Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

1. Target-profit analysis is a technique used to find the volume…

Customer Question
<p>1. Target-profit analysis is a...
<p>1. Target-profit analysis is a technique used to find the volume of sales -- in units or dollars -- at which a company just covers its total costs. True of False </p><p>2. When the number of units in ending inventory increases from that of the previous period, net income reported under the absorption-costing method is higher than net income reported under the variable-costing method. True or False </p><p>3. Variable-costing includes all production costs in the unit-cost calculations whether those costs are variable or fixed. True or false </p><p>4. Income using variable costing can differ from income using absorption costing. True or false </p><p>5. Under the assumptions used in cost-volume-profit analysis, as volume increases: </p><p>a) fixed costs increase in proportion to the increase in volume. </p><p>B) variable costs per unit remain the same. </p><p>C) fixed costs per unit remain the same. </p><p>D variable costs per unit increase in proportion to the increase in volume. </p><p>6. Although contribution margin and cost-volume-profit analysis can be used in service industries, computing unit costs can sometimes be more complex. All of the following statements about unit costs and revenues in the service industry are true EXCEPT: </p><p>A) service revenues do not have a tangible nature. </p><p>B) it is difficult to trace costs to a particular service. </p><p>C. it is generally not possible to use unit costs to make pricing decisions in service industries. </p><p>D) services frequently require many transactions provided by a number of departments.</p>
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Homework
6/9/2010
Tutor: F. Naz, Chartered Accountant replied 8 years ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.