Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

ART ASSIGNMENT---Art Timeline In the final project, you

Customer Question
ART ASSIGNMENT---Art Timeline In the final...
ART ASSIGNMENT---Art Timeline

In the final project, you assume the role of a museum curator who receives the following e-mail from the museum director:

Following a meeting with our museum’s web design team, it is my priority to improve the content of our website. We decided on an interactive timeline focused on one art medium. You must choose an art form. You must also have a common theme for the artwork. If you choose sculpture, your theme might be 20th-century sculpture.

Make sure you do not make the timeline too long. Ten works should suffice. After selecting the 10 works, write a short paragraph to accompany each one. You have approximately 9 weeks before you turn over your content to the design team.

• Review Appendix A for a detailed overview of this assignment in the Materials section online and included at the end of this syllabus.

• Select one art media on which to focus. Examples include painting, architecture, performance art, or film. Whereas these are broad areas, you must select a single medium and focus your timeline.

• Research to find 10 examples of your chosen media that are thematically connected. Examples include the following:

o Linear perspective in European paintings
o Black-and-white film noir
o Greek figural sculpture
o International video art

• Organize, in a Microsoft® Word document, the 10 works in chronological order and include a 100-word paragraph for each in short essay form. Additionally, there should be a brief introduction outlining the medium and theme through a thesis statement, a concluding paragraph, and outside research (at least 3 sources and 1 citation per paragraph).

• Format your timeline consistent with APA guidelines.

I need a link that can be disabled by Monday September 12 PLEASE!!
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Homework
9/7/2011
Tutor: RopTeam, Bachelors Degree replied 6 years ago
RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree

Toneemarie :

Hi looks like an interesting project, I am available to work on it?
Any preferences as to medium? Looking forward to working with you, have a pleasant day o/

Toneemarie :

toneemarie

Customer:

Yes! I actually love photography, so photographic medum would be great!! Thanks!!

Customer:

Here is appendix A

Final Project Overview

Your final project provides the opportunity to apply formal analysis and evaluation skills developed in past weeks. In addition, you have the opportunity to engage in research regarding iconography or symbolism. Researching your theme and selecting works builds appreciation for art and critical thinking skills. The format for your final project must be the following:

(Image of artwork)

Fig. #

Year created

Title of artwork

Artist’s name(s)

Medium

Museum or institution who owns the work

Paragraph in short essay form that includes the following:

Formal analysis: Describe what you see and the design as a whole.

History: In what school of art does it fall?

Interpretation: Is there any symbolism?

Consider the following example:

(image of artwork)

Fig. 1

1987

Landscape with Tree

XXXXX XXXXX

Oil on canvas

Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York

Landscape with Tree by XXXXX XXXXX is an example of American realist painting of the 20th century. The realist style has origins that trace back to the 19th-century French artist Gustave Courbet. Smith is one of the few American artists still engaged in the realist manifesto, which rejects abstraction as a corrupt, elitist form of art. Landscape is an asymmetrical composition. The work achieves a sense of balance through counterbalancing the tree and moon on either side of the picture plane. Although composed in stark black-and-white, Smith’s work achieves an expressive force created by the use of a dynamic, fluid line. The tree in art is often associated with life, renewal, and growth (Grove Art Online, 2007). Smith establishes a contrast between the tree’s symbolism, and the quarter moon.

Toneemarie :

Hi there ok, photography it is thanks for format. Should post draft by friday.

Toneemarie :

tm

RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree

Hi there will post draft by friday or sooner.

tm

sounds good, thanks!

It's coming out good. I do need 10 examples that are thematically connected though, and references too!!

thematically connected, got it. sure all apa formats will be added.

very much appreciated, thanks!!

I think i accepted the answer already, I meant to reply.. I hope this doesn't change anything!!

are you there?

Hi, Just about done!

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Thank you so much!! You are a life saver..the link can be disabled now

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
RopTeam
RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree