Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. The Hamilton Brush Company issued 2,500 shares of common

Customer Question
1. The Hamilton...
1. The Hamilton Brush Company issued 2,500 shares of common stock worth $100,000.00 total. What is the par value of each share? A. $250.00 B. $400.00 C. $40.00 D. $25.00

2. Marlin Davies buys a truck for $28,000. In three years, the car depreciates 48% in value. How much is the car worth in three years?A. $12,005 B. $14,000 C. $27,052
D. $14,560
3. In a health insurance policy, a statement that an applicant won't be covered for a certain pre-existing condition is called a/an A. waiting period. B. major medical coverage.
C. supplement. D. exclusion.
5. Jane Marko buys a car for $11,400.00. In three years, the car depreciates 48% in value. How much is the car worth in three years? A. $5,472.00 B. $5,928.00 c. $4,788.00
D. $3,800.00
6. All insurance is based on a principle called A. premium earnings. B. cash value coverage. C. division of risk. D. investment premiums
7. The coverage included in an automobile insurance policy that covers property damage is _______ insurance A. major medical B. supplemental C. term D. liabilit

8. Which one of the following items is an example of software? A. Mouse
B. Printer C. Word-processing program D. Keyboard
9. The major difference between a calculator and a computer, when performing calculations, is that a A. calculator is slower and needs more human assistance.
B. calculator is faster but needs more human assistance.
C. computer is faster but needs more human assistance.
D. computer is slower but needs less human assistance.
10. Lorenzo has a checkbook balance of $118.00. He writes two checks, one for $9.00 and one for $84.25. He then deposits $95.00. Finally, he uses his calculator to determine his new balance. Which one of the following series represents the correct order in which he should press the keys on his calculator? A. 118 – 95 + 84.25 – 9
B. 118 – 9 – 84.25 + 95 C. .25 = 118 + 9 / 95 D. 95 – 118 + 9 – 84.25
11. A share of stock in the Bree Medical Supply Company is quoted at 35 1/4 . Suppose you hold 20 shares of that stock, which you bought at 31 1/2. If you sold your stock at 35 1/4, which of the following would be true? A. You made a profit of $705.00.
B. You suffered a loss of $630.00. C. You made a profit of $75.00.
D. You suffered a loss of $75.00.
12. With _______ insurance, the insured agrees to pay a specific premium each year until death. A. limited-payment B. half life C. whole-life D. endowment life

13. On which of the following types of policies is it a certainty that the insurance company will have to make payment? (We have assumed that the policy has been kept current, payments have been made, and the insurance company remains in business.) A. Medical insurance B. Life insurance C. Liability insurance D. Comprehensive car insurance
14. XXXXX XXXXX bought a basic car for $8,250.00, with options that cost $324.00. There's a 6% sales tax in his state and a combined $50.00 license and registration fee. What was John's total cost? A. $10,000.00 B. $14,247.00 C. $9,138.44 D. $9,141.44
15. Which of the following is intended primarily to enhance a person's tax advantage and retirement income A. Growth fund B. Money market fund C. IRA D. U.S. Savings Bond
16. Which of the following best describes term life insurance? A. The insured pays the premium until his or her death.
B. The insured is covered during his or her entire lifetime.
C. The insured pays a premium for a specified number of years.
D. The insured can borrow or collect the cash value of the policy.
17. The Waverly Brush Company issued 4,000 shares of common stock worth $200,000.00 total. What is the par value of each share? A. $400 B. $40 C. $500
D. $50
18. Your _______ should furnish enough money to live on, in an emergency, for six months A. interest B. investments C. savings D. IRA
19. A master plan is devised for A. investments. B. short-term goals. C. emergencies.
D. long-range goals.

20. Ray Cupple bought a basic car costing $10,150.00, with options costing $738.00. There is a 6% sales tax in his state and a combined $50.00 license and registration fee. What was Ray's total cost A. $11,541.28 B. $11,591.28 C. $10,938.00
D. $11,547.00
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2011
Tutor: atluriram, Professor replied 6 years ago
atluriram
atluriram, Professor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
atluriram
atluriram
atluriram, Professor