Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

As the fund manager for a large mutual fund, you are preparing…

Customer Question
As the fund manager for...
As the fund manager for a large mutual fund, you are preparing for a conference call with all your major investors. You plan to e-mail everyone with an attachment that will serve as a guide for the upcoming call. You know investors time is limited so you want to be focused in your brief report. As there are numerous figures to discuss, you will be including 1 or more charts, all in the same, single document.

For the following information, prepare both a paragraph of commentary, and an appropriate chart, to support the paragraph of commentary

Find the sales and profit or net income data for a major computer corporation from the last 4 years.
Calculate profit as a percentage of sales; be careful and have the correct decimal point.
Prepare a paragraph of explanation/interpretation of the data, as if this was a small part of a lengthy report to potential investors.
Prepare a chart to display all the information in a meaningful way.
Suggestions for Responding to Peers' Posts

Review your peer's chart and commentary, and consider the following questions:

Is their commentary sufficient support for the chart and enough information to supply potential investors with?

Is the chart understandable or confusing?
What do you think about the chart design?
Was the sales, net income, and percentage of sales calculated correctly? If not, explain what went wrong and provide the correct calculations.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 day by:
6/30/2010
Tutor: F. Naz, Chartered Accountant replied 8 years ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Can you please give me until tomorrow to accept answer? I have had internet issues and have just been able to access my internet. I apologize sincerely XXXXX XXXXX interested in your reply to my question.

Hi

No problem, take your time and if you have any queries, do not hesitate to ask. Take care.

Hello Muhammad Jawaad Ahmed,

I don't mean to be a bother, but is it possible to take the numbers out a chart format and put into sentence format becaue it shows that someone else has utilized this same company in the same format and the similarity score matches 100%. It will not be a problem if I just perhaps changes the format, but I understand that the number will be the same but if you can just put it in a sentence format. Thanks so much!

HI

I have added the sentence format, please do not hesitate to ask if anything is unclear.

Click here for solution

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.