Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

MARKETING PLAN w/ $25 Bonus

Objective: This Marketing Plan assignment...
Objective: This Marketing Plan assignment gives you the opportunity to practice develop an integrated business and marketing strategy for a product or service of your choice. This activity will make the course "come alive" through application of the principles from the textbook, course materials and threaded discussions. Assignments such as this also help you develop business-oriented communication skills.The development of this Marketing Plan is an integral part of the course, and will require several weeks of research, critical analysis, critical thinking, and writing. Students tell us the only way to do well on this project is to begin early and work on it consistently throughout the entire course.You have several options when choosing a product or service for your marketing plan. Consider choosing a new product for a new company (your own) or creating a new product for an existing company. Perhaps you would want to do a product extension of an existing product. You might consider a different approach to marketing an existing service. You can target consumers or businesses. You may choose a product or service offered by your employer or your own business, or one from another organization. Ultimately, to maximize your learning experience, choose a product or service in which you have an interest and about which you would like to see your product or service come to the marketplace. Make sure there is information available about the industry and target market of the product or service you choose.Remember that this is a Marketing Plan and not a Business Plan. You are not creating a business, but creating the Marketing Plan for an existing product or service. Thus, your focus should not be on the company or its products, but on how to market the product or service that you have chosen. Provide enough background and history to put the marketing plan in perspective. Do a comprehensive SWOT analysis with an in-depth and candid look at your internal and external environment. Establish your goals and objectives. Analyze the information developed, and only then begin defining your target market, and specifying the specific marketing strategies." Do not simply report on how a company markets its goods or services. You should instead say what type of marketing you would propose.Your instructor will look at your Marketing Plan from the point of view of a business proposal. Have you thought through and considered your options? Have you provided details of your proposal? Have you looked at the entire strategy - the “big picture” - while still considering the more operational elements that make for successful implementation? How well written and persuasive is the plan?GuidelinesIn developing your content, try to demonstrate clarity of thinking, understanding, and application of basic marketing principles, and creative --- but realistic -- use of marketing tools. Explorations of your options and choices are an important part of demonstration of your mastery of marketing concepts. There is seldom only one potential course of action in developing a “real” marketing plan; demonstrate that you have considered options and alternatives at each step in your plan and have chosen the best.Review the Chapter two Marketing Plan example and the Sonic Marketing Plan Example and Exercises found in the Appendix of your Kotler textbook. The questions asked in the exercises may help you further develop your Marketing Plan.MM522 Marketing Plan GuideMarketing Plan Outline1.0 Executive Summary2.0 Situation Analysis2.1 Market Summary2.2 SWOT Analysis2.3 Competition2.4 Product (Service) Offering2.5 Keys to Success2.6 Critical Issues3.0 Marketing Strategy3.1 Mission3.2 Marketing Objectives3.3 Financial Objectives3.4 Target Markets3.5 Positioning3.6 Strategies3.7 Marketing Mix3.8 Marketing Research4.0 Controls4.1 Implementation4.2 Marketing Organization4.3 Contingency Planning5.0 ConclusionPaper Format:• Every draft of your Marketing Plan should be formatted per APA guidelines and include:o Title Pageo Page header and running heado Table of contents (optional)o Double-spaced text using Times New Roman 12-point typeo Headings and Subheadings as listed aboveo In Text citationso Reference Page• Your Final Marketing Plan should be 18-20 pages in length.• Page counts do not include the title page, table of contents, or reference pageMilestones and Grading RubricsIt is recommended that you have one working draft of your Marketing Plan and add to it throughout the course. Remember to read the grade feedback and go back and revise your marketing plan prior to submitting your final draft.CategoryPoints%DescriptionMarketing Plan Topic (Week One)206Submit your Marketing Plan topic using the Marketing Plan Topic Form found in Doc Sharing.MP First Draft (Week Two)7020Your first draft must include 2.0 Situation Analysis and all supporting sections 2.1 through 2.6.MP Second Draft (Week Four)7020For your second draft, add 3.0 Marketing Strategy plus sections 3.1 through 3.4.MP Third Draft (Week Six)7020In your third draft, you need to complete the 3.0 Marketing Strategy section by adding sections 3.5 through 3.8.MM522 Marketing Plan GuideFinal Marketing Plan (Week Seven)Your final marketing plan must include the final version of all sections including 1.0 Executive Summary, all sections in 4.0 Controls, and 5.0 ConclusionMP Content6017Includes all required sections. Demonstrates clarity of thinking, understanding, and application of basic marketing principles, and creative --- but realistic -- use of marketing toolsDocumentation & Formatting309Your Marketing Plan follows APA guidelines and assignment format instructions. You are required to have a minimum of eight research references.Organization & Cohesiveness154Your Marketing Plan is well organized using headings, subheadings and paragraph structure.Editing154Graduate level writing – good