Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. Which of the following is in correct chronological order

?...
1. Which of the following is in correct chronological order ?
Plato, Aristotle, Socrates.
Plato, Socrates, Aristotle.
Socrates, Plato, Aristotle.
Socrates, Aristotle, Plato.

2. Which of the following has been called “Mr. Jefferson’s University”?
The College of William and Mary.
Harvard.
The College of Rhode Island.
None of the above.

3. The middle colonies
Were as religious as the New England colonies.
Housed colonists of diverse religious backgrounds.
Could not agree on the establishment of any one system of state-supported schools.
All of the above.

4. The first kindergarten in the United States was opened in
Albany, New York.
Madison, Wisconsin.
Watertown, Wisconsin.
Chicago, Illinois.

5. Benjamin Franklin
Was strongly influenced by the writings of Plato.
Advocated English rather than Latin as the medium of instruction.
Founded Rutgers University.
Is considered the father of the American system of free public education.

6. During World War I, intelligence tests were administered to hundreds of thousands of recruits. What was discovered as a result of this testing?
Most of the recruits had an IQ of 120 or above.
Approximately one-quarter of the recruits were illiterate.
IQ tests were not valid in discriminating which men were suited for service.
Urban youth were judged to be most deficient in mental abilities.

7. Which of the following individuals led a campaign to organize the schools in Massachusetts into a state system and to establish a state board of education?
Thomas Jefferson.
Horace Mann.
Noah Webster.
Henry Barnard.

8. Which of the following statements is NOT true of education in the southern colonies?
Educational opportunity was determined largely by social class.
For the majority, only an elementary education was available.
There was only a limited number of endowed or free schools.
Several prestigious colleges and universities were established.

9. The academy was established as a result of
A change in the needs of the intellectual, economic, and social orders.
The demand of colonists for uniquely American schooling.
A steadily declining unemployment rate.
A reaction against the church.

10. Vernacular schools
Offered instruction in the mother tongue.
Taught foreign languages.
Valued play and games.
All of the above.
7/3/2010
Lucy
Lucy, Lawyer
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Lucy
Lucy, Lawyer
Lucy
Lucy
Lucy, Lawyer