Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

2. Final Project PowerPoint Presentation Due Date Day

Customer Question
2. Final Project: PowerPoint® Presentation • Due Date...
2. Final Project: PowerPoint® Presentation

• Due Date: Day 7 (Individual Forum)

• Use information and data obtained from at least four reliable Internet sources to produce a 12- to 15-slide PowerPoint® presentation about multimedia tools that aid classroom instruction.

• Include details about how each might influence learning.

• Incorporate at least one image manipulated in a graphics program as well as a chart or graph developed in an Excel spreadsheet. Both should support specific conclusions drawn by the research.

• Integrate the following:

Excel Requirements:

o Use at least two different font sizes.
o Use at least one font style such as bold, italics, and underline.
o Apply color to at least one set of text.
o Apply a fill color to at least one set of cells.
o Apply a border to at least one group of cells.
o Use at least one function to manipulate data such as sum or average.
o Use at least one formula to manipulate data.
o Format at least one set of cells based on the data in the cells such as percentage, currency, and date.
o Create a graph or chart from the data.

PowerPoint® Requirements:

o Include a title slide.
o Include a reference slide.
o Use a slide design.
o Use at least three different slide layouts.
o Insert your name in the footer area of the slide master.
o Include at least one clipart sample to support the content of the presentation.
o Include at least one picture to support the content of the presentation.
o Include the graph or chart from the Excel spreadsheet.
o Include detailed speaker’s notes.

• Cite resources used in the body of the presentation and on a references slide.

• Post both the PowerPoint® and the Excel spreadsheet as attachments.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 day by:
6/11/2010
Tutor: Kelly Judy, Teacher replied 8 years ago
Kelly Judy
Kelly Judy, Teacher
Thank you for providing all the details of the presentation. That will help me answer your question. Can you also tell me if there is a certain part of this project specifically that you need help with? Do you need help with how to incorporate the information according to the requirements? Organization of the presentation? Technical questions about PowerPoint or Excel? Or something else? This will help me in helping you.
I just need to know what ideas to use on my presentation, and also excel graphic thing i do not understand at all...
I would start by picking maybe 3 multimedia sources that students would use and build your project and requirements around that. Once you have a specific focus, getting the information for the 15 slides shouldn't be too hard.

For example, you could include computers and a good website or program that would help students learn the targeted skill. A promethean board or smart board is another good tool. Also overhead projectors or elmo projectors (these work similar to an overhead projector, but you can put any paper or book on them without using a transperency film. (I believe it works through a computer connection, but would have to double check that.)

Here are some important notes about powerpoint:

Since it will be a presentation, font size should be at least 24 point so it is viewable to the whole room (I'm basing this on a normal size classroom - if presenting in an auditorium, larger is better)

Also, no more than 6 or 7 lines per slide - the lines should be key points you would talk about, specifics can go in your notes for you to refer to.

As for graphics, less color in the background is better. If you color the background, choose a neutral color - something that won't hurt your audiences eyes to stare at for 20 mins.

Same goes for font color - black on a light background is best so it is easy to read.

And stick to the same font style, or maybe just 2 different - the main objective is to make it easy to look at so people can focus on what you are saying instead of all the stuff going on on the slides.

(I would say these rules apply to the whole ppt except anywhere you were instructed to do otherwise - your professor is probably just wanting to see that you know how to operate the main functions.)

For the excel part I would probably find data to support that one of your multimedia is beneficial to students, or that student performance increased because of the use of the multimedia. Then I would use an appropriate chart or graph to show the data (there are premade ones to choose from and manipulate as needed.) All of the font size, color, etc. visual stuff, just find a way to make it fit with your data so it makes sense. (For example, if you have a table with numbers, make the row at the bottom total the other numbers and shade it gray.) The required formulas could be used to total your data., etc.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Also, is there a specific grade and subject you have to relate the use of multimedia to?

Edited by Kelly Judy on 6/11/2010 at 1:09 AM EST
CIS105
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what that is. Can you be more specific?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
computer class