grammar, spelling, punctuation, and good sentence structure.Total350100A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.Best Practices• Research is essential! As with any entrepreneur who is considering a venture into the world of business, one should not blindly walk into minefields. You are already aware that the business environment is highly competitive. Thus, the more you know about the market into which you are going, the more you know about the competition, the more you know about similar ventures (successful or not so), the more you have explored the potential market for your product or service, the better prepared you are to create a PLAN that minimizes risk and maximizes the likelihood of success. For the same reason you would not purchase stocks blindly and would investigate such a purchase before plunking down your hard-earned money, so is it with a Marketing Plan. Know into what and where you are going.• Remember that Marketing exists to solve consumer/business problems with a SOLUTION.• Your Marketing Plan will be written in the THIRD Person.• Tables, charts, graphs, and graphics that accurately illustrate your strategies are welcome.Developing your Marketing PlanTitle Page - Set up page per APA guidelines; add page header and running headTable of Contents - Optional; Use outline1.0 Executive Summary - The Executive Summary appears at the beginning of the paper, but is written last. This introductory section is the hook to grab the reader's interest. This section should summarize your plan with enough information to convince the reader to keep reading. If you were showing this plan to an investor, this section may be the key to your success.2.0 Situation Analysis - What critical issues do you face? What forces in the macroenvironment need to be considered? What are the company’s capabilities?MM522 Marketing Plan Guide2.1 Market Summary - How would you define the market? How big is the market? How fast is the market growing? What are the relevant trends?2.2 SWOT Analysis - What are the Internal Strengths and Weaknesses, and External Opportunities and Threats?2.3 Competition – Who are competitors? What are they doing? What is their position in the market? How do they compare?2.4 Product (Service) Offering - What needs does the product or service fulfill or what problem does it solve? What is the product offering? What are the features, advantages and benefits?2.5 Keys to Success - What are the most important factors to making your plan successful?2.6 Critical Issues – How will you get your product or service to the consumer? Will you use distributors, intermediaries, warehouses, retailers, the internet, or …?3.0 Marketing Strategy - Introduce your marketing strategies; What IMC approach are you planning? What marketing strategies will you use? What advertising strategies will you use? What types of media? Why did you choose these strategies?3.1 Mission - What is the mission of your e-business? Your organization exists to accomplish something. Who is your customer? What is of value to the customer?3.2 Marketing Objectives - Meeting these marketing objectives should lead to sales; Objectives should be clear, be measurable, and have a stated time frame for achievement3.3 Financial Objectives - the ultimate goal of your Marketing plan is the effect it will have on the botXXXXX XXXXXne; example: customer sales by volume and growth percentage or growth percentage by market segments3.4 Target Markets - What general strategy will be used to reach your target market? Needs/Benefits sought by the market; Product usage; Product positioning; Consumer/Business purchasing process (decision-making); Market size estimates; This section should include extensive research, for example: Data on your product/service industry, Demographics/Psychographic profile: gender, age, occupation, education, life style geographic region, attitudes, purchasing characteristics, etc.3.5 Positioning - What opinions does your audience already have about this type of product? Is there a gap in the consumers’ needs that this product can fill? Is there a specific application that your product fits very well? Can you base the position on the uniqueness of the product, the product quality, or the pricing strategies? Is it possible to position your product based upon opportunities you found after research?3.6 Strategies - Explain how your marketing programs will support your company's strategic plan - company uniqueness, competitive advantage, adjusting to market conditions, trends and changes.3.7 Marketing Mix Product: brand name, features/attributes, quality, warranty, labeling, packaging, etc; Promotion: advertising, types of media, sales promotion, personal selling, publicMM522 Marketing Plan Guiderelations, your methods, message/theme, timing, budget, projected results, etc.; Place / Distribution: types of distribution channels, direct, retail, distributors, intermediaries, locations, logistics, motivating the channel partners, level of market coverage, channel distribution challenges, etc.; Price: type of strategy, list price, discounts, bundling, market segment, channels, geography, payment terms and financing options, leasing options, supply/demand, economic/legal considerations, etc.3.8 Marketing Research - Research methods to be used; Data requirements - information needed, projected results; Research responsibility - Internal, outside agency, purchased data, etc.; Limitations and challenges.4.0 Controls - Controls help you measure results and indentify any problems or performance variations that may need corrective action.4.1 Implementation - Set milestones for implementing your plan.4.2 Marketing Organization - If you are the Chief Marketing Officer, who else is on your support team?4.3 Contingency Planning - How will you handle difficulties, problems and risks?5.0 Conclusion - Summarize your marketing plan.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/3/2011
RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree

