Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. Which type of financial ratio statement is used to judge how

1. Which type of financial...
1. Which type of financial ratio statement is used to judge
how well an organization will be able to meet its short-term
financial obligations?
A. Debt C. Liquidity
B. Activity D. Profitability
2. According to equity theory, when workers perceive an
inequity, they will
A. always increase their efforts in the future.
B. leave for a similar job in a different organization.
C. try to reestablish an equitable feeling in a number
of ways.
D. generally be mistaken in their perceptions.
3. What aspect of an employee can be analyzed with the
following connecting sequence?
Needs ? Drives or motives ? Achievement of goals
A. Needs C. Achievement
B. Motivation D. Goals
4. Which one of the following philosophies makes every employee a quality inspector for
his or her own work?
A. Six sigma C. Kaizen
B. Quality at the source D. TQM
5. According to Maslow’s theory, what happens when a need is satisfied?
A. The need disappears and won’t appear again.
B. Another higher-level need emerges that needs to be satisfied.
C. The need will continue to motivate a person but not as strongly.
D. The person will become motivated by more money.
6. Of the following types of organizations, which one is eligible for the Malcolm Baldrige
National Quality Reward?
A. Federal government organization C. Education organization
B. Local government organization D. Foreign organization
7. What type of control is based on direct, personal surveillance?
A. Behavior control C. Preliminary control
B. Output control D. Impersonal control
8. JIT is also called a _______ system because items are produced or ordered only when
they’re needed by the next stage in a production process.
A. demand push C. supply push
B. demand pull D. supply pull
9. A department manager is attempting to motivate employees by moving them from one
job to another. What is this strategy called?
A. Job enlargement C. Job rotation
B. Job enrichment D. Job justification
10. Which statement is most accurate regarding reinforcement theory?
A. Attainable goals lead to high levels of motivation under certain conditions.
B. Perceptions of unfairness are viewed as punishments and reduce productivity.
C. Management style is based on the extent to which worker behaviors are reinforced.
D. Positive and negative reinforcers motivate a person to behave in a certain way.
11. What type of budgeting requires each manager to justify an entire budget request
in detail?
A. Zero-base budgeting
B. Capital budgeting
C. Revenue and expense budgeting
D. Balance sheet budgeting
12. Controls designed to identify existing problem before they get out of hand are called
_______ controls.
A. concurrent C. postaction
B. preliminary D. budgetary
13. One of the most popular approaches to implementing TQM is the _______ method.
A. Raven C. McClelland
B. Carter D. Deming
14. Harry Leggett has worked for Stanley Industries for a number of years. He has just been
passed over for promotion—again. Therefore, he’s considering leaving his employer. He
believes that his managers don’t appreciate his abilities. The only problem is that he
really likes his coworkers. Harry is mainly concerned with satisfying _______ needs.
A. esteem C. self-actualization
B. social D. safety
15. Which one of the following expenses is an example of a variable cost?
A. Travel expenses C. Direct labor
B. Real estate taxes D. Rent
16. The _______ approach to performance appraisal is most frequently used for employees
who are involved in physically making a product.
A. production standards C. graphic rating scale
B. essay assessment D. check-off
17. One of Herzberg’s hygiene factors is
A. achievement. C. salary.
B. the work itself. D. recognition.
18. The two aspects of an effective operating system are design and
A. control. C. standardization.
B. implementation. D. ease of use.
19. Which one of the following statements describes the actions of an organization
practicing TQM?
A. Maximize ROI.
B. Emphasize the short term.
C. Make improvement goals easy and attainable.
D. Make customer needs the highest priority.
20. What area of the control pyramid requires a human response?
A. Automatic controls C. Foolproof controls
B. Supervisory controls D. Operator controls
8/31/2011
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work