Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

The primary purpose of the management process is to (Points…

Customer Question
The primary purpose of the...
The primary purpose of the management process is to: (Points: 5)
develop organizational goals and make logical decisions.
organize the various functions in a logical manner.
ensure that all employees are working together effectively.
achieve organizational goals efficiently and effectively.

2. Achieving organizational goals efficiently and effectively: (Points: 5)
is necessary for making logical decisions.
is the primary purpose of the management process.
ensures that all employees will work together effectively.
rarely occurs in private sector organizations.

3. Based on customer surveys, a manager recognizes that satisfaction is lower than expected. He then calls customers to uncover the source of their dissatisfaction. This represents which function of management? (Points: 5)
Planning
Communication
Leading
Controlling

4. How do top managers spend most of their time? (Points: 5)
Overseeing day-to-day operations
Routine administrative tasks
Implementing plans of first-line managers
Making decisions and creating goals

5. Dale is Superintendent of Dexter High School. His job requirements are not associated with any particular management specialty. Dale would be working in what functional area? (Points: 5)
Operations
Finance
Production
Administration

6. __________ skills are needed for specialized tasks within the organization. (Points: 5)
Human
Organizational
Conceptual
Technical

7. Which managerial skill is likely to be especially important to managers who occupy roles such as disturbance handler, negotiator, and resource allocator? (Points: 5)
Conceptual
Technical
Interpersonal
Analytic

8. The ability to prioritize work, to work efficiently and to delegate appropriately is a(n) __________ skill. (Points: 5)
technical
time-management
conceptual
operational

9. The classical management perspective consists of: (Points: 5)
scientific management and administrative management.
management science and scientific management.
behavioral management and the operations management.
contemporary management and behavioral management.

10. The profits or losses generated by a firm are examples of which aspect of systems theory? (Points: 5)
Outputs
Feedback loops
Transformation processes
Inputs

11. The __________ environment of a business that manufactures top-of-the-line cabinets includes computer-assisted design software that helps to convert wood and people's ideas into lovely, functional cabinets. (Points: 5)
legal
sociocultural
technological
political

12. BMW and Mercedes are best described as: (Points: 5)
strategic allies.
competitors.
customers.
regulators.

13. Which of the following is part of the internal environment of organizations? (Points: 5)
Employees
Regulators
Influence groups
Customers

14. An organization's obligation to protect and enhance the society in which it operates is called: (Points: 5)
legal responsibility.
ethical responsibility.
social responsibility.
cultural responsibility.

15. Clothing made in Sri Lanka and sold in the U.S. is an example of: (Points: 5)
importing/exporting.
licensing.
a joint venture/strategic alliance.
direct investment.

16. When Honda is allowed to import only 425,000 automobiles into the United States each year by the U.S. government, this is an example of a(n): (Points: 5)
quota.
strategic alliance.
joint venture.
franchise agreement.

17. Which of the following represents an economic community? (Points: 5)
European Union (EU)
North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
United Nations (UN)
International Monetary Fund (IMF)

18. U.S. cola producers “voluntarily” limit the number of beverages that they export to India each year. This is an example of: (Points: 5)
an export restraint agreement.
direct investment.
a strategic alliance.
a licensing agreement.

19. France charges taxes on American fruits and vegetables that are sold in France. This is: (Points: 5)
a joint venture.
licensing.
an export tariff.
an import tariff.

20. General Mills and Nestlé established Cereal Partners Worldwide to better compete with Kellogg in Europe. This is an example of: (Points: 5)
global sourcing.
a licensing agreement.
an export restraint agreement.
a joint venture.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Homework
10/1/2011
Tutor: Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work replied 6 years ago
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work