Hi Teddy, is this the post with the two questions?

I will try to put it in outline form...so you can let me know if I understand what is required...

Looking forward to working with you, have a pleasant day o/

Hi Tonee and thanks.

As for the marketing plan, this is what I need by 1:00 AM Sunday Morning:

2.0 Situation Analysis

2.1 Market Summary
2.2 SWOT Analysis
2.3 Competition
2.4 Product (Service) Offering
2.5 Keys to Success
2.6 Critical Issues

I know that this is last minute, and I am really sorry for doing this to you.

hi there how are u? Better i hope. I will get started.

:o)

Hey Tonee,

Getting better, slowly but surely; it’s just hard right now. I have no laptop, only a desktop. My computer is located downstairs; it is hard to walk up and down the stairs; my wife had to go home for a week. So it’s been a living nightmare. I also have another question labeled Help Needed!, I would love for you to do it if possible. If you can’t I totally understand
Hey Tonee,

I made a boo-boo. Along with the other I said that I need for Sunday; I need this part as well:

Product or Service Idea:

Is your product or service offered by:
____an existing company?
____a new company imagined for the assignment?
Explanation:

Who do you think is the target audience?
(Remember you will need research to confirm this.):

Are similar or competitive products or services available? List or briefly describe a similar product or service: (If your idea has no precedent in the marketplace, consider another idea).

How will your product or service differ from competitors? What is your distinctive competitive advantage?

Do you have questions for your instructor?

Hi Teddy, I can let you know by saturday?

Depends on how friday goes...

tm

okay, thanks!

Hi I added the Product or Service Idea questions to the beginning of the paper. Please review the following..

http://www.4shared.com/document/gTKb3DCq/NGP-MarketingPlan.html

thanks

tm

Ok, got it.....No what you know that I will accept as usual. RD is great....ty so very much. MUAHHHHHH!
Hello Tonee,

This marketing plan will done in waves. The next portion is listed below, not needed till the 18th of November:

3.0 Marketing Strategy

3.1 Mission
3.2 Marketing Objectives
3.3 Financial Objectives
3.4 Target Markets
3.5 Positioning
3.6 Strategies
3.7 Marketing Mix
3.8 Marketing Research

Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

tm

Thank you TM!
Good morning Tonne,

Were you able to check out my other question: Help Needed?

