Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Marks 1 The Supreme Court cases that held that the Constitution…

Customer Question
Marks: 1 The Supreme Court cases...
Marks: 1
The Supreme Court cases that held that the Constitution did not fully apply to the territories acquired by the United States during the Spanish-American War were called the
Choose one answer.
a. province cases.
b. insular cases.
c. territory cases.
d. island cases.
e. imperialism cases.
Question 25
Marks: 1
As war broke out in Europe, Americans
Choose one answer.
a. were deeply divided.
b. were rather ambivalent.
c. mostly supported the British.
d. mostly supported the Germans.
e. supported U.S. involvement.
Question 26
Marks: 1
The Hays codes
Choose one answer.
a. barred immigration from Asia.
b. outlined inappropriate material for films.
c. were adopted by corporations to appease unions.
d. were sanctioned by the ACLU.
e. raised tariffs to an all-time high.
Question 27
Marks: 1
Who said, “Speak softly, and carry a big stick”?
Choose one answer.
a. William Jennings Bryan
b. Grover Cleveland
c. Admiral Dewey
d. William H. Taft
e. Theodore Roosevelt
Question 28
Marks: 1
Which statement about the Haymarket Affair is false?
Choose one answer.
a. A bomb exploded, killing a police officer.
b. The Knights of Labor was directly responsible for the violence that took place at Haymarket.
c. Employers took the opportunity to paint the labor movement as a dangerous and un-American force prone to violence and controlled by foreign-born radicals.
d. Seven of the eight men accused of plotting the Haymarket bombing were foreign born.
e. Laborers were gathered at Haymarket Square to demonstrate for an eight-hour day.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2011
Tutor: Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work replied 6 years ago
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work