Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

For CHER Civics High School. I am on if your ready for questions

For CHER: Civics High School. I...
For CHER: Civics High School.
I am on if your ready for questions we are stuck on?i have been feelin under
the weather,flu/allergies,i am better now.
how are you chula?cuidate ahora.waiting for your reply thx!
5/12/2011
Cher
Cher, Teacher
Hi again, Farrah!

I'm so sorry you were not feeling well! Glad to hear you're better, now! : )

Please send the questions and exam number.

Hasta pronto,
Cher
sure.

first god-daughter again say farrah the school mix em up lol PF.so here is the question(s)just in case!
and exam is under THE POLITICAL PROCESS
says exam number is:
986039rr"the examination number"
is what it say in her online(exam)
and in her booklet for study.

see below:

New Groton, Connecticut, is the location of the

A. Naval Command Center.
B. Air Force Academy.
C. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
D. Coast Guard Academy.

The XYZ PAC operates on behalf of the XYZ interest group. Which campaign behavior of the XYZ PAC would be against current law?

A. The PAC contributes $4,000 to the campaigns of Kroll, Loon, Marble, and Noonkester for a total of $16,000.
B. The PAC contributes $2,000 to Kroll and $4,000 to Loon because both claim to support the PAC's legislative goals.
C. The PAC creates its own campaign for candidate Kroll and contributes to the campaign of candidate Loon.
D. The PAC contributes $6,000 to candidate Kroll and $2,000 to candidate Loon.

A basic position in American foreign policy has been that America must defend its foreign interests related to trade and security. The main foreign policy position opposed to this American policy is called

A. imperialism.
B. isolationism.
C. militarism.
D. federalism.
You don't really approve of the idea of political parties. However, you're known as a Federalist and are soon associated with that party. Chances are good that your name isXXXXX
B. James Madison.
C. Abraham Lincoln.
D. XXXXX XXXXX.
The outcome of the 2000 presidential election was decided by a

A. majority vote of the electoral college.
B. decision of the Supreme Court.
C. majority of the popular vote.
D. careful recount of the Florida votes.

B. decision of the Supreme Court.
C. majority of the popular vote.

B. decision of the Supreme Court.
C. majority of the popular vote.
Suppose you're interested in finding information on your senators and representatives and on current bills before Congress. Which one of the following resources would be best for this purpose?

A. Television
B. Your local newspaper
C. Your public library
D. History books

Under the _______ Amendment, you have the right to know the charges brought against you and to question witnesses who bring evidence against you.

A. Second
B. Fifth
C. First
D. Sixth

Among third-party candidates, which one is thought to have split the conservative vote in a recent election?

A. Ralph Nader
B. Pat Buchanan
C. XXXXX XXXXX
D. Ross Perot
The main downside of political action committees is

A. their support of the military-industrial complex.
B. their opposition to democracy.
C. the corporate groups can outspend the citizen groups.
D. the powerful influence of PAC lobbies on legislation.
Which of these statements about the Cuban Missile Crisis is true?

A. Nikita Khrushchev wished to goad Kennedy into invading Cuba and starting a war.
B. President Kennedy removed nuclear missiles from Turkey to resolve the crisis.
C. President Kennedy called Nikita Khrushchev on the hotline.
D. Fidel Castro's government had manufactured guided missiles.
If you were a specialist working for the National Security Agency, your main job would likely be

A. working in the field to carry out covert operations.
B. analyzing and breaking coded messages.
C. analyzing data from spy satellites.
D. electronic surveillance.
Regarding the Electoral College, which of the following statements is false?

A. If there were 600 electors, 301 electoral votes would win the presidential election.
B. Electors vote on the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December.
C. The electoral college is located in Washington, D.C.
D. The electoral vote results are transmitted to the Secretary of State.
Which one of the following individuals would be most likely to vote?

A. A 19-year-old high school graduate who likes to complain about the government
B. A 50-year-old corporate executive who holds a master's degree in business
C. A 22-year-old computer programmer
D. A 30-year-old college graduate who has just moved to a new state
The largest proportion of federal revenues comes from

A. social insurance taxes.
B. borrowing.
C. excise taxes.
D. personal income taxes.

primary source for getting specific information on a particular bill is

A. the Congressional Record.
B. the Constitution.
C. your state representative.
D. Washington daily newspapers.
Which one of the following statements is most accurate for law enforcement?

A. Law enforcement officers are mainly required to uphold the law.
B. Law enforcement agencies are employed by the court system.
C. Ordinary police officers aren't required to understand how to gather evidence.
D. There is no county law enforcement department.
Regarding use of the media, spin can best be defined as

A. deliberately fabricating information.
B. meaningless arguments.
C. arguments based on emotion rather than reason.
D. casting a positive light on negative facts.
Why does the Central Intelligence Agency have more freedom of action than other federal agencies?

A. It carries out U.S. foreign policy under the FBI.
B. Both its budget and operations are secret.
C. It answers to Congress only for its financial needs.
D. The agency doesn't report to anyone.
Which one of the following political interest groups falls into the organized labor category?

A. National Broadcasting Corporation
B. National Education Association
C. American Rifle Association
D. National Audubon Society

sure do feel better! gracias chula,
por.(for your concern)i am way better.
and i help her wit the other one earlier
more on the constitution,

but i have some of
the ones i did not know yet from mi legal studies
i have em save.(but i get to the ones i have save)
i am stuck on with her later.(anytime by or before
10:30,the other one by or before midnight,hoping we
can do both tonight thank you. i am here....

Farrah.
Hi again, Farrah.

Thanks for the questions! I'll get back to you with the answers as soon as I can, but I don't know if it can be before 10:30. I'll try my best!

Regards,
Cher
yea 10:30 or 11 is fine thank you.

i am here.

i know some but not all thank you.

ok.

from farrah.
Ok, Farrah, no problem.

I'm should have them by 11 or before.

Regards,
Cher : )
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Cher
Cher, Teacher
ha! i did some for her,we research her text book,along with online i got a few wrong! but yours when comparing were actually all right!lol she is saying,that is ok but i feel bad lol i went with 4 and 5,7,11,all diff from your answers,so i was wrong,however she still got a 80.

i think that next time i stick with you!lol

thank you. i have the other ones,tonight if your ready i will just place below just in case.

i am up till next 2 hours thank you.so no real rush,up till 1 CHER.

i put them here in one sec.or a discrete new post/thread?

i will meanwhile go clik on ACCEPT.; thank you!

farrah

Hi again, Farrah!

I'm so glad they were all right!

You can start a new thread for the other question, starting with "For Cher", of course! : )

Cher
k! i m givin a bigger bonus this round,since i am still up.i actually was entering wrong amount! sorry but WILL fix that easily this round thanx. i put other questions in othe r discrete thread/post.ok i am up till one.ok. (i actually got alot of them toward the last ones)i think they are right.
ok thank you.
farrah.
Thanks so much, Farrah for your accept and most generous bonus! I will look now, at the other thread for the new questions.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher
Cher
Cher, Teacher