Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Hi Chris, Is this something you can assist me with; I not

Hi Chris, Is this something you...
Hi Chris,
Is this something you can assist me with; I not concerned with what stance is taken. I'm sure your fimiliar with the story (too lenghty to attach). Many thanks!

• Post your response to the following: State your stance on the Terri Schiavo case, and

identify the moral value judgment that influenced you to choose your stance.

• An example of a stance is, “Terri Schiavo should have been allowed to live, despite her

persistent vegetative state.” An example of a moral value judgment is, “No person’s death

should be decided by another—people should die naturally.”

• An example of moral relativism could be that American culture accepts many religious

standpoints, making it difficult for its citizens to agree on the religious morality of the issue

brought to light by Terri Schiavo and her family.

• Moore and Parker (2007) define utilitarianism as the belief that “…if an individual can feel

pleasure and pain, then he or she deserves moral consideration” (p. 425). Consider that

many proponents of both sides of the Shiavo case thought they had Terri’s best interests

in mind—a moral consideration.
5/21/2010
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work

Do you have a word length requirement and when is it needed?

-XXXXX XXXXX

Is needed today and its a response for the discussion forum. Short, to the point, thanks so much.

Click here for answer.

Hope this helps!

Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work

Omg! You picked my stance.....awesome. Can't thank you enough, I will be in touch.

Best!

Thanks for the accept and bonus. Glad the answer worked for you!

Hi Chris,

I final essay that I need your assistance in reviewing and editing as needed. I will pay $50 but I need a way to send you attachments.

How do I get the attachments to you? This is due Sunday, May 31st.

Also, did you get the two questions yesterday?

Thank you!

I don't see any new posts under your questions. Guess you need to repost them. As for sending attachments, you can upload them to mediafire.com as a free user. After you have uploaded, you copy the address from the address bar and paste it in the JustAnswer text box. Highlight the address and click on the chain link symbol (beside the smiley face). When the link box pops up, paste the mediafire address in the "link URL" box and then click "insert." The address in the text box will be light blue and underlined, indicating that it has been linked.

-Chris M.

I posted the assignment yesterday, I must have done something wrong. I will attach here; the Appendix is at the bottom

COM 150
Comprehensive Grammar CheckPoint
Read the following sentences, and focus on the grammar area specified in the left column. Then, complete Appendix H by selecting the correct sentence (a or b) for each number and providing an explanation of why you made that choice.
Subject-verb agreement
1a. Did you know a famous animal-rights activist has criticized horseracing because of the dangers involved?
1b. Did you know a famous animal-rights activist have criticized horseracing because of the dangers involved?
Subject-verb agreement
2a. Peer editing academic papers require critical-thinking skills and diplomacy.
2b. Peer editing academic papers requires critical-thinking skills and diplomacy.
Subject-verb agreement
3a. Vitamins that are sold in a health-food store are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration.
3b. Vitamins that are sold in a health-food store is not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration.
Using regular and irregular verbs
4a. John has become a rather good actor.
4b. John has became a rather good actor.
Using regular and irregular verbs
5a. Some athletes have taken drug tests to prove they are not on steroids.
5b. Some athletes have took drug tests to prove they are not on steroids.
Using regular and irregular verbs
6a. I lay my book on the table, but now I cannot find it.
6b. I laid my book on the table, but now I cannot find it.
Using the correct form of be and have in the present tense
7a. I was interested in working on the presidential campaign if the opportunity still exists.
7b. I am interested in working on the presidential campaign if the opportunity still exists.
Verb form and verb tense
8a. Since American Idol premiered on television, many talented contestants have appeared on the show.
8b. Since American Idol premiered on television, many talented contestants appeared on the show.
Verb form and verb tense
9a. The ancient Egyptians built pyramids as burial sites for their leaders.
9b. The ancient Egyptians have built pyramids as burial sites for their leaders.
Identifying antecedents
10a. The antecedent in the following sentence is students: Students in online classes have to be organized to keep up with their assignments.
10b. The antecedent in the following sentence is class: Students in online classes have to be organized to keep up with their assignments.
Identifying antecedents
11a. The antecedent in the following sentence is Doctors: Doctors should schedule more time for patients so they do not spend so much time in the waiting room.
11b. The antecedent in the following sentence is patients: Doctors should schedule more time for patients so they do not spend so much time in the waiting room.
Pronoun-antecedent agreement
12a. When a driver wants to buy a new vehicle, he or she usually test drives them.
COM 150
12b. When a driver wants to buy a new vehicle, he or she usually test drives it.
Pronoun-antecedent agreement
13a. Most presenters spoke without looking at his or her notes.
13b. Most presenters spoke without looking at their notes.
Pronoun-antecedent agreement
14a. You may rent a movie or a video game for just one night if they are new.
14b. You may rent a movie or a video game for just one night if it is new.
Pronoun-antecedent agreement with indefinite pronouns
15a. Neither the mayor nor the council members have filed their reports.
15b. Neither the mayor nor the council members have filed his reports.
16a. Anyone who requests a copy of the game may have it for their video library.
16b. Anyone who requests a copy of the game may have it for his or her video library.
17a. Each of the applicants must submit his or her completed form to the interviewer.
17b. Each of the applicants must submit their completed forms to the interviewer.
Pronoun case
18a. My brother knows more about technology than me.
18b. My brother knows more about technology than I.
Pronoun case
19a. Please send an invitation to Bob and she.
19b. Please send an invitation to Bob and her.
Pronoun case
20a. My best friend and I are going to Hawaii this summer.
20b. My best friend and me are going to Hawaii this summer.
Pronoun case for who and whom
21a. Who was the star of last year's award-winning movie?
21b. Whom was the star of last year's award-winning movie?
Pronoun case for who and whom
22a. To who should we send the letter of commendation?
22b. To whom should we send the letter of commendation?
Pronoun case for who and whom
23a. Jon Bon Jovi, who is a well-known singer and actor, also owns an arena football team.
23b. Jon Bon Jovi, whom is a well-known singer and actor, also owns an arena football team.
Vague pronouns
24a. When the car hit a tree, it made a terrible noise.
24b. The car made a terrible noise as it crashed into a tree.
Vague pronouns
25a. Air pollution normally increases along with population growth. This increasing pollution is a big problem for many cities.
25b. Air pollution normally increases along with population growth. This is a big problem for many cities.

