Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

HIGH PRIORITY-PLEASE- Problem I Miguel and Carmen Cordoba

Customer Question
HIGH PRIORITY-PLEASE- Problem I: Miguel and Carmen...
HIGH PRIORITY-PLEASE-
Problem I:
Miguel and Carmen Cordoba celebrated the first anniversary of their marriage with a candle light dinner at the romantic restaurant where Miguel had proposed. After the waiter had taken their order, Miguel gave Carmen her gift, an heirloom ring. The diamond ring, recently appraised at $10, had been in his family for 4 generations, and was always given as a gift of great love. The last to wear it had been Miguel’s Aunt Rosa, the dear lady who had been like a second mother to him. Now it was to be worn by Carmen, as a token of his love for her. The ring had no magic, however, and the Cordoba’s marriage deteriorated quickly. After a couple of years of stability, they went through five years of ever more frequent separations and unsuccessful visit to counselors. Finally, Miguel asked Carmen for a divorce and left their home. Before the divorce was filed, Miguel returned to the house to get his clothes and other personal belonging. While there, he went to his wife’s jewelry box and removed the heirloom ring. Soon it was being worn by Estella Anza, his new girl-fiend. Carmen Cordoba asked Miguel to return the ring and. When he did not, swore out a complaint against him for theft.
Questions:
1. Should Miguel Cordoba be charged with burglary in Case II?
2. Assume that Carmen had changed the locks after Miguel left the house. In order to enter the house, Miguel is forced to break a glass pane from the back door and let himself in. Does this change the answer?

Problem II:
Mayor Chen cradled the small cardboard box in his arms all the way home. This little jewel would make history in Legalville. Not only that, it would also clinch his reelection. He had promised to make Legalville a cultural center in spite of other cities in the state the bragged about their fine concert halls art galleries. The museum had been set up in an unused upper floor of the library and was starting to look convincing with the donated artifacts and paintings that he had bagged from a few local professors and business people who were travelers and collectors. But the object in box, this priceless pre-Columbian son god of hammered gold, would authenticate the whole project. Mayor Chen chuckled to himself as he thought how he had cajoled a major insurance company into making the donation, how foxy he had been to have them send it from their headquarters by regular parcel post so as not to draw attention to it, and how he would shine beside it at the unveiling party tonight at his home.
Max Legrise sat at a polished teak desk making final assignments. Eddie Corr would drive the van, Henry Pogue would stand lookout, and Cat Bermuda would slip into the mayor’s drawing room and remove the idol while it lay unattended as the mayor received guests in the front hall. He thanked lmp Satterfield for her impeccable research into the job and Barney Dobson foe weapons procurement, then adjourned to the work of the evening.
Lacey Rude smoothed the apron of her maid’s uniform and peeked at the crowd gathering at the front hall. There was still time before she would be required to arrange trays of refreshments in the dining room. On quiet rubber soles she was soon in the empty drawing room. She hid the idol under her apron and was halfway to the kitchen when a heavy object struck the back of her head.
Pandemonium reigned around the empty pedestal in the drawing room. Mayor Chen fought to keep from sobbing as he told all he knew to the police. There was quiet exultation around the teak desk at Cat told of success in spite of unexpected difficulties. A year later the Legrise gang was reassembled in the custody of police.
Assume that all the facts noted in Case III are correct for the purposes of the two questions below.
1. What, if anything, could Cat Bermuda be convicted of?
2. What, if anything, could Lacey Rude be convicted of?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/1/2011
Tutor: Experienced Teacher, Teacher replied 6 years ago
Experienced Teacher
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Thanks for the answer.

May you please help me to solve this problem.

PROBLEM:

This was going to be the best great Groundhog day bash ever, and Nancy Stroud was glad to see her friends having a good time. It means a lot to have this apartment where they cloud gather their parties. She had been lucky to find a roommate like Lisa Munden with her beautician's income to help with the rent. Nancy's student loan certainly would not have been enough to cover it. Now Nancy's friends from college and Lisa's friends from work and town mingled at the party. Neither Nancy nor Lisa knew all the guests. Each assumed the unknowns were friends of her roommate. As Nancy circulated among the guests she though she saw indications that some of them were using cocaine inside the apartment. Because she did not use drugs herself, she was not sure about her suspicions. After most of the guests had gone, there was a knock at the door and police officers were admitted to the apartment. They found residues of cocaine in several places. Nancy and Lisa were arrested.

Assume all the facts noted in Case V are true for the purposes of the questions below.

1. How would you attack a possession charge against your clients if you were defending them?

2. How would you construct a possession charge against them if you were a prosecutor?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
may you please help me in the 3rd problem.

your answeres were very breif. can you help with the 3rd problem.

MAY YOU PLEASE LOCK MY QUESTIONS-I A WAY THAT NOT TO BE VISIBLE BY OTHER CLIENTS. thanks
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Experienced Teacher
Experienced Teacher
Experienced Teacher, Teacher