Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. Atypical eating behaviors people use to achieve lower

1. Atypical eating...
1. Atypical eating behaviors people use to achieve lower body-weight are known as

A. self-starvation.
B. bulimia.
C. anorexia.
D. disordered eating.

2. What is a tool that uses both height and weight for determining whether someone is overweight and includes health hazard indicators?

A. Body mass index
B. Skin fold analysis
C. Bioelectrical impedance indicators
D. Height/weight charts

3. Which of the following is not considered an ergogenic aid?

A. Chromium
B. Anabolic steroids
C. Lipids
D. GHB

4. Prolonged low-carbohydrate, high-protein dieting may result in the potentially harmful process of

A. ketosis.
B. acidosis.
C. carbohydrate loading.
D. metabolism.

5. Multifactorial disease is the same as

A. obesity.
B. cirrhosis.
C. fetal alcohol syndrome.
D. anorexia.

6. The view that the body tends to maintain a certain comfortable weight by means of its internal controls is called

A. fat cell theory.
B. set-point theory.
C. malfunctioning internal cue.
D. external cue theory.

7. The purpose of a cool down is to

A. minimize sweat excretion.
B. allow the body to recover from exercise.
C. increase body temperature.
D. allow fluids to be absorbed into the bloodstream.

8. Which of the following can occur in athletes when extra blood volume dilutes iron concentrations?

A. Anaerobic sprain
B. Dehydration
C. Concussion
D. Sports anemia

9. Which of the following is a correct statement about muscle dysmorphia?

A. Muscle dysmorphia is a new term for anorexia nervosa.
B. Muscle dysmorphia is atrophy of muscles due to lack of use.
C. Muscle dysmorphia is the result of bulimia nervosa.
D. Muscle dysmorphia is a growing reverse anorexia unique to a single person.

10. Which of the following is a fairly simple body density assessment technique?

A. Scale
B. Skinfold caliper
C. Quick-estimate "rule of thumb"
D. Height/weight chart

11. The term for the ratio of a person's body-weight to height is

A. basal metabolism.
B. height-weight chart.
C. body mass index.
D. body composition.

12. At the age of 50, Pete decides to begin a fitness program. What would be his
maximum heart rate (MHR) rate?

A. 102
B. 170
C. 50
D. 142

13. Which of the following is another term for carbohydrate loading?

A. Glycogen loading
B. Glycolysis
C. Performance enhancement
D. Glycogen maximization
14. Approximately _______ percent of individuals with anorexia die within ten years of diagnosis.

A. 30
B. 90–95
C. 5–20
D. 50

15. A chronically inflamed and sore throat plus worn tooth enamel and intestinal distress could be signs of

A. electrolyte imbalance.
B. bulimia nervosa.
C. colon cancer.
D. ribose intolerance.

16. To achieve health, one should _______ daily

A. exercise to achieve 64–90% of maximal heart rate
B. do any activity at any level
C. concentrate on aerobic activity
D. exercise for 20–60 minutes

17. How do you estimate your maximum heart rate?

A. Determine your weight.
B. Add your age to 220.
C. Determine your blood pressure.
D. Subtract your age from 220.

18. Which of the following can help to develop cardiovascular fitness?

A. Running
B. Bicep curls
C. Static stretches
D. Hip extensions

19. A trace mineral that enhances the action of insulin is

A. ghb.
B. chromium.
C. creatine.
D. carnitine.

20. Reduced physical activity increases risk for

A. hypertension.
B. bronchitis.
C. headaches.
D. stomach cancer.

21. Use of anabolic steroids can cause

A. aggressiveness.
B. nutrient increase.
C. weight loss.
D. fertility.

22. The key to gaining weight is to eat frequent meals throughout the day and

A. stop burning calories with exercise.
B. get most of your calories from fat.
C. eat more than 2,000 calories a day.
D. eat energy dense foods.

23. _______ is a theory that suggests that some people possess a gene that causes them expend less energy than those who don't possess this gene.

A. Behavior
B. Thrifty gene
C. Set-point
D. Economic

24. Stapling a small section of the stomach to reduce total food intake is called

A. gastric banding.
B. gastric bypass.
C. gastric verticality.
D. gastroplasty.

25. What is a healthy weight range for someone who's five feet seven inches tall?

A. 121–160 lbs
B. 91–119 lbs
C. 156–205 lbs
D. 148–195 lbs
6/13/2011
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work

Hello, and thanks for the request.

What is your deadline for this exam?

2 hours from now.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work