Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

The following work must be re-worded in detail. A preferred…

Customer Question
The following work must be...
The following work must be re-worded in detail. A preferred writer with some property/Landlord and tenant UK experience would be great but this question is open to any professionals who feel they can re-word pieces of work. In addition, I have currently 4 pieces of this type of work but this will be the first depending upon the response. Each piece is 1 and a halve pages long. I will include the question with the answer for each piece to give the writer a better idea of what the answer is relating too, but I only wish the answer to be re-worded in detail.

Here is the question and answer to be re-worded -

QUESTION -A Public Health Act notice has been served on a house that you manage due to
Lack of space heating and hot water provision
Lack of an internal bathroom
Lack of an adequate food preparation area.

What actions will you take on behalf of your clients?

ANSWER - The Public Health Act 1925 requires any residential premises to provide a safe and healthy environment. A Public Health Act is part of U.K. Statute law providing statutory rights of sanitation to the public. The conditions of the house in question are obviously in breach of such rights. The tenancy itself is integral to deciding liability as this can vary with agreements in the lease and the length of the term. As the managing agent it is my responsibility to mediate the relationship between the landlord and tenant and to ensure that the conditions of the property are up to the standard expected by legislation. I would therefore be obligated to ameliorate the sanitary conditions through a process of actions and remedies. The Housing Act 2004 stipulates the criteria for acceptable living conditions. These conditions are dispersed into categories through the Housing Health and Safety Rating system.

The lack of space heating and hot water provision falls into the category of a physiological hazard through hygrothermal conditions. The Act requires a property to be adequately heated generally in the form of a central heating system. This prevents any detriment to the health of a tenant through sub-optimal indoor temperatures. At present the property is at threat to damp and mould growth, which can lead to a number of health problems. The lack of an internal bathroom and hot water prevision affect the tenants' sanitation, which can also lead to health problems.

The lack of an adequate food preparation area falls into the psychological requirements of the HHSRS. It states that there should be suitable space for the separation of different household activities. This is categorised into provisions for preventing crowding and creating space. A food preparation area should be sanitised to prevent health problems and separated from other household areas.

As the managing agent it is my responsibility to ensure that the living conditions of the dwelling are up to the standard and I would therefore take action to remedy these situations. It is the landlords' obligation to repair sanitary installations and heating and hot water installations unless the tenant has a fixed term of more than seven years. As the managing agent instructed by the landlord I am also subject to these obligations. I would therefore act to remedy the issue of heating and hot water by installing an adequate heating system. I would also ensure that an internal bathroom with hot water provisions is provided along with a suitable food preparation area. If however any of these problems have occurred through the negligence of the tenant or because the tenant has not cared suitably for the property then liability could lie with them. I would look to remedy these problems in haste to ensure that the living conditions of the dwelling meet the statutory obligations. In this case it is most definitely reasonable to make these improvements and as such I will be notifying the landlord of the costs and timescales involved.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Homework
1/4/2011
Tutor: proexpert37, Educator replied 7 years ago
proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator
When do you need the answer completed by?
Could you complete within 6 hours? If you cannot, what timeframe would you be looking at?
That should be fine. I can begin working on it within the hour.
Ok great stuff, I have another 3 pieces extremely similar to this, so if you would like to complete them you would be first priority as long as the work is completed to a high standard.

The Public Health Act of 1925 states that residential premises must ensure a safe and healthy environment. The Public Health Act is an integral part of U.K. Statute law which provides statutory rights of sanitation to the public. The house in question is most certainly in breach of such rights due to the present sanitation conditions. The dwelling's tenancy is paramount in determining liability as it can vary with agreements and issues related to the lease and the length of the term. As the managing agent, I have the utmost responsibility to resolve any conflicts between the landlord and the tenant as well as to ensure that the living conditions of the property meet the standards expected by the legislation. It is my duty to improve the sanitary conditions through a process of necessary actions and procedures. The Housing Act of 2004 characterizes the criteria for acceptable living conditions which are divided into categories through the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.

Physiological hazard through hygrothermal conditions is the category in which the lack of space heating and hot water provision falls into. The Housing Act of 2004 stipulates that a property must be sufficiently heated usually with a central heating unit. Such a heating system would prevent detrimental health conditions of a tenant who was previously experiencing sub-optimal indoor climate conditions. Presently, the property is threatened by mold growth due to damp conditions which is a precursor to numerous serious health problems. The absence of an internal bathroom along with hot water provisions affects the tenants'' sanitary conditions which can also lead to serious health issues.

The psychological requirements of the HHSRS is the category in which the lack of an adequate food preparation falls into. It stipulates that adequate areas should be available for the separation of varying household activities. This prevents overcrowding and creates necessary space away from other household areas. Additionally, the sanitation of food preparation areas must be implemented in order to prevent health problems.

I have always held high expectations for myself in my professional duties. As the managing agent, I truly realize that it is my utmost responsibility to ensure that the living conditions of the property meet or exceed the required standards. Therefore, I will most willingly follow the necessary procedures to improve any situations that require immediate action. However, it is the landlord's property obligation to remedy sanitary installations and heating and hot water installations unless the tenant's lease is of a fixed term of more than seven years but I am also subject to such obligations as previously instructed by the landlord. Therefore, I must act to resolve the heating and hot water issues by installing an adequate and appropriate heating system. I must also provide an internal bathroom with hot water capabilities in addition to a sufficient food preparation area. However if the tenant's negligence has caused any of these problems or if the tenant has not maintained and cared for the property adequately, then the tenant could be liable. As the managing agent, I will resolve such problems most expeditiously to ensure that the property's living conditions meet the statutory obligations. In this situation, it is reasonably feasible to proceed with such improvements and thus I will be contacting the landlord as to the costs and timescales involved.

Hope this helps. If this was to your liking, please ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my efforts. POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated. A BONUS is a nice way to say thank you as well. Thank you for your business and thank you for using Just Answer. If you need further assistance, request Expert4U at the beginning of your question Have a great day!.

Ok ill give this a quick read and reply back within 10 minutes.
No problem.
OK, some edits needed, as some parts seemed very rushed. I've pasted them here.

Little more intro difference please -- The Public Health Act of 1925 states that residential premises must ensure a safe and healthy environment. The Public Health Act is an integral part of U.K. Statute law which provides statutory rights of sanitation to the public.

Slightly Re-phrase -- It is my duty to improve the sanitary conditions through a process of necessary actions and procedures.

Rephrase all slightly please and the first sentence especially -- The psychological requirements of the HHSRS is the category in which the lack of an adequate food preparation falls into. It stipulates that adequate areas should be available for the separation of varying household activities. This prevents overcrowding and creates necessary space away from other household areas. Additionally, the sanitation of food preparation areas must be implemented in order to prevent health problems.

Again slightly rephrase to a university standard -- I have always held high expectations for myself in my professional duties. As the managing agent, I truly realize that it is my utmost responsibility to ensure that the living conditions of the property meet or exceed the required standards. Therefore, I will most willingly follow the necessary procedures to improve any situations that require immediate action

And -- I must also provide an internal bathroom with hot water capabilities in addition to a sufficient food preparation area.

Are those the only parts that you would like changed?
Pretty much, I just want some more detail rather then the sentence being back to front. Its still very obvious. Please edit where you feel you should and then I shall check over the work again.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator