Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Of the following, which is NOT a feature of sensory memory

Of the following, which is NOT a feature of sensory memory?
A) It allows for word recognition by briefly holding strings of speech sounds so that related sounds can be grouped as words.
B) It stores sensations without perceptions.
C) It maintains visual images despite interruptions caused by blinking.
D) It facilitates permanent storage through the process of chunking.

2. A person conveying an episodic memory is most likely to say which of the following?
A) “I understand why...”
B) “I know that...”
C) “I remember when...”
D) “I know how to...”

"I am always so hyper when I study since I drink a lot of coffee. During exams, I don't have caffeine so I can relax and concentrate." According to state-dependent learning, this student should consider ______.
A) rethink his relaxation during tests because sometimes it is best to be psyched for a test
B) study earlier in the day to take advantage of the primacy effect
C) taking the exams in the same room in which he learned the information
D) taking the exams in a different room from that in which he learned the information
E) being in the same emotional and physiological state during an exam as he was while studying

4. Poor ______ results in poor ______ cues, which makes recall difficult.
A) maintenance rehearsal; elaborative rehearsal
B) encoding; retrieval
C) development of schemas; echoic
D) chunking; visual

5. For this question, you need to look up the class results from the PsykTrek simulation in which you determined if a word was in printed in capital letters, or if rhymed with another word, or if it represented something that has a mouth. (Go to the learning module on Short-Term Memory & Thought and open the folder titled 'Levels of Processing' to look up the results.) According to the results, did the class on average recognize more that were encoded structurally, phonemically, or semantically?
A) The class recognized more words that were encoded structurally than were encoded at the other two levels.
B) There were no differences in the number of words encoded structurally versus phonemically versus semantically.
C) The results were inconclusive.
D) The class recognized more words that were encoded semantically than were encoded at the other two levels.
E) The class recognized more words that were encoded phonemically than were encoded at the other two levels.

6. Why should a college student, such as yourself, care about the levels of processing theory?
A) It shows that the way you encode material influences how easily you can retrieve it.
B) The levels of processing can influence your social skills.
C) One day an employer may ask about it.
D) It demonstrates how important explicit memory is for effective studying and test taking.

7. A witness of a bank robbery is asked if she remembers the bank manager wearing a tie. Considering the reconstructive nature of memory, it is MOST LIKELY the witness will ______.
A) say "yes" because male bank managers usually wear ties
B) say she is "not sure"
C) say "yes" and add the color of the tie
D) say "no" because there was too much going on at the time of the robbery to remember such a detail

B) say she is "not sure"

B) say she is "not sure"

B) say she is "not sure"

B) say she is "not sure"
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.