Axia College Material

Appendix H

Comprehensive Grammar CheckPoint Answer Form

Enter the correct answer for each item by typing either a or b in the second column. Provide an explanation for each choice in the Rationale column. The boxes expand to accommodate your text.

Item

Correct Answer

(a or b)

Rationale

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

21.

22.

23.

24.

25.

Thank Chris! I will try to send the attachment with the final essay shortly. I do need to get this in soon current one attached)

http://www.mediafire.com/?r2nzbn2jjyc

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzyzzyxokhi

http://www.mediafire.com/?wvkwhkywqmv

Proofreading Checklist

Yes

Have I followed the directions provided in the syllabus for this assignment?

Are the title page, paper setup, numbering, and margins in APA format?

Have I used Times New Roman font?

Have I double-spaced the paper, including the title page?

Have I omitted the use of first- and second-person point of view in my paper?

Have I made sure the word Introduction does not appear before the introductory paragraph and the word Conclusion does not appear before the concluding paragraph?

Are the paragraphs indented five spaces?

Have I avoided one-sentence paragraphs and lengthy paragraphs?

Have I cited my sources in the text for both direct quotations and paraphrases?

Have I avoided the use of bulleted lists, contractions, boldface, slang, and abbreviations, per Axia style guidelines?

Have I listed the works cited on a reference page?

Have I ensured that all citations and references are in APA format?

Have I met the minimum word count and not exceeded the maximum, as specified in the assignment? The word count includes the title page and reference page.

Have I deleted any vague or unnecessary words, such as well, okay, very, things, really, a lot of, etc.?

Have I read the paper aloud to catch any grammatical or spelling errors?

· Use Appendix I to proofread your final draft. If you cannot answer yes to an item in the Proofreading Checklist, revise your paper accordingly.

• Construct an expository essay, 1,500 to 1,750 words in length, formatted according to Axia style guidelines.
  • Include the following elements:

• A title page
    • An introduction and a thesis statement
    • A body with supporting evidence and in-text citations
    • A conclusion
    • A reference list with at least two reputable online sources

Ok! That was fun and new for me. Hope you get it. Please review the info provided along with the appendix provided by the instructor. Phoenix is not hard core but if I can at least make the submission having followed the guidelines, I will do well. Must be turned in by this Sunday, let me know if your interested in assisting. Thank you!

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work

Good Morning Chris!

Just wanted to check in and confirm if you're able to assist with the essay? If I'm going to go out of my mind, I want to be prepared to do so this weekend, lol.

Thanks again!

I want to thank you for this request and for previous ones. However, after reviewing your attachments, it appears that because of the required word-length (1,500 to 1,750 words)this assignment will have to be posted in the Writing sub-category of Homework. I'm not in the Writing category, but if you make a post there (you can copy and paste the links from this thread to a new post) I am sure one of the Writing experts would be happy to assist for the value you are offering. It is just one of the site rules that help with writing and editing papers of this length has to be done by a Writing expert. There are usually 15 or so experts online, so you shouldn't have a problem getting assistance.

Chris M.

NO problem! I posted it but hope I will find someone as helpful as you. I will be in touch again soon, thank you.

Your assignment request is now posted in the Writing category and you hopefully you should receive assistance shortly. No reply is necessary.

Thanks,

Chris M.

Hi Chris,

How do I check status? I haven't heard from anyone.

Thanks again

Your most recent question was moved to the Writing category. You can check on it here.

-Chris M.

Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work