Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. What happens when the mass of either of the balls is increased

in the simulation? (Points...
1. What happens when the mass of either of the balls is increased in the simulation? (Points : 6)
The balls decrease in size
The balls increase in size
The balls increase in speed
Nothing in either of the chambers changes

2. What happens when the temperature on the red side of the chamber is lowered in the simulation? (Points : 6)
The red balls decrease in speed
The red balls increase in speed
The speed of the red balls does not change
The red balls increase in size

3. Under which of the following conditions would the size of the balls be the largest in the simulation? (Points : 6)
When the mass is set at 2 amu for both the red and blue sides
When the mass is set at 50 amu for both the red and blue sides
When the mass is set at 100 amu for both the red and blue sides
When the mass is set at 199 amu for both the red and blue sides

4. What happens when the number of balls is increased in the simulation? (Points : 6)
The balls have less room to move around so they get into more collisions
The balls increase in speed
The internal pressure decreases
The balls increase in size

5. Under which of the following conditions would the most collisions occur? (Points : 6)
When the number of particles is set at 1 for both the red and blue sides
When the number of particles is set at 25 for both the red and blue sides
When the number of particles is set at 50 for both the red and blue sides
When the number of particles is set at 99 for both the red and blue sides

6. Under which of the following conditions would result in the highest internal pressure in the chambers? (Points : 6)
When the temperature is set at 10 K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 1 for both the red and blue sides
When the temperature is set at 10 K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 25 for both the red and blue sides
When the temperature is set at 10 K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 50 for both the red and blue sides
When the temperature is set at 10 K, mass set at 199 amu and the number is XXXXX at 99 for both the red and blue sides

7. How does lowering the temperature of the chambers in the simulation change the speed at which the molecules move? (Points : 6)
The balls move slower
The balls move faster
There is no change in the speed of the balls
It causes the balls to increase in size

8. Under which of the following conditions would the balls reach equilibrium (mix), most quickly? (Points : 6)
When the temperature is set at 10 K for both the red and blue sides
When the temperature is set at 5000 K for both red and blue sides
When the temperature is set at 10 K for the red side and 5000 K for the blue side
When the temperature is set at 9990 K for both the red and blue sides

9. Under which of the following conditions would the balls move the slowest? (Points : 6)
When the temperature is set at 2500 K for both the red and blue sides
When the temperature is set at 5000 K for both the red and blue sides

10. Which of the following examples would contain the fastest moving particles? (Points : 6)
A pot of Boiling water
A dish of ice cream
A popsicle
A cup of coffee

11. It takes much longer for 40,000 gallons of water in a stream to move down a hill when it is frozen in the middle of the winter than it does as a liquid in the middle of summer. Why does it take more time for the water to move when it is frozen? (Points : 6)
The molecules in the water move more quickly when they are frozen in the winter
The molecules in the water move at the same rate in the summer as they do in the winter
The molecules in the water move more slowly when they are frozen in the winter
The molecules in the water move more slowly when they are a fluid in the summer.

12. Under which of the following temperatures would a spoonful of honey dissolve at the slowest rate in a cup of tea? (Points : 6)
When the tea is at 450 F
When the tea is at 750 F
When the tea is at 1000 F
When the tea is at 2000 F

13. When making a cup of hot cocoa, the instructions indicate that you should heat the milk before adding the chocolate powder. Based on what you’ve learned in the molecules lab, why are you instructed to heat the milk? (Points : 6)
Increasing the temperature makes the milk taste better
Increasing the temperature causes the molecules in the milk to move more slowly which encourages mixing
Increasing the temperature causes the molecules in the milk to move more quickly which encourages mixing
Increasing the temperature does not change the behavior of the molecules in the milk in any way

1
5/24/2011
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work