
open mindedness and systems thinking.
independent thinking and personal mastery.
Both A and B
competency in skills.

4. Independent thinking means: (Points: 5)
seeing patterns in the organizational whole instead of just the parts.
having deep-seated assumptions, beliefs, blind spots, biases, and prejudices.
having a personal vision.
questioning assumptions and interpreting data according to one's own beliefs.

5. Capacity is: (Points: 5)
attending to production schedules.
keeping morale high.
the potential each of us has to do more and be more.
a set of skills.

6. An important element of systems thinking is to discern circles of causality because: (Points: 5)
managers can guide the system when they understand it conceptually.
problems are solved by breaking down into discrete pieces.
each piece adds to the success of the whole.
relationships between the parts of the system are unimportant.

7. Personal vision, facing reality, and holding creative tension are the components of: (Points: 5)
perceptual distortion.
stereotyping.
emotional intelligence.
personal mastery.

8. The eight families of emotion refer to: (Points: 5)
the fears that individuals experience.
categories recognized worldwide based on photos of facial expressions.
the joys that individuals experience.
cultural intelligence.

9. Self-awareness refers to: (Points: 5)
the ability to connect to others.
the ability to put oneself in some else's shoes.
being conscious of your own emotions.
the ability to be hopeful and optimistic.

10. Fear in the workplace results in all EXCEPT: (Points: 5)
employees feeling valued.
employees not doing their best.
employees not taking risks or changing the status quo.
employees not speaking up.

11. The ethical pressures that challenge leaders include: (Points: 5)
doing the right thing despite pressure to increase profits.
finding new products and services to remain competitive.
carrying out the leadership vision.
selecting employees with the right technical skills.

12. The actions that make leaders go wrong include all EXCEPT: (Points: 5)
breaching agreements.
neglecting follower development.
excessively promoting self-interest.
taking responsibility.

13. Raoul Wallenberg is an example of the principled level of moral development because: (Points: 5)
he was guided by an internalized set of principles recognized as right or wrong.
he lived up to the expectations of others.
he followed the rules to avoid punishment.
he acted in his own interest.

14. The conventional level of personal moral development is characterized by: (Points: 5)
following rules.
following internalized principles of justice.
following authority with blind obedience.
fulfilling duties and obligations of the social system.

15. The Continuum of Leadership-Follower Relationships includes all EXCEPT: (Points: 5)
authoritarian management.
servant leadership.
stewardship-empowering leadership.
charismatic leadership.

16. Servant leadership can best be described as the belief that: (Points: 5)
leaders are deeply accountable to others.
employee participation should be increased through teams.
self-interest should be replaced by serving the needs of others.
power, purpose, and privilege reside with those at the top of the organization.

17. Most adults operate at _________ of moral development. (Points: 5)
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3
Level 4

18. Pushing beyond the comfort zone is an act of: (Points: 5)
courage.
vision.
goal setting.
ethics.

19. Aspects of courage include all EXCEPT: (Points: 5)
fighting for what you believe.
asking for what you want and saying what you think.
nonconformity.
being fearless.

20. Colleen Rowley, an FBI staff member called attention to agency shortcomings that may have contributed to the September 11, 2001 tragedy. This behavior is best described as: (Points: 5)
ethical behavior.
courage.
stewardship.
whistle-blowing.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Homework
1/29/2012
Tutor: Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work replied 5 years ago
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work