Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

For Chris M or someone who can answer these

Congress does try to get...

Congress does try to get people to see their point of view and have them vote a certain way but what types of persuasion might they use to get people to go along with their ideas? Give an example

Sure, we all do but what type of persuasive message would a debt collector use to get their money versus someone selling dental supplies? Give an example of a persuasive pitch.

Can you give an example of a type of persuasive message that you have seen used previously? Why do you think it was effective?

Steve Hawking the noted physicist things that unless humans are "modified" at some point in the future that we will be unable to keep up with the demands of information coming at us.  Do you agree or disagree with this statement and why?

Assuming that we are overloaded with messages that we will rich a point where we cannot filter what messages are important and what are not?

(230)

Does making job performance a competition have its positive aspects?

What differences are their between instilling fear (or is it respect?) within a military division vs say working in a corporation?

Many of you described some specific qualities of a good leader. Is there someone who embodies these skills that you either personally know or perhaps read about? Who is that person and how does he or she fit the bill? 

Do you think that a person can be taught to be a good leader? Or is it something you either have or don't have? Why/why not?

11/23/2011
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work

Hi there,

I can answer four or five of these today and the rest by tomorrow night. Let me know if that meets your deadline.

yeah that works
Click here for first answer.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Click here for the next answer.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Click here for another answer.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work

"Assuming that we are overloaded with messages that we will rich a point where we cannot filter what messages are important and what are not?" How is this suppose to read, exactly.

skip it LOl sorry
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Click here for another answer.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Click here for next answer.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work

Click here for final answer in the set. Hope these responses were helpful!

Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Quiz again this week 17 questions 1 hour limit

based on

Interviewing

Back To Top

Does the thought of interviewing for a job make you nervous? In many ways, an in-person interview is like giving a presentation to a small audience. To make a positive, strong impression, job candidates, like presenters, must perform research, prepare information, anticipate questions and objections, and practice their delivery.

Finding open positions that fit your skills is much easier now, with the advent of general and specialized job websites. You can select job attributes such as industry, function, title, and geography at job aggregator sites such as www.indeed.com and www.simplyhired.com then receive their daily e-mail alerts containing jobs that fit your specifications. Many companies list openings on their websites as well. Professional networking websites such as www.linkedin.com offer opportunities to discover whom you may know or with whom you may have a connection at companies that have an opening in which you are interested.

Despite the speed and convenience of Internet job hunting, standing out from the crowd of applicants is still difficult. Many companies receive hundreds of resumes per job opening. If you can get your resume and cover letter directly to the hiring manager or human resources recruiter through an employee or other connection, it will increase your chances of being called for an interview.

Very often, companies deploy a rigorous screening process for job candidates. Many schedule one or more phone interviews as first steps. Online interviews are becoming more common as well, as are requests to complete online personality tests, skills assessments, and extensive application forms. Some companies even require references and consent for background and credit checks prior to in-person interviews; in the past, those requests were usually made towards the end of the process when a formal job offer was made.

After you clear all these preliminary hurdles, you are likely to be invited to one or more in-person interviews.

Our text quotes famous management consultant Peter Drucker as follows: In the world of business, "as soon as you move one step up from the bottom, your effectiveness depends on your ability to reach others through the spoken word" (O'Hair, p. 212). The text continues to explain that "Researchers consider communication and interpersonal skills as the single most important set of factors in the interview" (O'Hair, p. 212). In the end, people hire other people, not resumes or recommendations.

If ever there is a time to think before we speak, the interview is definitely that time. Your qualifications can get your foot in the door, but it is the personal interview that makes or breaks the outcome.

Ben Franklin perfectly summarized the job interview process when he stated, "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." Everyone should approach interviews as they would important presentations: research, organize, and rehearse.

Research. Again, the Internet has made the process of researching a company much simpler. In addition to reviewing the company website, be sure to take a look at its competitors and read articles about industry trends. You may be able to find information about the interviewer online as well! Another way to find out more about the company is to talk to an employee. It isn't always possible, but current and former employees can provide valuable insider information that you may not be able to source anywhere else.

Organize. Take time to brainstorm possible questions that may come up in the interview, and decide how you will answer them. There are many career-oriented websites to help with these questions, and some databases provide examples of traditional and behavioral job interview questions that employers ask established jobseekers, college students, and recent graduates. Don't forget to have your own questions ready as well.

Rehearse. Ask a friend or family member to role play with you. Have them ask you tough questions and give you feedback for improvement.

The Quintessential Careers website contains several other helpful suggestions to prepare for an interview. It also provides information for the interview itself, as well as post interview suggestions.

Today's economy makes the job hunting process highly competitive. Individuals must go above and beyond in their efforts to prepare thoroughly for interviews and follow up appropriately afterwards. Ralph Waldo Emerson stated this idea very well when he said, "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted."

