Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY ONLINE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO THAT i CAN

IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY ONLINE...

IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY ONLINE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO THAT I CAN OBTAIN THE INFORMATION FOR MY ASSIGNMENT WHICH IS DUE TODAY.

ON ANOTHER NOTE - THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HARD WORK YOU DO!!!

8/31/2011
atluriram
atluriram, Professor

atluriram :

hello sir

atluriram :

I am available online right now

atluriram :

please let me know the details

atluriram :

with regards

atluriram :

atluri ramesh

Customer:

I CANNOT RETRIEVE THE RESPONSE YOU SENT ME EARLIER THIS MORNING.I HAVE TRIED ALL DAY TO DOWNLOAD THE ANSWER AND ALL I GET IS A BLANK PAGE. WOULD YOU EITHER CUT AND PASTE THE INFORMATION HERE OR TRY TO RESEND IT. WHICH EVER METHOD THAT WILL GET IT TO ME QUICKLY. I NEED TO SUBMIT THE ASSIGNMENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Customer:

THANK YOU

atluriram :

just wait

atluriram :

Sir

atluriram :

you can download here and tell me did you got

atluriram :

if not

atluriram :

------------

atluriram :

Access the most recent financial statements from the annual report of Procter & Gamble. Be sure to provide a link to the statements in your report. Examine all pension information available in the statements as well as the annual report and report your findings. Make general comments about the company's pension plan based upon what you view in the statements

As a part of statutory and social obligations, the Procter & Gamble Company offered post employment benefits to certain employees which include pension plans such as defined contribution plans, defined benefit plans, health care plans, life insurance plans etc. The company has pension liability payable to the employees. For the fiscal year 2011, the Procter & Gamble has total liability of pension benefits around $4,388 million. Besides the company has the liability of other postretirement benefits of $1,887 million. In order to determine benefit obligations, the discount rate of 5.3% is used whereas it was just 5.0% during the year of 2010. However, the rate of 5.7% is used for other benefits for the fiscal year of 2011.

During the beginning of the year, Procter & Gamble has pension benefits obligation of $11,245 million and at the end of the year it comes to $12,229 million. During the year, the company made payments towards pension benefits amounting to $492 million. The pension benefit is charged with the interest cost of $588 million besides service cost of $270 million. The accumulated benefit obligation for all defined benefit retirement plan for the fiscal year 2011 is $10,436 million. For the year of 2010 it was about $9,708 million.

The Procter & Gamble has minimum liability of the pension funding is $1,070 million. However, the company has liability of $391 million within one year period and $679 million within three years period. In order to meet the pension liabilities, the company maintaining the physical cash of 2% for the estimated liability. Besides, the company made investments in debt securities amounting 51% of estimated liability and 47% in Equity securities so that the company will be in a position to meet the pension liability.

Accordingly, the company has made charge on some assets and these show the value of $7,962 million to meet such liability towards pension benefits. Level 1 pension benefits charged with the $268 million assets, Level 2 pension benefits charges with $7,639 million whereas Level 3 pension benefits charges with the Assets of $55 million. Out of such assets company also able to receive interest $68 million through government bonds.

The company also estimated future payments towards pension. During the year of 2012, the company has liability of $534 million and in 2013 it is estimated $535 million. For the year 2014, an amount of $560 million and $573 million in the year of 2015. Similar, 605 million estimated for the year of 2016. The projection of $3,494 million shown as the expected payment of pension liability for the period of 2017 to 2021.

REFERENCE :

1. http://secfilings.nyse.com/files.php?symbol=PG

2. http://secfilings.nyse.com/files.php?symbol=PG&fg=24

atluriram
atluriram, Professor
atluriram
atluriram
atluriram, Professor