Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

How can I calculate the accuracy to which each of the distances…

Customer Question
How can I calculate the...
How can I calculate the accuracy to which each of the distances can be measured when the scale of the map is:
1) 1:500
2) 1:1250
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Homework
6/9/2010
Tutor: Curtis K, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Curtis K
Curtis K, Engineer

Hi there,

is it the complete question?

We need to know the distance on the map and the ratio unit in order to find the actual distance.

Hello
This is complete question:
Simpsons rule can be used to measure an irregular area such as a plot of land. When using an ordnance survey map calculate –
a) The accuracy to which each of the distances can be measured when the scale of the map is
1) 1:500
2) 1:1250

b) How can you ensure that the map has not been distorted by poor photocopying?

I know it is very simple and I need nly these details but i am not sure how to do it.

It might be something in this direction:
The smallest distance that can me measured on a map is 0,5mm so
the result is 0,5:250.
But I don't know how to show my calculations.

Regards
Sorry, I am opting out of this and let the other experts to help you.
Thank you