Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

World History

Customer Question
.
1.   The economic success of
...
.

1.   The economic success of the Mughals in India was dependent upon 

A. low levels of taxation.
B. economic success of subjects under their rule.
C. success of exporters.
D. the success of external markets.

2.   What practice was key to the success of the Mughals in ruling over India? 

A. Low taxation and a reliance on self-initiative
B. Moderate taxes and public spending
C. An emphasis on peaceful relations between states
D. High taxation and public spending

3.   The major contribution of the French philosopher Rene Descartes was in the realm of 

A. physics.
B. chemistry.
C. astronomy.
D. epistemology.

4.   The state that Europeans came to eye like greedy creditors around a rich man's deathbed was the _______ Empire. 

A. Russian
B. Austrian
C. Persian
D. Ottoman

5.   The most important factor in the British conquest of India during the eighteenth century was the 

A. political disunity in India.
B. superiority of British machine guns.
C. addiction of millions of Indians to opium.
D. willingness of the British government to pay for an invasion.

6.   Which of the following were the most important staple products introduced from the New World into Eurasia? 

A. Wheat, potatoes, and tobacco
B. Maize, bananas, and rice
C. Tobacco, potatoes, and quinine
D. Maize, potatoes, and sweet potatoes

7.   What was a key discovery during the early sixteenth century that made regular trade possible across the Atlantic Ocean? 

A. Longitude
B. The Gulf Stream
C. Square sails
D. Monsoonal winds

8.   Although Chinese emperors were theoretically unlimited in their authority, during the reign of the emperor Zhengde his administration 

A. insisted that he go on a military campaign.
B. joined a violent rebellion against him.
C. went on strike.
D. deposed him.

9.   The Dutch and the French succeeded in overtaking Arabia in the production of 

A. cloves.
B. coffee.
C. silk.
D. pepper.

10.   One of the most effective forms of resistance that slaves employed against their masters was 

A. open rebellion.
B. not having children.
C. earning money to buy their freedom.
D. working slowly.

11.   What factor led the English to attempt to kill off entire Native American peoples? 

A. The English relied on black slaves and wanted Native Americans' land.
B. Native Americans provided a good labor source for the Spanish.
C. The Native Americans' large populations were a direct threat.
D. Native Americans had vast wealth to exploit for tribute.

12.   What occurred virtually every time Natives and Europeans came into contact? 

A. Wars broke out
B. Deadly diseases were transmitted to the Natives
C. Deadly diseases were transmitted to Europeans
D. Large successful settlements were created

13.   What was the main motivating factor for European maritime expansion in the sixteenth and early seventeenth centuries? 

A. To conquer other empires or nations and take away local control
B. To spread Christian values
C. To seek out new lands for increasing populations
D. To increase economic opportunity

14.   What common trend occurred in most regions from the mid sixteenth century to the late seventeenth century? 

A. A decline in the slave trade
B. A decrease in wealth in the world
C. Extension of land exploitation
D. The downfall of many large empires

15.   During the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, Japan was the world's leading producer of 

A. pepper.
B. silver.
C. porcelain.
D. rhubarb.

16.   The Americas didn't provide Europeans with added 

A. land.
B. labor.
C. technological skill.
D. natural resources.

17.   At the end of the eighteenth century, _______ had the largest economy in the world. 

A. Britain
B. Spain
C. China
D. India

18.   The Treaty of Westphalia of 1648 

A. gave rulers the right to impose their religion upon their subjects.
B. came close to establishing the power of the Roman Church in England.
C. ended civil wars throughout Europe.
D. ended the wars of religion through a policy of tolerance.

19.   Ignatius Loyola was a 

A. soldier who founded the Jesuits.
B. priest who became a leader of the Inquisition in Spain.
C. wandering ascetic who founded the Franciscans.
D. disillusioned monk who founded the Dominican Order.

20.   During the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, the major reason for the high death rate among Native Americans from disease was 

A. malnutrition.
B. overwork.
C. warfare.
D. lack of immunities

i have a time line on this i have to do it by 10 pm. thanks

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/10/2012
Tutor: Ellen, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer

I am happy to answer all of your questions but I would require them to be sent to me small groups of 2 or 3. As a subscriber, you can send accept each answer individually at no additional cost beyond your monthly payment.

If this is satisfactory, please start your questions with "FOR WEBLAW" I will give it my immediate attention

Sooo I just send them by 3? To I ask them on the home page and just put "for wedlaw"? Or can I do it on your profile/ your home page?

Relist: Other.
Because the expert didn't answer my question
Relist: Other.
Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Professor replied 6 years ago
Mr. Gregory White

Hi, it will be a pleasure to help you with your homework today.

It looks like the other expert is offline and you might need help more quickly

If you relist them a few at a time and put "For TeacherGreg" at the front,I will be sure to get them for you ASAP.

im sorry but im not paying 30 for a few questions. how can i get my money back?

I am sorry - I was going by the other expert but see that you do not have an unlimited subscription.

I will do these for you. Do you have to have them by tonight or will tomorrow morning be okay?

Its to late now. My home school only gives me 30 minutes per question. It to me out of the exam now. Now I have new questions. But thanks anyways what ima do its get an unlimited subscription. That means I can ask as many questions and pay per month right?

Sorry about that. If you look under my account, you should see the unlimited subscription offer. This means you can ask all your questions for one rate per month. If you do not see that option, contact customer service.

Feel free to put "TeacherGreg" at the front of your question so it is directly routed to me. I have both math and history degrees and will be happy to help with your assignments.
tank you so! much i will make sure to do that.
Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate