Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

you have just promoted to Manager and assigned to a different…

Customer Question
you have just promoted to...
you have just promoted to Manager and assigned to a different store. Looking through records, you noticed that the sales are not up to the company's expectation and are declining. Also, in the past couple of months, there have been a lot of refunds. You's have met the store employees and they appear very outgoing and pleasant. I about 100 words, please describe what you would do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Homework
6/22/2010
Tutor: Mohammad Ali, Visiting Accounts&Business teacher replied 8 years ago
Mohammad Ali
Mohammad Ali, Visiting Accounts&Business teacher
There can be several possible causes to the situation. One is that the books of that store were artificially "cooked up" in order to show higher sales at the year-end, in a bid to improve financial ratios. Such practice is done by first showing a lot of sales, which are then refunded at a later date. In this case, I would perform an analytical procedure to check what the normal sales levels are and whether or not the refunds now have an impact on sales ratios. The other possible explanation is that sales are falling due to rude behavior of the sales force, but it cannot be possible since the employees are very pleasant. The third possible explanation is that we are selling faulty or low quality goods, which explains for the frequent refunds. In this case, I would check whether or not we are buying from approved suppliers and according to standards set by the management

At this company, the sales records ia always correctly updated. Please let me have some other sources. Thanks.

At this company, the sales records ia always correctly updated. Please let me have some other sources, also this happen in a restaurant.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.