Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Mgt 100 intro to business 91-100 and ex. 2 1-9 Question

Mgt 100 intro to business...
Mgt 100 intro to business 91-100 and ex. 2 1-9

Question 91 1 points Save
Which of the following managerial styles generally asks for input from subordinates before making decisions, but retains final decision-making power?
autocratic
free-rein
democratic
authoritative
contingency

Question 92 1 points Save
A way of increasing job satisfaction by using different approaches to working hours and the workweek is called
job redesign.
job modification.
modified work scheduling.
MBO.
participative management.

Question 93 1 points Save
Performing some or all of a job away from standard office settings is called
a flextime program.
job enlargement.
telecommuting.
work sharing.
job enrichment.

Question 94 1 points Save
The key to telecommuting is
office space.
travel time.
distance from home to the office.
technology.
where the library is located.

Question 95 1 points Save
Time and motion studies are associated with which theory of management?
behavior theory
human relations theory
two-factor theory
scientific management
expectancy theory

Question 96 1 points Save
A(n) _____________ is the set of expectations held by employees concerning what they will contribute to an organization and what the organization will provide in return.
psychological contract
employee contract
inducement
satisfaction agreement
contribution

Question 97 1 points Save
Which of the following managerial styles would be useful in situations testing a firm's effectiveness as a time-based competitor?
democratic
autocratic
free-rein
consultative
contingency

Question 98 1 points Save
According to Abraham Maslow, workers are motivated by
money.
their lowest level of unsatisfied need.
responsibility and recognition.
job security.
attention from supervisors.

Question 99 1 points Save
__________ is a system of collaborative goal settings that extends from the top of an organization to the bottom.
Equity theory
Two-factor theory
Hygiene theory
Management by objectives
Empowerment

Question 100 1 points Save
The key to MBO is
communicating.
meeting.
controlling.
collaborative activity.
all of the above.

Question 1 1 points Save
Which are the two major fields of accounting?
financial and managerial
primary and secondary
industrial and consumer
clerical and managerial
paper and computer

Question 2 1 points Save
______________ is concerned with external users of information: consumer groups, unions, stockholders, and government agencies.
Managerial accounting
Government accounting
Minor accounting
Financial accounting
Stock market accounting

Question 3 1 points Save
When you subtract cost of goods sold from revenues, you obtain
net income.
gross profit.
accounts payable.
interest expense.
none of the above.

Question 4 1 points Save
Owners' Equity is
the amount of money that owners would receive if they sold all of a firm's assets and paid all of its liabilities.
a debt owed by a firm to an outside organization or individual.
any economic resource expected to benefit a firm or an individual who owns it.
the amount of money originally invested in a business by its owners.
the profits earned by and reinvested in the company.

Question 5 1 points Save
A(n) ___________ is an economic resource that is expected to benefit a firm or individual who owns it.
asset
liability
equity
account
none of the above

Question 6 1 points Save
The spread of democracy and public interest groups are examples of a(n) __________ force as described in the CPA Vision Project.
technical
economic
political
social
regulatory

Question 7 1 points Save
The formula for earnings per share is
(cost of goods sold)/(average inventory).
(debt)/(owners' equity).
(current assets)/(current liabilities).
(net income)/(number of common shares outstanding).
(net income)/(owners' equity).

Question 8 1 points Save
______________ offer accounting services to the public and are licensed at the state level.
Bookkeepers
Certified Public Accountants
Certified Management Accountants
Controllers
Financial planners

Question 9 1 points Save
_____________ is the ability of a firm to finance an investment through borrowed funds.
Liquidity
Leverage
Solvency
Profitability
Working capital
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/28/2011
atluriram
atluriram, Professor
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
atluriram
atluriram, Professor
atluriram
atluriram
atluriram, Professor