Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Fallacy Statements Appendix C 15 questions

4/26/2010
David L.
David L., Engineer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

First, please provide more details so that I can better assist you.

I need answers to the following assignment;

Axia College Material
Appendix C

Categorizing Fallacies

Categorize each fallacy statement by copying and pasting it into the text box adjacent to its matching fallacy type.

Fallacy Statements

1. It takes someone with a really big heart to give to our charity, and you seem like someone who cares more than most.

2. On a radio ad: "Have you been fatigued, irritable, moody? If these symptoms are ignored, you might become depressed or even suicidal! Ward off the blues by taking a pill proven to cheer you up. Millions of people have, and they're glad they did!"

3. From a study group member: "I just don't get it. One minute she says she's coming, and then the next, she calls to cancel. I wonder if we can trust that the articles she submitted are what we need!"

4. You're going out with Carron? Well, she's a nice person, but I hear her last relationship was a wreck! I'd be careful if I were you.

5. About an already-attractive home interior: "I don't know why we started this home renovation if we're only doing two of the rooms. Either way, it won't look right unless we redo the entire house."

6. Stomachache or not, how could you not eat your dinner after I spent all that time making it!

7. I don't care if she is the top psychiatrist in the state! Her theory on sibling rivalry is extreme. How can we believe anything she says if she subscribes to theories of that nature?

8. From one politician about another: "He's a two-faced, liberal, anti-family, anti-values idealist!"

9. My friend, who goes to college in another state, said girls from that sorority are mean. That girl we just met, Tracy, is from the same sorority, so I don't trust her.

10. From a teenager confronted by his parent about breaking curfew: "Why do we have to keep harping on this curfew thing? Let's talk about that A grade I'm getting in algebra."

11. From one mom to another: "I can't believe Shelia lets her kids watch that garbage! I always knew she wasn't very strict. Now our kids will be over there watching that junk, too!"

12. From a conspiracy theorist: "Come on, everyone knows that the government has lied to us in the past. This case isn't any different."

13. If it weren't for the president's environmental policy, we wouldn't be dealing with these environmental catastrophes.

14. It's disgraceful that a member of the Elks Lodge would go out to fast food restaurants every night. The Elks believe in family values, including home-cooked meals.

15. Sure, I've heard that it's better to not eat cheeseburgers every day, but it's extra protein and protein is good for you.

Fallacy Type Fallacy Statement
Ad hominem/genetic

Wishful thinking

"Argument" from popularity

Hasty generalizing

"Argument" from outrage

Straw man

Post hoc

Red herring/smokescreen

Group think

Scare tactics

Poisoning the well

Apple polishing

Guilt trip

Perfectionist fallacy

Inconsistency ad hominem

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/18dc6-axia-college-material-appendix-c-categorizing#ixzz0mFUGe1vW

Ok then I am going to refer your question to the homework experts to assist you further.

I actually copied and pasted the assignment from your site. It shows you have answer this assignment several times.

Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Thank you very much I will return in the future.
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work