Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

I need help with this assignment, it is 60 multiple choice

Customer Question
questions from the book "the...
I need help with this assignment, it is 60 multiple choice questions from the book "the developing person through the life span 8th edition"
I have done a few but need these done asap

http://www.mediafire.com/?9b6j6r5ns7v6o89

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ASAP WITH THIS???
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Homework
1/19/2012
Tutor: Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work replied 5 years ago
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work

Hello, and thanks for the question.

1. D. cohort.

2. B. race

3. C. Both a and b are true statements.

4. D. school grades

5. E. none of the above

6. A. viewing of the violent film.

7. D. mesosystem

8. A. It is a good starting point for researchers developing hypotheses.

9. D. biological circumstances

10. D. all of the above

11. D. generalizable.

12. A. American adolescents who slept in a family bed when they were children

13. D. all of the above

14. A. the study of individuals behaving as they normally do.

15. B. a survey.

16. A. playing a slot machine

17. A. actions

18. C. accommodating

19. D. modeling

20. C. hold the child back until he or she can perform the skills independently

21. C. formal operational

22. B. Only individuals with a gene for schizophrenia and a traumatic early life event are likely to develop schizophrenia.

23. C. our unconscious motives and drives.

24. C. oral, anal, phallic.

25. A. guided participation.

26. B. sociocultural

27. B. behaviorism

28. C. learning theory.

29. B. eclectic, because each theory of human development has its limitations

30. D. a particular behavior usually produces a particular consequence

31. D. mother's age.

32. C. 8 million

33. C. nature always interacts with nurture and nurture always interacts with nature

34. A. zygotic cells specialize depending on where they are located.

35. monozygotic twins

36. A. a normal variation of a particular gene.

37. C. males will have this disability only if they inherit the gene from both parents.

38. B. do not develop normally once they hit puberty.

39. D. more frequently in males than in females

40. C. one-half.

41. B. always expressed.

42. B. Down syndrome.

43. D. difficult to predict

44. B. additive genes

45. A. the couple

46. C. 3 pounds, 5 ounces.

47. B. several dozen, including smoking, drinking, illegal drugs, and some prescription drugs.

48. A. the effects of teratogens vary greatly.

49. B. different effects of the teratogens.

50. A. rubella.

51. C. implant in the uterus.

52. D. determine whether the newborn needs immediate medical care

53. C. Cereals and breads in the United States and Canada are now fortified with folic acid.

54. C. cerebral palsy.

55. C. behavioral

56. A. in the first trimester.

57. D. Vitamin A

58. D. insurance, because it deals with risk analysis.

59. A. marriage.

60. A. 2.5 kilograms or 5 1/2 pounds.

Hope this helps!

# XXXXX is not right (I put this answer got it wrong)
# XXXXX (not sure)

HelloCustomer

Then #10 must be 'C' and #11 could be 'B'. The answer for #46 is correct. How are you doing otherwise?

sorry got this done got 49/60 and we can take it again, so i looked them all up got into the quiz and TA DA the questions are all different, so can you help me with these

CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THESE ASAP AND THEN I'LL PAY YA, PLEASE
1) according to the view of development as a result of dynamic systems, which of hte following could influence a child's physical development?
age
historical context
individual likes or dislikes
all of the above

2) which of the following is not an example of a cultural phenomenon
children in the us begin formal school at age 5
most television viewing doen by american adults occurs in teh evening
american women tend to be shorter than american men
in american families, babies usually sleep in a crib in a room separate form their parents

3)which of the following is an example of something that remains continuous or stable across the lifespan
physical size
gender
language skills
all of the above

4) Vgotsky was particularly interested in the development of
cognitive competencies
family relationships
genetic adaptations
self-efficacy

5)With which of the following statements woudl a sociocultural theorist NOT agree
It is important for the mentor to ensure that the novice is neither bored nor overwhelvmed
the teaching process must be under continuous modification
leearning must be active
the same manner of teaching can work for any individual

6) a reinforcer is
always pleasant, such as a smile or a piece of candy
the same thing as punishment
something that increases the likelihood that a behavior will be repeated
all of the above

7)Identify the accurate statement
there are four types of proteins symbolized as A, T, C, and G
a gene is a section of DNA that contains instructions for a particular protein
every cell contains 46 chromosomes
each triplet is the genetic code ofr a human being

8) Identify the accurate statement regarding prenatal development and birth
the development of the central nervous system is completed during hte period of hte embryo
in the last months of prenatal life the lungs begin to expand and contract and the valves of the heart undergo final maturation
a baby can'tbe both preterm and small for date
the cry of the newborn can ear a 3, the highest score for respiratory effort on the apgar scale

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work