Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Chris12/Writer2012/Due 1-11-2012/Need ASAP/High

Customer Question
Priority/Week 1 DQ: Each DQ warrants...
Chris12/Writer2012/Due 1-11-2012/Need ASAP/High Priority/Week 1 DQ:
Each DQ warrants at least 500 words count, and you must provide TWO EXAMPLES for each DQ question.
Must avoid plagiarism and write with your own words.
Need 2 references.
DQ 1 - Describe the differences between traditional cognitive intelligence and emotional intelligence. Be sure to support your discussion with your readings.
DQ 2 - Discuss the use of emotional intelligence concepts in work life, home life, and personal life. Be sure to support your discussion with your readings.
Read Chapters 1-5 and Appendices A and B in the text. Emotional Intelligence.
Goleman, D. (2005). Emotional intelligence. New York: Bantam Books. (Note newer additions are available and acceptable for the course).
Read this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
There are 4 parts to read and I will send you those attachments.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Homework
1/11/2012
Tutor: Chris12, Teacher replied 6 years ago
Chris12
Chris12, Teacher
Chris12 :

What is the latest time today that you can take these questions?

Customer :

Before 10 pm Pacific Time Zone.

Customer :

Here is the attachment for the Electronic Reserve Reading: http://www.box.com/s/k7v8v5bh58lsgc6a9agn

Customer :

Electronic Reserve Reading: http://www.box.com/s/s0vmoejlsuk78p3pl3mh

Customer :

Electronic Reserve Reading: http://www.box.com/s/x4kld58cs7tybd4mk874

Customer :

Electronic Reserve Reading: http://www.box.com/s/t7kttyyomvd33ryf886v

Chris12 :

Okay, thanks.

Chris12 :

Customer:

Chris12/Writer2012/Due 1-11-2012/Need ASAP/High Priority/Week 1 DQ: Each DQ warrants at least 500 words count, and you must provide TWO EXAMPLES for each DQ question. Must avoid plagiarism and write with your own words. Need 2 references. DQ 1 - Describe the differences between traditional cognitive intelligence and emotional intelligence. Be sure to support your discussion with your readings.

Intelligence is the measure of a person’s accumulated knowledge over the course of a lifetime, including the knowledge from academics and personal learning capacity. The intelligence of a person is much more than smarts, it’s the ability to problem solve and make connections by discovering patterns. The intelligence level of an individual has been honored in society with the best opportunities. Those who are born with lower levels of intelligence will receive few accolades and opportunities in life. These are the individuals that are expected to take on menial jobs such as housekeeping and sanitary workers. The positions of high power and high pay like executives, technology and international corporate affairs are attributed to those with high intelligence levels. It is clear to see that society has segregated itself when it comes to intelligence among other things (Shazwellyn).

Cognitive intelligence and emotional intelligence are among the classifications that distinguish people. The word cognitive has always been associated with things of the mind, while emotional is connected to a strong force that is hard to gauge and intangible. Cognitive intelligence is associated with performance tasks linked with the mind. The main aspect that researchers look at is the problem solving ability. Tests such as vocabulary and mathematics are easily measured (Brody). The level of vocabulary skill is directly linked with the individual’s knowledge, comprehension and application of the words. The last two elements are extremely important. It is pointless to know 3000 sophisticated or elegant words but you don't know the proper usage of the words. Worse yet you don't really understand what the words mean. It's like being an educated idiot which in itself would be considered an oxymoron. The term implies that the individual is so smart that he or she is devoid of knowledge at the same time. In certain instances this is true.

The other example involves solving math equations. The score obtained by the student or the result from the researcher proves his or her cognitive ability to perform this task. Emotional intelligence is linked specified to the identification of emotions, knowing that they exist but not how to use them to solve tasks. Tests such as the Mayer–Salovey–Caruso

Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT) is used to determine how an individual is able to manage his or her emotions (Brody). Since every individual is different it's hard to say with certainty what the appropriate measure is for everyone. Another way to determine emotional maintenance is through a stress test. This is not referring to what doctors do when checking the hearts of their patients. The stress test is a paper and pencil test with a series of questions about situations that would or have caused stress. The individual taking the test will rank his or her emotions at that time. The underlying results determine if stress is a serious factor or not. Again the measures are not truly conclusive because of the differences in people. Type A personalities thrive on pressure and stress so their tolerance would higher than any of the other personality types.

It is important to remember that an individual is greater than the sum total of his parts. Therefore, we should not leave those who are considered less intelligent out in the cold. Everyone has the potential to excel when given the proper motivation.

Brody, N. What Cognitive Intelligence Is and What Emotional Intelligence Is Not. Retrieved from http://www.psychometriclab.com/brody.pdf

Shazwellyn. Psychology 101 - What Is Intelligence? Retrieved from http://shazwellyn.hubpages.com/hub/Psychology-101-What-Is-Intelligence

Chris12 :

DQ 2 - Discuss the use of emotional intelligence concepts in work life, home life, and personal life. Be sure to support your discussion with your readings. Read Chapters 1-5 and Appendices A and B in the text. Emotional Intelligence. Goleman, D. (2005). Emotional intelligence. New York: Bantam Books. (Note newer additions are available and acceptable for the course). Read this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. There are 4 parts to read and I will send you those attachments.

Emotional intelligence is the innate potential to feel, use, communicate, recognize, remember, describe, identify, learn from, manage, understand and explain emotions. Intelligence cannot be addressed without looking at the mind (Eqi.org, 2005). For many years mankind has been fascinated concerning the inner workings of the mind. Of particular fascination is the difference between the functionality of the female brain and the functionality of the male brain. The prevailing consensus has been that women are emotional creatures with great difficulty in making the hard decisions. Men on the other hand have been considered extremely logical and able to make the hard decisions easily. The concept of emotional intelligence would fit perfectly with this concept of women. It is used to identify emotions, know they exist but not necessarily to solve a task.