Hello 4624,

Do you want to upload the questions now?

nope just need to set up a time and date.. again so you can do it

also have a look

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/5vuuy-one-important-part-planning-formal-report.html
Okay, how about 1:00 PM EST tomorrow (11/28). This is a quiz of 17 multiple choice questions of the job interview process that has a 90 min.time limit (but you would like answers in 60 mins., if possible). Is this correct?
just like normal as any quize iv given you .. 1 hour limit so i have a little time to input answers .

did u look at

Okay, I'll be waiting at 1:00 PM.
did you look at that link to.. ready yet?
I took at look at the questions. I have a couple of other requests to finish, but I should be able to do them by tomorrow, if that meets the deadline.
k, you ready for quiz then?
I'm ready.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/z554ccih28gha2d/quiz.docx

Answers are as follows:

1. interpersonal communication

2. first impressions.

3. Orientation and motivation

4. communication competence

5. Closed
6. Supportive

7. All of the above

8. all of the questions that will be asked (including all probe questions) and the exact wording that will be used with each interviewee. Every interviewee received exactly the same questions in exactly the same order.

9. situational
10. All of the above

11. Developing preliminary questions that elicit information about job qualifications, interest in the company, and personal characteristics
12. Research the company

13. Including the skills and responsibilities used in those contexts can substitute for a lack of formal job experience.

14. Politely clarify the question, and place the ball back in the interviewer's court.

15. supportive

16. Media

17. Choices for this question did not post

Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
17. What are the most critical aspects of a disciplinary interview?

make them up (fill in the blank question)
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
On #17 you may want to also add: Inform the employee what (if any) disciplinary action will be taken according to company policy.
to late LOL

dont forget

Thanks for the "accepts" and positive feedback.
Got more

a paragrah or 2

(227)
Reflecting a positive image and content in a document or report is a must especially when you want to position your content above that of other competing interests in a professional environment. What are one of the "content aspects" of showing a positive image in your document? How might you convey a positive attitude and image in your content?

In Chapter 14, review the reports shown in Figures 14.2 to 14.3 (http://www.mediafire.com/?vydrbmdbcvbdufl) . Give specific examples of how each of these reports establishes a good relationship with the audience. Consider such components as taking the "you" attitude, emphasizing the positive, establishing credibility, being polite, using bias-free language, using visual aids, and projecting a good company image. How will you exhibit these qualities in your formal report assignment?

As the workplace is very competitive at this point in time how do you see yourself using some of the TCO tools to gain an advantage over others in moving up the career ladder?

(230)

Cherie is an accountant for a large advertising agency. After receiving notice of a prospective, large account, she thinks of a creative advertising campaign and tells her idea to Charles, her manager. Charles shoots down her idea and reminds her that her job is accounting. Several days later, the design team visits Charles and asks him for more details on his brilliant campaign idea. Cherie realizes that the campaign being discussed is her idea.

What does this outcome indicate about the communication climate and power holding in the agency? If you were Cherie, would you approach Charles about stealing your idea, or would you show support for your manager? Why?

If you did decide to approach Charles, how would you do so? If you decided to support him, how would you do so?

When it comes to coworkers, why are strong interpersonal relationships important in business?

How do you build and maintain those relationships while keeping professionalism at the forefront?

What are some challenges you face in doing so?

What are the key factors upon which coworker relationships are usually based? Tell us about your experiences.

Thanks for the request, unfortunately I won't be able to assist with this set.

reallY? you've helped me with the past few weeks.. course is almost done.. 1 more week..Tongue out

Hello 4624,

I haven't been able to do much writing this week as my daughter has been home from school with tonsilitis. I see you have posted these questions to the attention of other experts without a reponse. Consider breaking this question set up into different posts, as nine or ten questions in one post probably seem a little overwhelming to experts attempting to assist (I know it does to me)!

yeah i know but its cause of the limit of questions that can be asked.. before the shut the account down kind of sucks.. i had to put some in 1 but if you have an accept button after each question you can get credit for each!!!

its all good, wasnt my intent for you to explain your self (sorry)..you've been gREAT

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

but anyway about your daughter.. since Tonsilitis is a bacteria that is anaerobic,
Anaerobic, which literally means without oxygen, as opposed to aerobic

in other words they manafest without oxygen.. if you flood the body with oxygen It can't survive

But anyway if your interesed in a natural cure for this(and many other thing), you can ues 35% Food grade H202.. *must delute to the right proportions for consumption.

Ive been doing it ..havent gotten sick in the last 7-8 years. Great stuff.. The imune system if flooded with oxygen, you can't really get sick from bacteria/viruses that exisist in non oxgen states..

Thanks for the advice! Sounds like a good solution. Good luck with your assignment!

-Chris M.

you will be available next week then?

Register Here
Yes, I will be able to assist you next week.
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work