Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. Minutes should be: (Points: 5) written objectively

1. Minutes should be: (Points...
1. Minutes should be: (Points: 5)
written objectively and concisely.
destroyed after the next meeting.
written in the order of importance.
brief and general.

2. The correct procedure for conducting a formal business meeting is: (Points: 5)
your organization's bylaws.
the meeting planner's bylaws.
parliamentary procedure.
the American Society of Corporate Secretaries bylaws.

3. Successful meetings result from: (Points: 5)
participants making motions.
committee reports.
effective planning.
private meetings.

4. Examples of formal meetings include: (Points: 5)
annual and quarterly corporate meetings.
management meetings.
project team meetings.
social club meetings.

5. Examples of informal meetings include: (Points: 5)
monthly board meetings.
conventions for professional organizations.
staff meetings.
quarterly association meetings.

6. Minutes, unlike notices, should be written in the: (Points: 5)
present tense.
future tense.
past tense.
progressive tense.

7. Common mistakes made by those preparing meeting notices include: (Points: 5)
using an incorrect format.
sending notices to incorrectly listed persons.
omitting location, day, or time.
giving too much detail.

8. The purpose of an agenda is to: (Points: 5)
select a meeting location.
list items to be discussed by the group.
control the discussion carried on by the participants.
decide who will facilitate the meeting.

9. The language style of minutes reflects the type of meeting held. This means: (Points: 5)
the more formal the meeting, the more informal the wording and tone of the minutes.
the more informal the meeting, the more formal the wording and tone of the minutes.
the tone must be objective.
the more formal the meeting, the more formal the wording and tone of the minutes; the more informal the meeting, the more informal the wording and tone of the minutes.

10. A common mistake made when sending meeting notices is to: (Points: 5)
leave the date blank.
use the telephone which is time-consuming with no guarantees that everyone received the same information.
omit the purpose of the meeting and include only the items to bring.
present the meeting notice at a formal meeting.

11. Meeting notices should include the: (Points: 5)
day, date, time, and location; and an agenda.
name of the committee or meeting group; day, date, time, and location; purpose of the meeting, and an agenda.
name of the committee or meeting group; day, date, time, and location; and a agenda.
name of the committee or meeting group; day, date, time, and location; purpose, any other applicable information, and an agenda.

12. The last paragraph(s) of formal and informal minutes should: (Points: 5)
be initialed by the president.
focus on the important business of the day.
give the date and time of the next meeting as well as the time of adjournment.
indicate the time the meeting was called to order by the facilitator.

13. A type of equipment that allows a facilitator to write, draw, or type to a board and print the information is a(n): (Points: 5)
computer.
overhead projector.
electronic writing board.
electronic paging system.

14. An advancement in technology that allows a variety of people to come together for a meeting without being in the same location is: (Points: 5)
electronic paging.
the World Wide Web.
videoconferencing.
a graphics presentation.

15. To make sure that attendees are prepared for a meeting, the meeting notice usually includes: (Points: 5)
the menu for the meal function.
an itemized list of the Board's expenses.
a list of materials to bring to the meeting.
the date of the next meeting of the Board.

16. Minutes that are written in chronological order are in the order in which the: (Points: 5)
business was conducted.
participants suggested topics.
topics were received.
reports were given.

17. For effective meetings, an agenda should: (Points: 5)
be distributed at least three to five days before the meeting.
not be distributed prior to the meeting.
include a review of past meeting minutes.
be posted in a public area prior to the meeting.

18. Materials such as __________ may be attached to an agenda. (Points: 5)
correspondence and reports
templates
an outline for minutes to be taken
role of participants

19. Which example indicates the agenda items are written in parallel form? (Points: 5)
Treasurer's Report; Announcing Committee Chairs, Reporting Old Business
Treasurer's Report, Announcement of Committee Chairs, Reporting Old Business
Reporting the Committee on Credentials, Reporting Old Business, New Business
Report of the Committee on Credentials, Report on Old Business, Report on New Business

20. The format of an agenda will vary with the: (Points: 5)
length of the meeting.
guest speaker's topic.
circumstances of the meeting.
reading of the minutes.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2011
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work