Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. You will achieve the you attitude in your letter if you:

(Points: 5)...
1. You will achieve the you attitude in your letter if you: (Points: 5)
use as many you and your words as possible.
use you and your carefully and thoughtfully, putting the reader into the picture.
focus on your reader in the last paragraph.
feel confident in your speaking ability.

2. In written communications, your tone is transmitted by your: (Points: 5)
image.
body language.
words and perceived spirit behind them.
facial expressions.

3. A letter can: (Points: 5)
influence what a person thinks about an organization.
strengthen positive tone with the use of "we."
help you build on an exaggerated attitude.
help your customer overcome your bragging attitude.

4. When writing a letter containing bad news, consider the customer's or client's viewpoint by: (Points: 5)
pointing out benefits to the customer where few or none may be apparent.
giving them the bad news in the opening sentence.
saying no without giving reasons.
pointing out that you are just following company policy.

5. The built-in purpose of each letter should be to: (Points: 5)
promote goodwill and make a profit.
maintain that the company's position is mostly fair.
resell the product and the business ahead of the competition.
promote goodwill and resell your product or service.

6. Which of the following is an example of exaggeration? (Points: 5)
Sincerity
Gushiness
Irritation
Indifference

7. Talking down to the reader means: (Points: 5)
using a congenial tone.
sharing ideas and making suggestions.
asking rather than telling the reader.
using a condescending tone.

8. When your communication reflects both a sincere interest in the customer's welfare and a willingness to do some extra, you are reflecting: (Points: 5)
a "we" attitude.
a service attitude.
a goodwill attitude.
tone.

9. Which of the following is a challenge to building goodwill? (Points: 5)
Stating that the customer's criticism of the company is justified
Stating that the company has made an error
Answering no to the customer
Making it easy for the customer to respond

10. Make your letter more believable by: (Points: 5)
telling the reader vaguely about your product or service.
making exaggerated (rash) promises.
telling the reader specifically what your product or service can do for him or her.
mentioning a competitor's product specifically.

11. Saying you're sorry in a letter is: (Points: 5)
not acceptable business practice.
acceptable if you say it several times.
acceptable since excessive apologies will improve the reader's reaction to the letter.
acceptable, but it is better to stress what you did or are doing to correct the problem.

12. Problem letters such as bad-news letters get off to a better start by: (Points: 5)
beginning with the cause of the problem.
reminding the reader that the problem was caused by negligence.
beginning with a goodwill idea.
presenting the bad-news first to let the reader know the answer.

13. Reselling a product or service is appropriate: (Points: 5)
for a new customer only.
for a new customer as well as a longtime customer.
only for first-time buyers.
only if the customer is having a problem with the product or service.

14. Goodwill letters should: (Points: 5)
use humor to keep them light and interesting.
avoid humor to make them sound more formal.
avoid humor because it could easily be interpreted as sarcasm.
interpret humor for the receiver.

15. When an individual has done an exceptional job, a thank-you letter will be appreciated more if: (Points: 5)
the letter contains a minimum of five paragraphs.
a printed thank-you card is sent.
a copy of the letter is sent to the individual's supervisor.
the letter is sent confidentially.

16. The two types of invitations that you may be called upon to create are: (Points: 5)
social and formal.
formal and informal.
semi-formal and formal.
informal and semi-formal.

17. Organizations send letters of appreciation to all of the following EXCEPT: (Points: 5)
a new customer for a first order.
an established customer for a particularly large order, the payment of an overdue bill, or the last installment payment on a special-account purchase.
a customer that has not paid on an overdue bill.
someone within the organization for making a suggestion that proves worthwhile or for doing something he or she is not required to do.

18. Which of the following best describes these sentences from a welcome message?
Our company is pleased to welcome you as one of our valued customers. We are looking forward to receiving many more fine orders from you in the near future. We especially appreciate the size of your recent order.

(Points: 5)
Sincere and enthusiastic
Selfish-sounding
Wordy and stuffy
Obviously sales-oriented

19. Which of the following best describes this sentence from a congratulations message?
Congratulations on your well-deserved promotion to Vice President of Operations!

(Points: 5)
Sincere and enthusiastic
Selfish-sounding
Wordy and stuffy
Obviously sales-oriented

20. Which of the following best describes these sentences from a congratulations message?
Heartiest congratulations on being named plant manager of Maxell Industries. I am certain that you richly deserve this promotion, and I am sure that you are now thinking of expanding your life insurance coverage.

(Points: 5)
Sincere and enthusiastic
Selfish-sounding
Wordy and stuffy
Obviously sales-oriented
12/6/2011
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work