Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Need some help with a 500-600 word paper This is a paper that…

Customer Question
Need some help with a...
Need some help with a 500-600 word paper: This is a paper that is on :Topic,Crime Prevention Strategies: Community Based policing, This is a Utopian Society Project- Crime Prevention based on 800 people that sought to escape from the complicated, complexcity life in an attempt to establish a way of life that was peaceful and harmonious without trampling on anyone's constitutional rights. This paper will explore two primary prevention strategies and the guiding principles of Eden North (the town). Need this paper by Saturday, June 12,2010. Please let me know if you will do this for me as soon as possible.   Thanks, Nena
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Homework
6/11/2010
Tutor: RopTeam, Bachelors Degree replied 8 years ago
RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree

HI Nena, I can assist with this if agreeable?
thanks,

toneemarie

Looking forward to working with you, have a pleasant day o/

That would ge great , Thanks ever so much

Nena

Hi Nena, Is there a case or article that goes with this project?

Please let me know... I'll go in opt out status in case another expert is familiar with this case study... I will check back for your update.

tm

Edited by Toneemarie on 6/12/2010 at 7:57 PM EST
No, It is a Utopian Scoiety Project that each week we do something different on. This week it is what I have written, but I need it tonight. Do you think you can do it.

I also could not open the mediafire website for the powerpoint that you have done for me, would you please try it again.

Thanks,
Nena

Is Eden north an actual name or a fictional name?

Actually the original U.S. Constitution established such a society...

Edited by Toneemarie on 6/13/2010 at 3:45 AM EST

Hi Nena please review the info for eden paper...

I will just past it here:

thanks,

tm

____________________-

Policing Eden

Class

Instructor

Student

Date

Rights based concept for policing is supported by Eden Society because it is an international regulated standard. It is based on the United Declaration of Human Rights Act, which was passed in 1948. The standard has several principle guidelines, which are designed to police basic human societies. The basic principle covered under the rights based concept standard is as follows:

The responsibility of crime detection and prevention.

The restoration, maintenance, and control of order in the public square.

Protecting the rights of individuals from harm.

Giving aid to those in need of emergency help or service as individuals and the community.

There are some problems with rights based standards in that they have no moral code. Without a moral compass, one person's idea of right is as valid as any other. There has to be a higher authority that determines what is right or wrong. For U.S. citizens this is handled by the 4th Amendment to the Constitution. U.S. Constitution:

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,

against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants

shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation,

and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be

seized (U. S. Constitution, 1791).

A policing technique used in the U.S. is probable cause. This techniques governs the validity of certain policing actions that interfere with a persons actions that appear unlawful. A definition of Probable Cause is the case of facts being presented or witnessed that a reasonable person would consider a criminal act. The term comes from the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution.

According to the U.S. Constitution rights based standards would not permit probable cause.

The second policing model of utilitarianism is based on the idea that crime should be prevented rather than punishable(Marin , 1981). The main intent of a good system of policing should promote men to the highest level of happiness which would reflect the least amount of misfortune states R. Marin in his book "The Living Law".

The utilitarian model would allow probable cause and related techniques since they are crime preventative in nature. The utilitarian policing model would be acceptable to Eden's population as it is designed to catch alleged criminals prior to acts being committed against its citizens.

Another method of utilitarian policing is a Consent Search

According to the 4th Amendment the act of giving consent to a search of a vehicle without probable cause would be at the discretion of the car owner. In Eden police are not allowed to pull over citizens without probable cause. Any officer that decides to stop a car cannot search that vehicle unless there is cause. If there is probable cause, however, the officer would be allowed to search the vehicle without the consent o of the owner. This would be the correct application of the utilitarian model preventative method.

References

FlexyourRights.org. (2009). Fourth Amendment Supreme Court Cases. Retrieved June 12, 2010

from

http://www.flexyourrights.org/fourth_amendment_supreme_court_cases

Jrank.org. (2009). Search and Seizure. Retrieved August 8, 2009 from

http://law.jrank.org/pages/10050/Search-Seizure-Probable-Cause-Reasonable-Suspici

on.html

R. J. Marin, "The Living Law." In eds., W. T. McGrath and M. P. Mitchell, The Police Function

in Canada. Toronto: XXXXX XXXXX

USConstitution.net, (1791). IV. Amendment The Miranda Warning. Retrieved June 12, 2010

from http://www.usconstitution.net/miranda.html

Hi Nena, here is the paper as a word doc. I just thought it may be easier for you to put in a word doc if you could not access the file.

thank you,

tm

Edited by Toneemarie on 6/14/2010 at 4:59 AM EST

http://www.mediafire.com/file/itmy2tuxitm/policing eden.doc

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.