Hi the product or service questions were answered at the beginning of the file posted.

tm

Hey Teddy, are you referring to your open questions?

One is posted under business and I could help if they were moved to homework category?

tm

No its homework as:

Help Needed! Due by the 12 November rough draft Write a formal justification report to an organization making a recommendation to implement a particular product, service, or program. The organization may have a business, governmental, professional. There is one in bus; if you can do it I will send that one your way as well.
This is the assignment that I asked you about before you took on the marketing plan:

Due by the 12 November rough draft Write a formal justification report to an organization making a recommendation to implement a particular product, service, or program. The organization may have a business, governmental, professional, or social focus. The report may focus on a ―real‖ or ―made-up‖ recommendation, but you should direct the report to an actual organization, even if you do not plan to actually submit the report. The audience within the organization will be whatever level is most appropriate to make a decision on the topic of your report. Write a minimum of 4-6 single-spaced report pages (not including the table of contents, transmittal form, executive summary, or title page). 1. Organize the reports by section headings. 2. The report should contain relevant and applicable graphics (at least one). 3. The findings should be based on research, including at least one (1) primary source and at least three (3) secondary sources. Sources should be credible and reliable (no Wikipedia). 4. The report should reflect a style and format appropriate for business, i.e., single spacing and bullet points are acceptable for the business report. 5. Headings, figures, and appendices should follow guidelines of APA style. All in-text citations and the references page should be cited according to APA style, 6th edition guidelines. Preliminary parts Title page Transmittal (1 page) Table of contents Executive summary (1 page) Report text Introduction Problem statement Method used Findings Analysis Conclusion Addenda References Appendices (3)Due by the 19 November 2nd draft Write a formal justification report to an organization making a recommendation to implement a particular product, service, or program. The organization may have a business, governmental, professional, or social focus. The report may focus on a ―real‖ or ―made-up‖ recommendation, but you should direct the report to an actual organization, even if you do not plan to actually submit the report. The audience within the organization will be whatever level is most appropriate to make a decision on the topic of your report. Write a minimum of 4-6 single-spaced report pages (not including the table of contents, transmittal form, executive summary, or title page). 1. Organize the reports by section headings. 2. The report should contain relevant and applicable graphics (at least one.. 3. The findings should be based on research, including at least one primary source and at least three secondary sources. Sources should be credible and reliable (no Wikipedia). 4. The report should reflect a style and format appropriate for business, i.e., single spacing and bullet points are acceptable for the business report. 5. Headings, figures, and appendices should follow guidelines of APA style. All in-text citations and the references page should be cited according to APA style, 6th edition guidelines. Preliminary parts Title page Transmittal (1 page) Table of contents Executive summary (1 page) Report text Introduction Problem statement Method used Findings Analysis Conclusion Addenda References Appendices (4)Due by the 26 November 3rd version with slides Length of presentation Your entire presentation delivery should be approximately 8-10 minutes. Present approximately 8-10 PowerPoint slides, including a title slide, introductory slide and closing slide. Audience Prepare and deliver the presentation as if the actual audience is the recipient of your report (when in fact, the audience will most likely be your classmates, instructor, or others.) Content Introduction: Open with an engaging introduction of the topic of your report. Include one (1) title slide. Include one (1) introductory slide. Body: Cover the main points of your report. Create PowerPoint slides that reinforce and illustrate your main ideas. Follow basic design principles for effective slide content - bulleted lists, relevant graphics, appropriate color scheme/background, readable font. Closing: Close with a memorable wrap-up statement that refocuses on the purpose of your report. o Include one (1) closing slide. Delivery Your presentation should be delivered in a professional manner appropriate from a business perspective using the technology required for a PowerPoint slide presentation to an audience. Your entire presentation delivery should be approximately 8-10 minutes.
Hello Tonee( My ANGEL),

