Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. A doctor fails to detect or disclose painful birth defects

Customer Question
in time to permit an...
1. A doctor fails to detect or disclose painful birth defects in time to permit an abortion. Under what tort can the child sue?

a. Wrongful death
b. Wrongful life
c. Hippocratic Oath
d. Duty theory

2. The proper form of social interaction in a given culture or community is called

a. etiquette
b. eithics
c. metaethics
d. philosophy

3. An epidemic tht becomes very widespread and affects a whole region is called a

a. formulary
b. vaccination
c. disaster
d. pandemic

Which type of normative ethics theory describes deciding to abort a woman's pregnancy to save the woman's life?

a. Virtue thory
b. Duty theory
c. Consequentialist theory
d. Confidentiality theory

5. Which of the following statements about assisted suicide is true?

a. Dr. Jack Kervokian is an advocate againist assisted suicide.
b. Assisted suicide doesn't require a patient's consent.
c. Oregon has a statute permitting assisted suicide.
d. Assisted suicide is legal in all of the United States.

6. The U.S. Supreme Court case that applied the right to privace to abortion is

a. Griswold v. Connecticut
b. Cruzan v. Director, Missouri Department of Health
c. Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey.
d. Roe v. Wade

7. The type of advance medical directive that the AMA recommends is

a. a living will.
b. an undue burden test.
c. a durable power of attorney
d. euthanasia

8. According to the AAMA Code of Ethics, members of the AAMA should always

a. help teminally ill patients terminate thier lives.
b. render sirvie with full respect for the dignity of humanity.
c. ensure compliance with state law concerning advance medical directives.
d. dress professionally manner and be polite to other medical professionals.

9. Which of the following statements abouty privilege is true?

a. Privilege can never be waived by either the patient or the dortor.
b. Privilege can be waived only by the patient.
c. Privilege can be waived by the doctor with notice to the patient.
d. Privilege can be waived by the doctor and patient together.

10. When someone uses a peson's name or other parts of his or he identity without the person's consent, it's called

a. breach of confidentiality.
b. wrongful life tort.
c. medical identity theft
d. advanced medical directives

11. The Paient Self-Determaination Act requires all hospitals that recieve Medicare and Medicaid funding to

a. assit in the suicides of teminallly ill patients with chronic pain
b. document whether a patient has an advance medical directive.
c. encourage all terminal patients to file a living will with the state.
d. seek consent from family members to discontinue treatment.

12. Ethical theories attempt to

a. recommend consepts of right and wrong.
b. prescribe religious beliefs for all people
c. describe specific, polite behaviors
d. define punishments for violations of laws.

13. A formulary is a list of

a. approved drugs for which the insurance company pays.
b. procedural steps to resolve ethical conflicts ina medical office.
c. employess covered by an employer's helath insurance plan
d. proper behaiviors and manners for a certain community.

14. Which type of normative ethics theory describes developing good character habits and traits?

a. Virtue theory
b. Duty theory
c. Consequentialist theory
d. Confidenteiality theory

15. Which of the following acts states "An individual who has sustained either (1) irreversible cedssaion of circulatory and respiratory functions, or (2) irrevesible cessation of all functions of the entire brain, including the brain stem, is dead"?

a. Uniform Anatomical Gifts Act
b. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
c. Uniform Determination of Death Act
d. Patient Self-Determination Act

16. Which of the following statements about the Uniform Anatomical Gifts Act is true?

a. The gift can't be made by relatives after the donor's death
b. The gift must be made by a donor who is at least 18 years old
c. The gift isn't restricted to any certain purposes
d. The gift can't be revoked during the donor's lifetime

17. The Nuremburg Code forbids

a. parents from permitting children to participate in nontherapeutical research.
b. trauma researchers from conducting research in emergency situations.
c. people who are under 18 years old from donating their organs.
d. doctors from performing medical experiments on humans without consent.

18. Taking away a patient's power to consent and giving it to medical personnel or the government is called

a. medical paternalism.
b. patient autonomy
c. advance medical directives.
d. exception for informed consent.

20. the undue burden test prevents staes from passing laws that

a. restrict abortion before a fetus is viable
b. restrict abortion after a fetus is viable
c. limit artificial reproductive technologies
d. limit a patient's right to assited suicide
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 day by:
2/6/2011
Tutor: Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work replied 6 years ago
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work