Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. A Hindu society in Southeast Asia that resisted both Buddhism

Customer Question
and Islam was: (Points: 5)...
1. A Hindu society in Southeast Asia that resisted both Buddhism and Islam was: (Points: 5)
Bali.
Indonesia.
Thailand.
Cambodia.

2. By the twelfth century, great center of Islamic learning in West Africa was: (Points: 5)
Great Zimbabwe.
Timbuktu.
Mansa Musa.
Niger.

3. The Cape of Good Hope was rounded in 1487 by: (Points: 5)
Abram Voorhies.
Vasco da Gama.
Ferdinand Magellan.
Bartolomeu Dias.

4. The Treaty of Tordesillas: (Points: 5)
divided the “new” areas discovered by Europeans between the English and the French.
divided the “new” areas discovered by Europeans between Spain and Portugal.
gave the English the eastern route around the Cape of Good Hope.
gave the French the eastern route around the Cape of Good Hope.

5. As a result of the publications of Bartolomé de Las Casas: (Points: 5)
Amerindian rights were recognized and respected.
the encomienda system was established.
Amerindians became more maltreated than before.
the Spanish government was more attentive to the needs of the native populations.

6. All of the following were part of the Columbia Exchange EXCEPT: (Points: 5)
cows and horses were introduced into the Western hemisphere.
potatoes and corn was introduced into Europe from the Americas.
potatoes and corn was introduced into the Americas from Europe.
smallpox arrived in the Americas from Europe.

7. The Dutch and Portuguese: (Points: 5)
worked together in Southeast Asia to counter the strength of the French and the Danes.
tried to induce the inhabitants of areas under their control to accept Islam, and thus make them easier to control.
played no part in European trade with Africa.
were bitter trade rivals in Southeast Asia until the Dutch won out.

8. As a result of European expansion into Africa: (Points: 5)
the Mwene Metapa was entirely eliminated by the Portuguese.
the economic conditions of the continent were unaltered.
North African political regimes were toppled by French forces.
internal conflict among native African groups was intensified.

9. The Spanish base of operations in Southeast Asia was established in: (Points: 5)
Malacca.
Vietnam.
Burman lands.
the Philippines.

10. Life in Southeast Asia in the seventeenth century was probably better than it was in other parts of Asia during the same time period because: (Points: 5)
the region had a very cool climate.
the region’s geography provided soils that produced many beneficial products.
most of the region was heavily populated.
its society was dominated by numerous very large cities.

11. Machiavelli’s emphasis that the ends justify the means had been expressed earlier by: (Points: 5)
China’s Confucius.
Japan’s Minamoto.
India’s Kautilya.
Rome’s Cicero.

12. The individual who “laid the egg that Luther hatched” was: (Points: 5)
Machiavelli.
Erasmus.
Gutenberg.
Calvin.

13. Among the complaints of religious Europeans around 1500 was: (Points: 5)
the belief that Catholic Christianity was being infiltrated by Eastern Orthodox and even Islamic doctrines.
the belief that the clergy were too interested in financial matters and disinterested in religion.
dissatisfaction with the orthodox beliefs and practices of the church.
the charge that Pope Erasmus wanted to divide the church.

14. The city most associated with Calvin is: (Points: 5)
Berne.
Paris.
Geneva.
Rome.

15. After Henry VIII’s marriage to Catherine of Aragon was annulled by the Archbishop of Canterbury: (Points: 5)
the English clergy forced him to take her back.
Pope Clement VII reinstated the marriage.
Charles V attacked England.
Parliament finalized England’s religious break with Rome by passing the Act of Supremacy, making Henry the head of the Anglican Church.

16. Which of the following is a correct statement about life in Protestant Europe in the 1500s and 1600s? (Points: 5)
Clergy were required to remain celibate.
Ministers were allowed to get married and have families.
England’s Henry VIII established the Lutheran Church in his kingdom.
Differences with Catholics were always resolved peacefully.

17. The legacy Louis XIV left to France was: (Points: 5)
control, finally, over the foreign trade of the Netherlands.
a hugely expanded territorial domain.
a nation that was financially destitute.
the friendship of the rest of Europe.

18. James I alienated England’s Parliament because of
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2011
Tutor: Kathy, Teacher replied 6 years ago
Kathy
Kathy, Teacher

Kathy :

working ont he questions

Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
  • 1. Indonesia.
  • 2. Timbuktu.
  • 3. Bartolomeu Dias.
  • 4. divided the "new" areas discovered by Europeans between Spain and Portugal
  • 5. Amerindian rights were recognized and respected.
    6. potatoes and corn was introduced into the Americas from Europe.
  • 7. were better trade rivals in Southeast Asia until the Dutch won out.
  • 8. internal conflict among native African groups was intensified.
  • 9. The Philippines
  • 10. the region's geography provided soils that produced many beneficial products
  • 11. India's Kautilya.
    12. Erasmus
  • 13. the belief that the clergy were too interested in financial matters and disinterested in religion
  • 14. Geneva
  • 15. Parliament finalized England's religious break with Rome by passing the Act of Supremacy, making Henry the head of the Anglican Church.
  • 16. Ministers were allowed to get married and have families.
  • 17- A nation that was financially destitute
  • 18 divine right of kings.

Above are your answers I hope they help. Thanks

sorry this didn t copy on

19. After the Turks were defeated in 1687 all of Hungary, Transylvania, Croatia, and Slovenia came under Habsburg rule, thus establishing in southeastern Europe the: (Points: 5)
German Empire.
Holy Roman Empire.
Austrian Empire.
Bohemian Empire.

20. As a result of the Glorious Revolution, England became a: (Points: 5)
republic.
divine right monarchy.
federated commonwealth.
constitutional monarchy.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Kathy
Kathy
Kathy, Teacher