Did you find the above assignment? IF so, it is broken down into phases. The only part I will now is the part dated Nov 12.
Hey Tonee,
This is one part of the other question that you asked me about. This is due by midnight Sunday. It is listed under HW, but this is the first part that’s needed tonight:
(A)Identify the recipient, the topic, and the purpose of your report.
(B)Suggest potential resources and a method for gathering information that may provide support for at least one other student’s report.
It’s a total of two projects. I will provide a bonus with this one as well. The part that’s due this weekend is as follows:
Due by the 12 November rough draft Write a formal justification report to an organization making a recommendation to implement a particular product, service, or program. The organization may have a business, governmental, professional, or social focus. The report may focus on a ―real‖ or ―made-up‖ recommendation, but you should direct the report to an actual organization, even if you do not plan to actually submit the report. The audience within the organization will be whatever level is most appropriate to make a decision on the topic of your report. Write a minimum of 4-6 single-spaced report pages (not including the table of contents, transmittal form, executive summary, or title page). 1. Organize the reports by section headings. 2. The report should contain relevant and applicable graphics (at least one). 3. The findings should be based on research, including at least one (1) primary source and at least three (3) secondary sources. Sources should be credible and reliable (no Wikipedia). 4. The report should reflect a style and format appropriate for business, i.e., single spacing and bullet points are acceptable for the business report. 5. Headings, figures, and appendices should follow guidelines of APA style. All in-text citations and the references page should be cited according to APA style, 6th edition guidelines. Preliminary parts Title page Transmittal (1 page) Table of contents Executive summary (1 page) Report text Introduction Problem statement Method used Findings Analysis Conclusion Addenda References Appendices
I Tonee, I hate to be a pain. This is my last comment, and I need to go and lay down. For the other class and the previous comments, this is what this project consist of:

The report plan is a plan written for the professor explaining what the report will consist of. Your audience is the professor. (The report plan is different than the actual report.)
Create a plan that identifies what information you will need to prepare a justification report making a recommendation to an organization to implement a particular product, service, or program. The organization may have a business, governmental, professional, or social focus.
The report may focus on a “real” or “made-up” recommendation, but you should direct the report to an actual organization, even if you do not plan to actually submit the report.

For the report, the audience within the organization will be whatever level is most appropriate to make a decision on the topic of your report.
Identify the recipient of the report. (To what organization will the recommendation be directed?)
Identify the topic of the report. (What product, service, or program will you recommend?)
Identify the purpose of the report. (What need or problem will the product, service, or program resolve?)
Identify potential resources that will be needed for support.
Identify methods to be used to gather information.
Identify criteria to be used to evaluate the information collected. (What factors will you consider to make your recommendation?)
The document should be formatted according to APA style. Write the plan in essay (paragraph) format with an introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion. The plan should be at least 300 words long and double spaced.
Still open
Hi Tonee,

Just a reminder that this is whats required for the marketing plan on this coming Sunday 20th:

3.0 Marketing Strategy

3.1 Mission
3.2 Marketing Objectives
3.3 Financial Objectives
3.4 Target Markets
3.5 Positioning
3.6 Strategies
3.7 Marketing Mix
3.8 Marketing Research
Hi Tonee,

this was closed so I am just repeating that part 3 is due this weekend.
Hello!
Just stop by to say hello, and sorry for putting so much stress on you over the past few days. I was stressing because I just had surgery, and I did not know what I was going to do; my mistake, my bad! I got away from my faith and I truly am sorry. Please forgive me and thanks for doing all that you do; even when I am being a pain.

td
Hello

Ok, I understand this one. Still trying to sort out the other?

Hold on :o)

tm

ok!
Hello

SORRY i AM LATE. Relative was in hospice and passed last night.

Had to be with family...

tm

Should get updated tonight...

First off all, you are never late, and family always comes first. My blessing goes
out to you and your family.

Td

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX :(

Still finishing...