One of the most affirming tests in the realm of emotional intelligence is the Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT). It specifically details how individuals are able to manage their emotions (Brody). Every individual is unique therefore a baseline would be difficult to set describing how everyone should handle their emotions. Stress tests are also good determiners of an individual’s emotion stability. Stress is the pressure that an individual encounters either inside or outside. The pressure is positive as long as it enables the individual to perform a difficult task or conqueror a challenge. The situation turns bad when the elements that caused the stress continue without stopping. The red alert switch has not been turned off therefore the person’s mind and body would begin to wear down. Stress, pressure and conflict are all elements that an individual would face on a daily basis. As a matter of fact work life, home life and personal life are all affected.

Work life is defined by the routines, the coworkers, the environment and other elements associated with earning a living. Stress manifests itself in workload, work environment status and coworker cohesiveness. Trying to do too much work can make you physically and mentally fatigued. Dealing with a hostile work environment and unruly coworkers can cause the desire for isolation and manifest moodiness. Home life is defined by the activities performed by the family to increase bonding, protect/teach the next generation and ensure marital stability. Husbands, wives, moms and dads have it rough. Getting children to school, discussing budgeting and making it to work on time can cause stress. The more it builds the biggest the problems the family will face. Heart problems and memory loss are among the symptoms.

Once the individual has reached the end of the day, there is only self-left. Stress can arise from internal conflicts the person is experiencing otherwise known as man v self. In this situation the individual beats himself or herself up over mistakes made, wasted time and concerning office perception. These thoughts can spin round and round in the individual’s mind caused “mind storms” about negative events. This situation is one of the worst because the individual cannot escape from himself.

Emotional intelligence can be used to pinpoint the exact causes of the stressors and conflicts. It will also provide the means to determine who well or how poorly the individual is handling the stressful situations. Flaring tempers and emotional breakdowns mean that external help is required like anger management and counseling.

Eqi.org. (2005 June). Definition of Emotional Intelligence. Retrieved from http://eqi.org/eidefs.htm

Customer :

Thanks Chris

Customer :

Re-activate the question.

Chris12 :

ok

Customer :

Re-activated again.

Chris12 :

...

Customer :

Re-activated

Customer :

I have accepted your answer.

Chris12
Chris12, Teacher

Chris12,

I did not expect something like this, especially someone that I trusted with the responsibilities. You did not return my messages and ignore my Emotional Intelligence paper. It is due today before 10 pm Pacific Time Zone, it seem like my paper will be LATE.

Customer

My apologies. First, I didn't betray your trust my secondary computer has a virus and completely locked me out of the system. I have to put both in the shop this week. Second, the only computer access I currently have is from school and that is limited. I don't know when I'll be able to get back online as normal, maybe in a week's time. Until another expert will need to assist you. Again, my apologies circumstances beyong my control.

Can you send me the emotional intelligence paper by using another computer or another system so that you are able to lock in?
I still need the paper to be submitted.

Hi Chris,

I just posted 7 new questions, please take a look.

Customer

I'll take a look at them and finish them as soon as possible, please remember I'm working from the school's computers which I have limited access to at this time.

Chris,

This is my suggestion, you should COPY all 7 questions and save it to the USB and then work on the one that most urgent need and late (Emotional Intelligence). After that you can post the answer for me.

I really sorry for the mis-understanding and please try to finish all of them for me. Since these questions are my final test for the Communication class and Psychology class.

I am looking forward to your answer and please review all 7 questions by THEIR DUE DATE.

I am glad that you could response back.

Thank you Chris.

Hi Chris,
Did you finish any of my assignment yet ????
I was hoping you could send me two of those DQ assignments.
It is DUE today before 11 pm pacific time zone.
Regard,
Customer

Did you got my messages Chris ???

Hi Chris,

Can you get this question answer for me within today?

Here is the question:

$$ Bonus $$ / I Need An Experts Fast / Due 1-19-2012 /

$$ Bonus $$/Writer2012/Tutors and Teachers/Due 1-18-2012/High Priority/Week 5 DQ:

Here is the other two questions that I desperately need the answer by SATURDAY.

$$ Bonus / Due 1-20-2012 / I Need An Experts Fast / Urgent

$$ Bonus $$ / Due 1-20-2012 / Priority /Final Learning Team Paper and Presentation The Final Learning Team Paper will detail the salient issues important to the understanding of team dynamics and the team process in general.

$$ Bonus $$ / Writer2012 / Due 1-19-2012 / High Priority / University Faculty Material Small Groups and Team Communication Quiz

Please provide me your status or your current situation?

Thank you.

Hello Chris,

I just posted a brand new question, please take over immediately. I need this question to be answer by Wednesday (1-25-2012).

This is High Priority and Urgent.

Sincerely yours,

Customer

Chris12,

Did you received my urgent messages? Please send me your feed back status.

Thanks

Dear *****12,

I just wanted to ask you, are you MAD or ANGRY at me?

If you do, please accepted my apology. Since we have been working together for a long time and I love the way you provided the information and answer. Please forgive what I did or said before and could you reply back to my urgent messages. I would love for you to handle all of my new questions, because you knew what I needed and when I needed it.

I am looking forward to your urgent feedback.

Sincerely yours,

Customer

Chris12
Chris12
Chris12, Teacher