Ok, no problem!
I still have 2.5 hours

Hi Teddy, please look at the following

http://www.4shared.com/document/pWMhuL1g/NGP-MarketingPlan-11-19.html

thanks,

tm

Hey Tonee,

Looks AWESOME. Nothings due next week. However; the below part is due by the 3rd.

4.0 Controls
4.1 Implementation
4.2 Marketing Organization
4.3 Contingency Planning
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hello Tonee,

Tonee you are way ahead of in what is required. However; I still need the following part by this Sunday midnight: 3.8 Marketing Research.

You gave me the following parts last week:
3.5 Positioning
3.6 Strategies
3.7 Marketing Mix
Hello Tonee,

3.5 Positioning
3.6 Strategies
3.7 Marketing Mix
Hello Tonee,

Just keeping open.

Ok, working on it.

tm

K
Tonee

3.8 Marketing Research is missing?
Should the 3.6 Strategies Market Research section be in tables; I am not sure what goes with what.

Again, 3.8 is missing, executive summary, and a conclusion.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX accept now if you desire and we can continue to work the kinks out?

Hi, it is up to you, I will look at it.

A second homegoing this past weekend. Sorry havent been able to work much...

tm

Sorry, I understand and I apologize for being a bothering during this time. My blessing and prayers go out to you and yours during this dark hour. God Bless!

Not a bother. Sorry, mostly being a comfort to others during this time. Thanks for your prayers... Also good news!

My neice gave birth this past friday, its a boy!

:o)

Wow! Isn't that amazing; how we lose one and gain another? Congrats!

Hi, I have updated with exec summary, market research, etc.

Please review. Yes we can continue to revise as needed. If you plan to accept this doc that would be great as it is over 20 pages and has taken many hours to complete.

thanks

tm

http://www.4shared.com/document/5rldQy07/NGP-MarketingPlan-12-6.html

RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Tonee,

Thanks! If I have any questions I will let you know. Feedback, accepted, and bonus have been completed. Hang in there and I hope that this new bundle of joy bring some well deserved smiles to you and your family.

td
Tonee,

I need your help with the plan:

I would recommend taking a fresh look at everything after section 3.5 to make it more cohesive and to fit the structure and outline of the assignment. I would expand the market research component quite a bit to help provide more support and justification for your idea. Need to make this chart in 4.0 legible here or make it a legible appendix. 3.6 Strategies Market Research (should have been Strategies)
I think that this is the format he wants: Indented sub paragraphs .

1.0 Executive Summary 2.0 Situation Analysis 2.1 Market Summary 2.2 SWOT Analysis 2.3 Competition 2.4 Product (Service) Offering 2.5 Keys to Success 2.6 Critical Issues 3.0 Marketing Strategy 3.1 Mission 3.2 Marketing Objectives 3.3 Financial Objectives 3.4 Target Markets 3.5 Positioning 3.6 Strategies 3.7 Marketing Mix 3.8 Marketing Research 4.0 Controls 4.1 Implementation 4.2 Marketing Organization 4.3 Contingency Planning 5.0 Conclusion
Tonee,

I need your help with the plan:

Thanks,

Okay, Will revise.

tm

Hey Tonee, I hate to be a bugga-boo, but the other assignment has to be revised as well.
I really do apologize for being a pain to you! However; I still think that you are AWESOME......winks!
My dear ANGEL,

I know that you don't want too hear this, but it is imperative that I have both of these assignments before midnight; these are for my final week tomorrow by midnight. I tried to revise, but I think that I make matters worse?
My dear ANGEL,

Tonee,

I need your help with the plan:

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Okay and thank you. Did you see my comment for the other one?
Sorry but that chart in 4.1 will need a legend
Disregard the plan is go to go. Thanks!
Hello and Happy New Years! I have a last minute question.....again! I just wanted to see if you help me out.....again?

td
I hope that all is well, and I cant wait to see you again....I can really use your help!
RopTeam
RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree